Sports Fan Fiction ❯ Punishment ❯ Realization ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The house was quiet. So quiet that the only sounds resonating through the rooms were electrical in nature. Nothing moved, lived, or breathed within its walls.

Casey couldn't remember the house ever being so quiet. Jamie was always making some sort of racket. Be it with loud music, or tinkering on his bike, or simply walking around the house clattering into things. He was noisy by nature, one of the many things that Casey so loved about him. He smiled softly at the thought that one day Jamie would be back in their home, causing the same ruckus.

Slowly, he made his way to the recliner that Jamie had bought him for their anniversary. Though the pain was still real, still fresh, he had no desire to numb it. He wanted to feel each sting, so that the memory didn't cease to be. He wanted to remember.

And he knew the best way to do so.

Pulling the tape from the backpack he had carried home, he slid it into the VCR and settled himself into his safety net. Even if Jamie was not there to hold him, to get him through, the chair would serve as a reminder that he was never far away. He was safe in Jamie's grasp.

With a deep breath, he pressed play.

He bit down hard to avoid the tears that sprang to his eyes. He was outside of himself, watching as he was violated in a myriad of ways. The knowledge of what objects had raped him being seared into his brain. The contours of the body that tried to destroy his own making a new memory of those days. With each slice of the knife, he slid his fingers over the now healing wound.

Pain filled his heart at the thought of Jamie having watched. His beautiful partner had seen the destruction of someone he loved deeply. Casey could only begin to imagine how scarred he would always be. When the words of The Voice passed through his ears, his jaw set in anger.

The Voice was bent on pure destruction. Destruction of the people that he loved. He vowed to himself that he would do whatever it took to avenge the pain that had been cause to not only Jamie, but Kasey and Tony as well.

Rewinding the tape somewhat, he listened to the words again. His eyes narrowed slightly. A feeling washed over him and he growled slightly.

He recognized the tone of The Voice.