Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time Fan Fiction ❯ My Equal, My Friend ❯ Walls of Ice ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If I actually owned Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, the Fayt/Albel ending would be the only ending even though I haven't seen it as of yet.
 
Author's Notes: In all honesty I don't know how I came up with this chapter if it, in fact, can be called that. I was actually listening to my Port of Mystery CD by Yanni when I was inspired to write this. It takes place after they get to Moonbase and defeat the Proclaimer and before they leave for the Aquaelie and the planet Styx. I may come back to this chapter and do some editing if I happen to remember; college is so evil. Any ways, sorry if this seems a bit out there and/or rushed; I was half dazed and hungry when I wrote it so... yeah. Enjoy! ^.^
 
Walls of Ice
 
The passage of time flowed like so many grains of sand through one's fingers as the two warriors sat letting it flow over them and pass them by as they took a few moments to themselves. Albel didn't really know how they had come into each others company, perhaps they already had been and he simply failed to notice for how right it felt to have the other there.
 
Green eyes were distant as he listened to the music coming from that strange device that rested on the bench to his right. The music was strange and foreign to Albel but it was appealing none the less. The power and emotion in the music had captivated him and constantly drew his thoughts to the said green eyed boy.
 
He didn't know how or why, but the boy had become a life line for him, healing his sanity and taming the beast within his heart. His feelings for the boy had worked themselves out as he had thought but even then he hadn't liked the revelation though it was the truth. Albel knew he wasn't one for emotions and he knew that if he were to ever fall in love with someone that particular someone would have to be able to understand him and thus be able to free his frozen heart from its icy prison.
 
Well he had fallen in love. He'd fallen in love with Fayt and he knew, knew from that night in Peterny that he somehow, someway, understood even though he didn't really see it yet. Maybe he did see it; it was hard for to tell with him really. That was something he couldn't understand about the boy. How could Fayt read him so easily but be so hard to read himself? It was really beginning to irritate him.
 
Sighing and shaking his head, he stood stretching his arms over his head unaware of the emerald fire that licked over his lean form as he did so. He would have to tell Fayt of his feelings sooner or later, of that he was certain though he'd prefer later to sooner though he figured it'd be better to do it sooner and get it over with. Until then, though, it could and would keep. There were, after all, more important things to concentrate on.
 
“Well come on, fool,” he called over his shoulder. “It's late and we need our rest.”
 
A chuckle echoed softly to his side as Fayt caught up with him. “What's wrong, Albel? Getting tired in you old age?” he said a smirk firmly in place.
 
“You do realize, maggot, you are the only one who can say such a thing and live?” he growled deep in his chest not noticing the shiver his tone sent through his shorter companion only hearing him chuckle at his remark.
 
“Yeah, I know,” he said placidly perhaps a bit indulgently, his soft smile warming his heart and adding yet another crack in the walls of ice surrounding his heart.
 
--End--