StarFox Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ Chapter II: Powers Revealed ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fay was shoved up against a wall of one of the skyscrapers towering above her in the alleyway by the lusty-eyed wolf that had been following her and Miyu. "St-stop!" Fay whimpered.
"Leave her--alone!" Miyu snarled, struggling in the grip of a large jaguar.
"Come on, girly, you know you want me," the wolf sneered. He grabbed Fay's wrists and pinned them above her head, then he unbuttoned the first few buttons of her shirt.
Fay whimpered softly, lowering her head. "Please--" she whispered.
"Well, well...what have we here?" the wolf smirked. "You're prettier than I--oof!" Miyu tackled the wolf, then rolled to her feet in a fighting stance. "Leave--her--alone!" Miyu snarled. "Run, Fay!" she ordered. Fay took off like a white lightning bolt.
"You can't hide from me, girly!" the wolf shouted, climbing to his feet.
Miyu blasted the wolf and the jaguar with fireballs. "Stay away from us!" Miyu hissed. A barrage of fire blasts followed that statement. The wolf was sent tumbling, but the jaguar kept his feet. He pulled a blaster from a hidden holster on his leg and pointed it at Miyu.
"That's quite enough, girl," the jaguar growled. "You've given us quite a thrill, but now we're going to have to kill you." A sadistic smirk curved his muzzle, and his finger tightened on the trigger.
Suddenly, a metallic ching rang through the air, and the jaguar's blaster was sliced in two. A black panther appeared in front of Miyu, raising his sword. "I think it's time that you left," he said.
All of the two 'morphs cockiness vanished, and the jaguar and wolf dashed off. Miyu's rescuer turned to her, smiling gently. "Are you all right, girl?"
"Y--yes," Miyu panted.
"A girl your age shouldn't be wandering out alone in a city like this," the panther said. "Where are your parents?"
"Fay and I are orphans..." Miyu said, looking down.
"Ohh...." the panther gently placed a hand on Miyu's shoulder. Miyu winced slightly, but did not pull away. "I'm so sorry, girl. Do you even have anywhere to live?"
Miyu shook her head. "No...we were in foster homes for a while, but most of them were only short-term care. And--after some strange things started happening, no one else wanted us."
The panther raised an eyebrow. "Strange things? What do you mean?"
Miyu held out a hand, and a fireball appeared, floating a few centimeters above her hand. "Fay and I have strange powers. She can control ice, and I can control fire. After a few--accidents in the foster homes, we were thrown on the streets."
The panther sighed. Some people just were heartless. "You and your friend are elementals," he said. "That means you can control a certain elemental property; specifically ice and fire."
Miyu looked up. "Really? Wow....how do you know so much?"
The panther laughed. "I actually would have thought that you would know that already."
Miyu shook her head. "No...we haven't exactly been up on all the latest news on elementals," she smirked.
The panther smiled back, then stroked his chin thoughtfully. "I have an idea," he said. "Now, while I don't exactly have a massive house, I think that it could accommodate two more people."
Miyu looked up, gasping softly. "Really? You'd let us live with you?"
"Sure," the panther nodded. "I have free space, and you need a place to stay. It seems that it's only the right thing to do."
Miyu giggled, jumping up and down. "I have to tell Fay!" She grabbed the panther's hand and led him out of the alleyway. Suddenly, she stopped. "Oh! What's your name?" she asked.
The panther smiled. "Panther," he said. "Panther Caluroso."
"Panther, huh?" Miyu repeated. "It fits," she giggled.
Panther smiled. 'Things are going perfectly,' he thought.