Stargate: Atlantis Fan Fiction / Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction / Stargate SG1 Fan Fiction ❯ Universegate ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: This is a parody inspired by the works of Nickelodeon and Sci-fi Channel. All characters that I have not created or borrowed from other sources are theirs. This is a Fan fiction and not meant to violate the rights of those who own the rights to the Avatar:The Last Airbender or the various Stargate Series. I have no money and therefore not a good suing target. Thank you very much.

Universegate

Chapter Two

Later at Stargate Command...

SG-1 had gathered around a briefing at the conference room where the General had gathered them. Seated was their commander Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell, Lieutentant Colonel Samantha Carter who was an expert in many of the techologies they had come across and Dr. Daniel Jackson who was an expert in alien and ancient cultures. With them was the alien human Teal'c who had been a firm ally since the beginning the the program. They were seeing a video tape of a group of men, a little tomboy girl and a small boy with blue tatoos standing around a stargate.

What was most interesting in the tape was the sudden martial arts stances they all took before the earth literally moved. The area around the gate lifted up in what looked like a slab. Then cameraman stepped on the slab and the area around them started to move quickly along. Pointing the camera down, they saw the slab was moving across the land. The tape continued with before the slab stopped at a huge stone wall without any seams. Men on top of the walls moved into a martial arts stance and seemed to be pulling at something... while the wall it's self divided and opened up to let the slab pass.

The General turned the tape off for the moment. Daniel was the first to speak, "From the visual images I have seen on the video, there seems to be a planet made up of eastern influences. Mixtures of older Japanese, Korean and Chinese with the addition of Tibetian in the clothing of the young boy with the tatoos. I take it this is a new world we have come in contact with."

"Forget world, think bigger. This is an entire universe, an alternative multiverse as Dr. McKay has explained it. He mentioned the Anicents developed a Quantum Dialing System, using quantum frequencies to replace stars in the use of the gate. A gate would have to have the program uploaded in their DHD or in our case the Dialing Computer, but it uses almost the same amount of energy as a normal gate dialing." told the General as the computer data expressed itself on the film screen they were using to show off the information better.

"If these reports are correct, the Ancients were looking for a way to create a more powerful energy source using the natural laws of the alien universe. These different dimensional rules might explain the geokinetic abilities which were shown in the tape. I take it Rodney recorded it." responded Sam as she looked at the diagrams which had been relaid.

"Apparently it is a natural ability of the inhabitants. The world was divided into four fractions up until a hundred years ago when a war broke out. Each of the four fractions controlled an element. In their cycle of elements, water then earth then fire then air before it repeats." mentioned the General as Daniel and Sam were looking over the file information.

"So what happened with this war?" asked Cameron as he tried to get the heads up.

"It was started by the Fire Nation, but stalled by the actions of the Avatar. The one being on their planet to control all four elements, yet from the report he seems to have powers equal to an advance Ancient or Ascended being. The Avatar then died and was reborn in the next people in the cycle, from the Fire Nation itself to the Air Nomads. About twelve years later the Avatar was frozen in ice after running away in a storm. He had been seal till about winter last year their time. At the same time the Avatar disappeared, the Firelord of the time used a comet to advance his Fire Nation force to commit genocide against the Air Nomads. All of them were killed save the Avatar, a boy named Aang." The doctor of archaeology was reading the culture report.

"When the Avatar was released, he went on a mission to restore the balance between all the people of his world. He had learned to airbend and had to learn the other three elements. A mixture of success and failures continued till he confronted the previous Firelord, a man named Ozai, and managed to remove his ability to bend fire. Then Aang's firebending teacher and the prince of the Fire Nation, Prince Zuko, took the throne and has made a mission of restoring the nations honour and rebuilding the balance of the three remaining nations." concluded the doctor as he looked up at the group.

"I take it we are going on a mission to this world." was the comment from the former Jaffa.

"Just to get caught up to speed and aid with the building of an iris or forcefield around their gate. We decided to send you do to Dr. Jackson and Col. Carter's expertises, as well as Col. Mitchell and Teal'c combat abilities in case something goes wrong. This could be a step in finding something which can counter the Ori or the Wraith in another universe, so you leave within the hour!" replied Landry as they all got familiar with the mission.

Later in Ba Sing Se...

Sam was looking at the building the Stargate had been located to for the moment. It seemed like it had been there for years, yet according to Rodney it had only been there for a few days. It was always possible with a higher technology to complete such a feat within the time period, yet this seemed not to be the case. She asked, "So let me get this straight, all of the technology of this society is preindustrial? No big factories or anything like that?"

"The Fire Nation had some factories, but they are being careful in their uses since the problems with pollution. My sister doesn't like all of the chemicals which are spilled into the rivers from the metal smithing, but then she's a water bender so she's sensitive to it. Still, a two headed fish just means double the value." commented Sokka as he looked over the computer system which the Atlantis Team had brought with them. He seemed to be interested in the scientific information which was displayed. Sam was thankful for the translation device of the Ancients which allowed her to understand the people of this world.

"Techology in this world is a mixed bag. Most technology is based around the bending arts. The Fire Nation has a technological advantage even with the sharing they have conducted with the other countries. They developed steam powered tanks with a firebender as the cannon, metal clad ships and even jetskis, airships of various sizes, and a huge drilling machine for cutting into rock." said Rodney as he explained some of the advancement of the society they were in.

"Yeah, but a lot of that was helped by the Mechanist. He's an Earth Kingdom man who's villaged moved into the Northern Air Temple and was blackedmailed to create these things. He also created new Air Nomad gliders for his people and during the invasion of the Fire Nation he helped to build waterbending powered submarines. Then there are things like the Ba Sing Se monorail system as Dr. McKay explains it or the mail system of Omashu, which is all earthbending based." chimed in the Water Tribes boy as he described the other kinds of inovations.

"So is a lot of your society based around this bending ability?" asked Sam as she hooked up another computer system so that a communication next work could be provided.

"Seems like it. My village had been nearly destroyed by the Fire Nation, with most of our waterbenders gone. So I didn't see a lot of bending before I started to travel around with Aang, and then it seemed to be everywhere." commented the teenager, as he always keep his eyes on the screen.

Daniel was looking at the location where the gate had been placed in the ruins of old Ba Sing Se, all the while listening to the Earth Kingdom archeaologist he had be given as an escort. Following close behind him was the young boy which the people had called the Avatar, which by his understanding of their written language was loosely translated as the "Divine medium who has descended upon the mortal world." The guide was now mentioning the details behind the caverns.

"So this was the first city of Ba Sing Se, a series of caverns dug out of the earth to create an underground city for your people?' asked Daniel, trying to understand the abilities of these people to geokinetically control their environment.

"Yes, we believe the caverns expanded upwards till they created a soceity on the surface of the land. Then they developed the impenetrable walls which surround the various rings of the city, which has given the city the name of the Impenetrable City. Well, impenetrable until the last few years, this one in particular since the walls were broached twice. Once by deception and the other time by force." spoke the professor they were traveling with.

"Interesting. Do you think the gate could have been moved by one of the earliest members of the soceity living down here? Using a similar method as when they soldiers of the city moved the gate to outside the city?" asked the man from Earth, but before there is any reply there was an interruption.

"Doctor Jackson, I don't know it this helped, but there is some kind of metal object behind the wall over there," said Aang as he pointed to the wall near the location where the gate had been found. A wall which didn't seem to be any different from most of the other walls of the cavern. The young boy continued, "I think I can open it with my earthbending, do you think I should?"

"How can you tell there is something there? Is this another aspect of bending?" was the reply from the Doctor.