Suikoden Fan Fiction ❯ Chronicles of the Gate Rune ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chronicles of the Gate Rune Prologue:
 
 
 
Childrenof the Gate Rune
 
 
When the world was still young, the Gate Rune; one of the 27 true runes spilt into two. First the Front Gate Rune and second the Back Gate Rune. The Front Gate had the power to summon beings from another world and transport them to any location it desires. While the only way to send them back; is by the power of the Back Gate rune, each Rune having its own bearer.
 
Out of whim the Front Gate demonstrates its power, summoning existences one after another. First it summons a serpent like creature with azure scales and emerald eyes. Its roar moves oceans and its silver wings created hurricanes. The next one is a fanged beast with white fur that shined different colors as light passed through. It stood proudly on four legs while its mane moved ever so gracefully as the wind blew. On its front legs were gold bracelets and with each stomp it shook the earth. Lastly a winged bird with fiery feathers, with the beat from its four wings it scorched the air with golden fire. Unleashing such beasts in the world created an unbalance in nature. Their powers too great for the world to withstand they ripped the world to the extent that it almost crumbled.
 
Realizing its mistake the Front Gate Rune tries to bring the beasts back to where they came from but it failed for it only has the power to summon them not return them. With no other choice the Front Gate Rune contains the three beasts in runes it created from its own being. The beasts were contained but the world was still not able to withstand their power. The Back Gate Rune witnessed the events and tried to create a rune that can balance the raging powers. From its own existence it created a Rune that feeds from the powers of the three runes the Front Gate has created. With this the warring powers were calmed.
 
The Children of the Gate Runes, the four runes created by both Gate Runes, First the Azure Dragon Rune it contains the Azure beast with Silver Wings. The power to move oceans and freeze air with it's deafening roar. The second rune, the Scarlet Wing Rune contains the four winged bird of fire. With every flap of its wings creates flames that can melt rocks. Third, the Silver Fang Rune, it contains the Silver beast with its every stomp shakes the very earth. Lastly the only rune created by the Back Gate Rune in order to quell the powers of the later three, the Nether Gate Rune. It returns everything back to nothing, its power equivalent to the power of the three runes. Destructive these four runes are and were kept hidden by four bearers, to carry the Runes' power and curse for eternity.
 
With this the wheels of Fate begin to turn, a destiny waiting to unfold revolving around these runes and the master of Time; a destiny that can lead to new life or destruction. Bear witness now to the unfolding destiny of the Children of the Gate Rune.