Suikoden Fan Fiction ❯ Chronicles of the Gate Rune ❯ Chapter One: Metting ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chronicles of the Gate Rune
 
Discalimer:
 
This a work fiction and has no real connection with the Suikoden Title. I do not own the Suikoden brand and I don't claim that I do. I just do this fan fiction as a past time. With that said on with the fic.
 
 
Chapter One: “Meeting”
 
=-=-=--=-=--=--=-=--=--=--=--=-=--=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-= -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 
Seven years after the civil war in Falena the Queendom has enjoyed its following years in peace. Under the rule of Queen Lymsleila the common people were given more priority over the nobles; one of which abolishing the Senate and replacing it with a parliament with representatives from all the villages and cities in the Queendom. With the royal prince following Georg Prime in his travels along with Lyon the prince's bodyguard; and the fact that the queen refuses to marry, the Queens Knights were without a commander. But after sometime Miakis, the queen's personal body guard reformed the Queens Knights and was made entirely of female knights with Miakis leading them. With this the people of Falena live their lives in peace. Unbeknownst to them this temporary peace was to be disrupted by an unknown force from the south, sparking war between two countries with someone manipulating behind the shadows. The wheels of Fate turn intertwining the destiny of one man with the destiny of an entire country, Falena. The Chronicles of the Gate Rune Begins.
 
 
Sol Falena ( Year 457 in the Solis Calendar 1 )
 
The majestic white castle stood silently overlooking the city below, the castle where the Sun Rune2, the symbol of the royal family is housed. Without the need for the Sun Rune, it is stored at the same tower where it was held before the previous queen bore it. Queen Lym's scowled as she remembered the events that took place seven years ago.
 
“ It was because of this rune that the war started it was because of this that mom….” Queen Lym paused for a while as she reminisced.
 
“No, it's not the rune's fault…people wanted its power and it resulted to war, that's the reason why everything happened that day”
 
She looked up once more at the rune “That's why it should stay here locked up here so no one can use it ever again”
 
She crosses her arms and thought “ It's about time Miakis got tired of looking for me, I should go take a look”
 
She silently opened the door, peeking at first to see if the coast is clear and finally going out. Stealthily she went down a few steps and scanned the area. She sees her bodyguard Miakis systematically checking every room to find her.
 
She jumps back hiding herself again. “Whew! That was close” Her bodyguard still searching as she said “Really now! Lym should really stop sneaking out every time there's a meeting with the parliament. She's really causing not only me but the parliament a lot of trouble. She should just grow up and learn to take responsibility.”
 
Lym rolled her eyes at Miakis' remark. She returned her focus on Miakis as the knight added “ Although I can't blame her since the meeting's pretty boring I could hardly stay awake myself while inside that room with no one else with but old people talking”
 
Lym can't help but giggle at the comment “ She's absolutely right” Lym said out loud.
 
“Lym?” Miakis motioned for the stairs.
 
“Oh no! She's going to find me! I gotta hide” Lym frantically looked for a place to hide.
 
“Captain!” someone called out. Miakis stopped and turned at the woman who called her. “What is it Tsukari?” Miakis sighed with a little irritation in her tone. Tsukari is one of the Queens Knights3, she has long raven hair neatly cut which emphasized her porcelain skin. She has a stern expression on her face most of the time and carried a wooden stick behind her, fastened between the ribbon tied on her waist. Her sleeves flowed freely up to half length above her arms. A combination of red, black and gold decorated her clothes and armor. Tsukari without changing her expression said
 
“I'm sorry to bother you with your search for the queen but the parliament cannot wait any longer, if it is delayed any longer it will cause them conflicts with their schedule as there are other matters that need their attention with” Tsukari paused and waited for Miakis' answer.
 
“You already know what I will answer but you still…Urgh! It really irritates me you know!” Miakis said angrily.
 
“I ask for your forgiveness, but the matter with the parliament still needs to be resolved” Tsukari answered without a change in her tone.
 
“I know, I will represent the queen in the meeting for now. That Lym will have it really hard when I find her later” Both knights walk towards the room where the meeting is held.
 
Lym sighed as both women disappeared behind the door. She steps down and checks her surroundings making sure she is not seen.
 
“I'll just have to make sure that Miakis will not find me until she's calmed down or I'm in big trouble” She walks towards the exit and headed for the pier.
 
At the Pier Lym sits down at her usual spot and overlooks the vast river. A smile appears on her lips as she calmly watches the Feitas River4 with boats slowly moving in and out of the city.
 
“I really love this city and the whole of Falena, I won't forgive anyone who tries to take this feeling of happiness from the people. I wasn't able to do so before but I will do something this time! It's just that I can't stand meetings with the Parliament! I can hardly stay awake” Lym slouched lower as she thought of this.
 
“I wonder if there are anyways to make the meetings more interesting”
 
 
While she thought of ways to keep herself from falling asleep while on meetings, a group of men secretly observed her while whispering to each other.
 
“She is here, the information we got was correct. Shall we make a move now?” One of the men whispered.
 
“Let's just wait a little longer for the signal to move in. We can't risk failing this mission” Another man answered.
 
There are five men hiding behind some boxes as they quietly observed the young queen. Moments later a carrier pigeon arrived with a piece of paper attached on it's foot. One of the men took and unfolded the paper. A smirk appeared on his face and shared the message with his companions.
 
“We are clear to move in; our escape route is a boat with red sails on a dock east of here. We are to up her to sleep then put her inside a crate in order to transport her without anyone noticing.” The man instructs the other four men.
 
“Don't worry; no one should be around this dock since our client made sure to clear the dock of people. So we can make some noise if necessary” The leader added. “Now let's get moving”
 
The men walked towards the young queen. Lym took notice of them from a fair distance and was alerted when they came closer. She looked for a way to escape them and started to run towards the city. She tried to scream for help but was quickly caught and silenced. She struggled to get free but the man just over powered her greatly. She tried to scream again but is muffled by the cloth held against her mouth. One of the men took out some kind of powder from his pocket and is about to use it on Lym. Lym closed her eyes as she shouts in her head “Some one save me!” repeatedly. Unable to break free tears rolled down her yes as she blames herself for getting into that situation. “If only I didn't run away from Miakis earlier, if only Miakis was here these men won't be able to take me away. Miakis Miakis Miakis! Please save me Miakis!” She silently screamed inside her mind as the man was about to use the medicine on her a stone struck the man's arm causing the man to drop the medicine.
 
“Who the hell did that?” The men looked everywhere, their vision directed at a man on top of some crates squatting down holding a stone on his hand.
 
Lym silently looked at the man trying to say “Save me! Please!” with her eyes.
 
As if to answer her plea the man stood up and replied “I got it, so you can stop crying now” The man slowly moved towards the men still holding the stone in his hand. He had short silver hair that shined blue under the sun, azure irises that gleamed like sapphire. He had a smile on his face the entire time but his eyes clearly showed that he was enraged. By looking at his clothes he's clearly a foreigner, a Blue and Silver coat that opened at his waist a black shirt inside tucked in under his creamy brown pants. He has a sword that hung from his waist the men took notice of it and were on alert as he motioned slowly towards them.
 
“I will tell you to let the lady go but it seems that you are the type that doesn't listen right?” He stops at a considerable distance and says “Let her go or else I'll be forced make you”
 
“What is he talking about? Is he planning on taking on five men all by himself?” Lym thought to herself as she can't believe on how one man can save her from her predicament.
 
“You must be crazy to think that you can take on all of us at once” The leader sneered and motioned the other four to surround the man. The other four do so while taking out short swords and pointed them at the man.
 
“Four men…but I can't risk the lady getting hurt…so” Blue light suddenly shined out of his right hand that blinded the men and Lym. After a moment Lym's eyes re adjusted and she was able to she again. She blinked a few times and can't believe what she saw. The Man with silver hair was suddenly surrounded by ice, which threw the four men backwards with the force.
 
“Rune Magic?” Lym thought to herself in awe. It's not that she hasn't seen this kind of magic before, Kyle did use a similar type of magic before but this man used it with such precision that the blast did not harm her even though she was pretty close to the blast area. The Leader can't believe what happened and tried to use Lym as a shield. While he was focused on the man with silver hair, Lym saw it as a chance to break free. Lym bit the arm of the man holding her hostage. The man let out a cry of pain and the silver haired man threw the stone at his head further adding to his pain.
 
Lym quickly ran away from the leader and this gave the silver haired man the opportunity to close in on the leader and gave him a hard punch on the stomach and finishing it with a kick to the head knocking the leader down.
 
“That's what you get for trying to kidnap me you jerk!” Lym haughtily exclaimed as she looked down on the unconscious man.
 
“You're still energetic after that experience huh? Kids sure are amazing.” Lym was insulted by this remark and fires off the silver haired man. “What kid? I'm no kid! I'm already eighteen years old!”
 
“Like I said you're still a kid” The silver haired man said jokingly.
 
“And I thought of showing my gratitude to you for saving me! You're just a jerk!” Lym steamed as she shouted.
 
“I don't need your gratitude anyway, just be careful next time” The silver haired man turned and waved goodbye
 
“Why you…! Argh! Wait! I'm still talking to you!” Lym followed after the man but stopped when she heard someone call out
 
“Your Highness!” Miakis was running towards them with a worried expression on her face. “ I heard from a citizen that you were seen with some suspicious men…I…” She stopped and saw the silver haired man with a sword hanging from his waist.
 
“So you were the one who tried to abduct her highness! Prepare yourself!” Miakis dashes towards the man with daggers ready.
 
“Oh no! Miakis misunderstood! He's not the bad guy I fact he's the one who saved me!” Lym thought to herself and quickly tried to stop Miakis. But Miakis was quick and was already near the silver haired man.
 
To be continued…
 
 
 
Notes:
 
1 Solis Calendar : It's the calendar used in the Suikoden world. All the Suikoden games use this system.
 
2 Sun Rune: The true rune featured in Suikoden V, it is the symbol of the ruling family Falena. It's the reason why the Queendom was established. The Queendom of Falena, legend has it, was founded after a woman descended onto the northern area of Lunas, bearing the Sun Rune, to become the first Queen. The Sun Rune became the national treasure of Falena, along with its 'helper' runes, those of Dawn and Twilight.
3 Queens Knights: They are a group of knights that were responsible for protecting the royal family. They are also the commanding officer for the military army in Falena. By tradition the husband of the queen is automatically the Commander, but since Lym is not married no one is available for the position. In time Miakis became the acting commander and later reformed the Queens Knights and became the captain. Of course that's only in this Fan Fic.
 
4 Feitas River: The main river in Falena, it is used as the main route for transport and trades with other countries in Falena.
 
Thoughts: I hope the first chapter satisfied you readers, I would like to keep it short and to the point so it won't be boring. I had problems with my past works with them dragging along and ending up incoherent. Anyways I thought of the idea for this fic a long time ago and only had the time to do it now. I thought hard for the main plot and how to make it exciting to read. I consulted a friend for this and he helped me thought of most of the plot in the story. It's obviously a Suikoden V Fanfic, the setting seven years after the civil war. I looked it up in Suikosource to get the age and dates right. I do hope that you guys will continue to read my fic. Be sure to expect more exciting chapters to come.
 
RYGGIM