Suikoden Fan Fiction ❯ Suikoden: Marriage Prospects ❯ Yuber ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yuber, Tenyu Star

Aka: The black knight, bringer of chaos, man in black.

Looks: Your not so typical villain with good looks, long and braided blonde hair. Comments on Yuber, by SIII's Character Illustrator (Ishikawa): "Him braiding his own hair is truly a mystery. He may unexpectedly be skillful in that way." Yuber's right eye is red and his left eye is silver. Supposedly quite tall, since in the game he stood taller than Albert and about the same with Geddoe. He used to have that black armor similar with Mirage's (you know, those monster outside the Syndar ruins), but they purposely got rid of the armor so it would harder to identify him at first sight.

Smarts: Supposedly not the wisest of Luc's party, but I'll credit him for having some excellent evil skills, sneaking in and out of several great wars for several centuries - always at the right time to keep Pesmerga from ever catch his tail or get killed. Well, Pesmerga caught him once in S1, but their duel ended in a tie.

Personality: Quote from Yuber: "…the smell of blood. I love it! I find it quite sweet." Evil! Evil evil evil evil evil! But less of the cackling kind of evil and more of the gloating kind, which is fortunately less annoying. He's more likely to kill you than kiss you, not to mention torture you and burn and pillage your hometown. He's also a sneak, so watch out for him having an affair...well, if he cared for that kind of thing. On the positive side, he's highly entertaining and (not really) driven to achieve his goals.

Cooking: (Does he even eats?) Likely has no practical experience, but he's very good at chopping, skewering & mincing. It's probably better to do the cooking yourself anyway so that you don't have to worry about him trying to impale you.

Fighting Skills:It's a mystery. Let me first distinguish between a character in terms of stats and the character in terms of story. In terms of stats, Yuber is a monster-he is in the same class as Emily and Hugo when it comes to being a pure fighter. In terms of the storyline, he's a total wuss. In close to a dozen encounters with Yuber, you can win all of them except one, the rigged fight with Hugo in Chisha. He calls you maggot on many an occasion and talks about how much he'll enjoy killing you the rest of the time. That he fails in practically every attempt would turn him into a laughable villain if it wasn't so pathetic. It's as if you want to pat him on the head like a little kid to prevent him from getting up and getting his butt kicked again. Getting beat by Lilly then having her leer over him wasn't exactly the way to portray him as a "badass."

Special Abilities: Now THIS is what we're after. He can grin in a really charming, yet very-devilish way. He's no coward because he keeps coming back and ready to fight. In every strategy battle he's the first guy to charge right at you. He's also always in front unlike Luc and Sarah who have a bunch of monsters in front. Even without his sword he has supernatural powers of monsters summoning & the eightfold (or is it eight devil?) rune, which is, we hope, the only way he'll ever get someone to marry him. Also has great assassination and leadership abilities, as he summon and lead an entire monstrous army all by his lonesome (Remember S1 & S2?). Ah, corporate evil...the worst kind of evil.

Competition: None. Trust me on this. Even if he left a sweetheart behind in hell, she doesn't want him anymore. ...Oh, well, maybe Pesmerga with his favorite line 'Yuber is my nemesis', a big horde of screaming fan girls and curious fan boys.

In-Laws: Try Satan. You might consider Pesmerga, but why bother? Yuber always try to be as far away from him as possible.

Economics: Very good! Being evil has its perks, after all. I'm not sure where he gets his money (probably better not to ask), but wild speculation is that the money came from Windy, Luca Blight and Luc. The real question is, does he actually need money?

Sex: Do you really want to know? He'll either be very...disturbing in bed, or he'll ignore you completely. Pray that he ignores you. Think, girls, thiiiiink very hard, what he can do with a pair of King Crimson in bed.

Other: Well, he's evil, and evil people tend to get KILLED in messy ways, especially in pre-modern fiction. This could be very bad for the relationship, or it could be very good if you just want his money. Hopefully he won't bring you down with him, but we suspect that doing so would be exactly like him.

Overall: You're marrying him for his power or his looks, right? Maybe he conned you into it with his voice? Or you're a spy sent by the good guys and you plan to assassinate him in his sleep? Either that or you're plain crazy.