Super Mario Brothers: Peach-hime Kyuushutsu Daisakusen Fan Fiction ❯ Betrayal Saga I: Yoshi's Darkside ❯ A Look at Yoshi's Darkside: The Opening Essay ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Betrayal Saga I

Author's Note: For those of you who don't know me, I am the author of some Dragonball Z fanfiction. Baby Trouble seems to be one of my best works, but I plan to get better. On almost all of my stories, I ask for people to give me tips on improving, but alas, none have responded. Therefore, I'm going to do the same thing for this saga on Yoshi I am making. If at any time you read my fanfiction and think it could use improvements, review and tell me in an email. Please?

Disclaimer: I don't own Yoshi and the various Mario characters out there.

A Look at Yoshi's Darkside: The Opening Essay

A new look at a certain dinosaur might just turn the tables on Mario in the Mushroom Kingdom. In an essay, of course...first in the Betrayal Saga I.

By Queen Breeza

 

I'm aware that there are many stories and authors out there that make Yoshi seem like an annoying, stupid, egg-laying dinosaur, and he's not even considered to be worthy of a cool personality.

Well, that's alright. I'm here for that reason to write about the inner Yoshi, and how he REALLY is.

You see, I've played mostly Mario games such as Super Mario Brothers 1,2 and 3, Super Mario Brothers: The Lost Levels, Super Mario World 1 and 2, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (or whatever), Yoshi's Cookie, Super Nintendo's Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, Paper Mario, Mario Tenis, Mario Golf, Super Smash Brothers, and Mario and Luigi's Superstar Saga (or whatever...he he), and Yoshi, though not in all the games, seemed to be missing something. I noticed it first in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. I was playing a Blue or Purple Yoshi with that annoying (there's that word again) Baby Mario on it and suddenly I get hounded by an enemy. I get the baby back, but somehow it gets knocked off again and "mysteriously" drops off into a hole. Well, I didn't know how to get him back after that, so I just let the meter run to zero.

Nothing happened.

I guessed it was a game glitch because the red Mecha drones (or whatever...I'm getting used to these two words...) NEVER SHOW UP. That was pretty hard for me to believe since on any other occasion the drones would have gotten him in a heartbeat.

So, anyways, here I am with an apparently immortal Yoshi that never dies no matter what hits him, and I can't leave the area I'm in since the only way to get out is to go through a pipe. And since I don't have the baby, then I don't have any access to the other parts of the world. I thought about just dropping into a hole and letting Yoshi die, thus ending his immortality, but it wasn't his fault. Why should I have to end this poor, "innocent" creature's life, when it was Mario's fault for not throwing a fireball or something and obliterating the enemy behind Yoshi? My gosh! Yoshi can only do so much! If Mario wanted to stay on Yoshi's back, then why would he get into a floating bubble and float away, crying his eyes out?

This was quite a dilemma I was in. However, I looked at Yoshi and noticed something.

He was smiling.

The little egg-laying dinosaur was SMILING (wait, can I actually call him a guy then?) What would possess him to do that?? With the future of the Mario Brothers and Mushroom Kingdom at stake, Yoshi didn't seemed phased at all! Instead, he just did his little march he does when he's standing still, looked back a couple of times, and blinked. That's it! So I did the only thing I thought feasible: I restarted the game. I wasn't getting anywhere anyways. But ever since then, I began drawing dark and evil Yoshis.

So, maybe that's another reason why I'm here today--to make Yoshis evil, not just to tell about Yoshi's darkside.

I guess that wraps up my essay. Lata.

(Frieza from Dragonball Z walks in)

Frieza: So, that's it? That's your essay?! That's crap.

Shut up! I'm not in the mood.

Frieza: Anyways, what are you doing here? Mario fanfiction is just not for you! You need to be writing about ME, the all-power Lord Frieza!

Pffft! Please, I've seen better.

Frieza: Oh, really? And where have you seen better?

On a milk carton, loser.

Frieza: How dare you!!!!

How dare YOU, you FREAK! You're not supposed to be here anyways! This is Yoshi's time to shine, not yours! And since this is MY fanfiction, I can give him whatever powers I want him to have or whatever personality traits I want him to have. So there!

Frieza: (mockingly) So there! Ha! Where is that loser, anyways? What kind of name is that--Yoshi! What a wiener!

(Yoshi from Super Mario World 1 walks in)

Yoshi: (with a deeper voice than usual) Actually, it's a perfect name for a perfect dinosaur like me. What kind of name is "Frieza"? With your voice, no one can tell if you're a male or a female! Now that's a laugh!

Frieza: Shut up, you stupid--

Yoshi: You stupid what? Animal? Dinosaur? Lizard? Bah! Look in a mirror, bud! No one can even tell what YOU are! One guy even thinks you're a snake!

Is that what you are? A snake? Or maybe a turtle, cause you're too slow to know the difference!

(Frieza runs out of the room crying)

Frieza: You mean...thingy!

Yoshi: And there you go: Universe's Most Pathetic Warrior That Sounds Like a Girl.

Well, that was a bit harsh, you know.

Yoshi: I know. But that's the personality you gave me. Deal with it, heifer.

Ouch.