Super Mario Brothers: Peach-hime Kyuushutsu Daisakusen Fan Fiction ❯ Yoshi Chronicles: Lizard Hazard ❯ Temptation ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
PKMNTM: It's been over a year since I've written...dija miss me? Well, you better have because I won't write anymore if you didn't! Anyway, enough chatter. Here's chapter three!

----------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------

Yoshi Chronicles: Lizard Hazard

Chapter Three: Temptation

'Fifteen minutes of walking, and nothing has happened. I have little time to dawdle, but I do wish something would come along to relieve me of this boredom'...As I think to myself, something appears over the horizon. As I pick up the pace to move closer, it becomes more visible. It's big, gray, and...burning? Oh....Bowser's Castle. That was shorter than I thought.

I enter through the front gates apprehensively, not really sure what to expect. I mean, it's Bowser. I'm surprised I didn't fall through a trap door as soon as I entered. Then again, he is my uncle...he wouldn't do that to me, would he? Not counting the times I was with Mario, and the time I went through a world of Happy Trees and patched backgrounds, he hasn't touched me. My family at home on the island, maybe, but not me. I wonder what he has in store for me...

"I trust you are here to see King Bowser?" came the old, withered voice of Kammy Koopa as she flew down to greet me. "If you are...follow me. You don't want to get lost, now do you?" She turned and flew down the hallway, slowly, so that I may follow. I did so without hesitation.

As she floated above me, she muttered mindlessly to herself. I managed to catch a little of what she was saying; rude things about Bowser, and how she wasn't being paid enough to work for him. I chuckled, making sure I was silent enough to not be heard. She stopped abruptly and I ran into her broom's strawed end. I backed up a little, spitting straw out of my mouth, and proceeded to say something, stopping when Kammy spoke.

"Here is the King's Quarters...I'll leave you to be dealt with, then. Goodbye." And with that, she flew away, shortly followed by Kamek who seemed to come from nowhere. I shook my head and entered the room.

The lighting was dim; the room was lit by nothing but torches in each of the corners. The room was hexagonal in shape, there was a dresser in the eastern corner, a wardrobe next to a desk with a book on it in the western corner, a giant-screen television in the northern corner, and a huge, round bed in the middle.

The room itself was composed of the same gray bricks the the castle was made of, giving it the look of a dungeon. You would imagine it smelled of brimstone, but it the room was actually filled with a pleasant, almost enticing aroma, one of cinnamon. And it made me feel awkward.

"Welcome..." came a deep voice from the middle of the room, causing me to jump. I looked to the bed, seeing nothing but a silhouette. There was a clapping noise, and a light on the ceiling burst into luminescence. I could see him now, laying on his bed sideways, one claw lazily draped along his side and head laying on the other. Something wasn't right.

"What is it you want me for, Bowser?" I asked sternly, my voice wavering when he smirked. He sat up, getting off the bed and sauntering over to me. He touched a clawed finger to my chin, lifting it up to make my eyes meet his. I shivered a little, afraid of what he was thinking, afraid of what he might do. I repeated my question with a quieter voice, "What is it you want me for?"

He chuckled, removing his finger and letting my head droop down to his big, clawed feet, "What is it I always want, Yoshi? Really, you can't be that dense." He turned and walked to his bed, sitting down and patting the area next to it: an indication for me to join him. What did he want from me?

I trotted over and sat down, setting my staff against the bed. I looked up at him to find him staring right at me. "I can't help you take over the kingdom or kidnap Peach, if that's what you want." I said simply. Because I couldn't. It'd be betrayal.

"No. That's not what I want at all," he said, his eyes half-lidded as he turned away and sighed. "That's never what I want. It is just a simple distraction for those stupid plumbers so that Kammy can swoop in and--" he paused, tensing a bit before relaxing, "I've said too much." He turned back to me and stared again, with those half-lidded, red eyes...they hypnotized me. I grew dizzy, and fell over, groggy.

He laughed silently, putting a hand on my head, and rubbing it a little, soothing me. I had no idea what was going on, and it scared me a bit. Actually, it scared me a lot. Everything was clouding my senses: the cinnamon aroma, the soft bed, the firm yet gentle hand on my head, everything. There was a low rumble eminating from beside me, and I lifted my head as high as I could--about 3 centimeters--to see Bowser staring at me again, his eyes still hooded. Was it my imagination, or was he...purring? Something about this was freaking me out.

"Just relax..." he said, shocking me out of my stupor enough to sit up. He withdrew his claw, his face turning into that of a smug one. He was really confusing me with all of this. I don't exactly know what to do, and it frustrated me.

"Why have you summoned me?" I said, my own voice sounding distant to me. Whatever he's doing, it's working, really well. I fell forward, and he caught me with one claw. He stroked my back, relaxing me further. I laid my head in his lap and sighed happily, my mind completely fogged. His orange scales were comfortable and soft.

"Yes, that's right..." Bowser said quietly, his voice sounding distant as well. As my eyelids drooped even lower, I soon saw what he had called me here for...

----------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------

PKMNTM: Ooh! Cliffhanger! Any guesses? Hm? Huh? I got relaxed just writing this chapter...actually, I think I might want to sleep. Good night, all!