Super Smash Brothers Fan Fiction ❯ Melee Interviews ❯ Ice Climbers ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
After everyone got over the "Metal Mario" incident, the Hands were ready for the next batch of interviews.

"Send them in," said Crazy Hand.

"That's my line," said Master Hand. "And what's this about 'them'?"

"You'll see."

Two kids walked in, a boy wearing a blue parka and a girl in a pink one.

"What nonsense is this?" Master Hand said. "One interview at a time! One of you will have to go back outside and wait."

"They can't," said Crazy Hand. "They're planning to compete together."

"As in both of them against a single opponent? That's completely unfair. They're both out!"

"Please, at least give them a chance before turning them away."

"So I see we're on that slippery slope already. Dammit, I knew I should've rejected Ganondorf!" Master Hand turned back to the two kids. "Oh well, you may as well introduce yourselves and do a demonstration while I decide."

"Thank you," said the boy. "Oh, and I'm Popo."

"And I'm Nana," said the girl.

"From Ice Climber?" said Master Hand. "Well, get to it."

Master Hand soon realized why Popo and Nana came in together; most of their worthwhile moves required both of them to properly execute. Then, suddenly, Popo thew Nana into the air. She, in turn, pulled him up with her using a rope they were both holding. They landed moments later.

"Am I to assume that was your third jump?" asked Crazy Hand.

"Yeah, pretty much," said Popo.

"And before anyone says it," said Nana, "yes, we know it means if one of us is taken out. We've looked out for each other before there even was a Super Smash Bros."

"Yeah, yeah," said Crazy Hand, "let's get to the cool part. The reason I kept you from being thrown out. Okay, bring them out!"

"Hold on," said Master Hand, "what's this?"

A bunch of seals were released into the room. Popo and Nana nodded at each other, then began using hammers to attack the seals.

"What the hell is this?!" said Master Hand.

"Those are called Topis," said Crazy Hand. "Popo and Nana are just showing off what they do in their game."

"Stop this brutality at once! Stop it!" A moment passed. "I SAID STOP IT!"

Nana ceased the attack, followed a moment later by Popo. A group of Wire Frames then herded the seals out of the room.

Master Hand needed nearly a minute to calm down. "Y'know, I had my doubts," he said, "but I'm letting you in. Just one thing, though: there will be no seals in Melee. Got it?"

Popo and Nana nodded. They were then taken to their room by a Wire Frame.

"Well, they may not exactly follow the rules," said Master Hand, "but I'm starting to think that's not such a bad thing. Oh, and by the way..."

"Yeah?" said Crazy Hand.

"Don't pull a stunt like that here again."

"Oh, come on, I just-"

"Ever!"

"Sure, fine."