Super Smash Brothers Fan Fiction ❯ Melee Interviews ❯ Interlude - item demonstrations ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
All the veteran Smashers gathered in the Main Hall, along with all the newly-approved newcomers.

"Welcome!" said Master Hand. "And to all returning competitors, welcome back! Interviews haven't concluded yet, so there may be others joining us in the near future. But for now, I'd like to demonstrate some of the items you'll be able to use."

Mario, Link and Kirby came up to help out with the demonstrations.

"Okay, first Link will show us the Motion-Sensor Bomb."

Link picked up the item and threw it on the floor.

"Notice how stable it seems at the moment," Master Hand said. "How harmless it appears. But when someone gets too close..."

A Wire Frame walked onto it, only to be blown halfway across across the room.

"Wasn't that awesome? Okay, Kirby, demonstrate the next item!"

Kirby did as he was told, and suddenly he seemed to disappear.

"Despite what you might be seeing right now, Kirby is still here! And better yet, while in this state you're protected from taking damage from attacks!"

The effects wore off, and Kirby was once again visible.

"Now, you'll see the newly redesigned Beam Sword. We made some changes to it for greater ease of use, and to cut down on its production costs. That, and the original design was too similar to the lightsabers from Star Wars. Seriously, Lucas himself came here to bitch me out about it. Okay, Mario, your turn!"

Mario took the beam sword and attack a group of Wire Frames. Within minutes he'd beaten them all.

"Well, so much for the pen being mightier." Master Hand laughed at his own joke. "Now, Kirby is going to show us what these mushrooms can do."

Kirby used the first Mushroom, and he doubled in size. After a few moments, he returned to normal. Using the second mushroom caused him to shrink, and again he was soon back to his normal size.

"Okay, to demonstate this next item, Link is about to do something potentially dangerous. Think twice before doing this."

The Wire Frames came at Link, and he just stood there and took a beating. He was just glad Zelda wasn't here to see this. Once this was over, Master Hand presented a heart-shaped item.

"Now, for the item demonstration," Master Hand said.

Link touched the heart item and within moments all his damage was healed.

"Very useful. Yes? No? Well, Mario will show off the last item we have ready. This originated from one of his own games, and some of you may be familiar with it."

"This better not be what I think it is," said Kirby

Mario walked over to a green box and touched it. He then took on an all too familiar form.

"Oh no!" said Yoshi. "It's Metal Mario!"

All the veterans ran from the Main Hall screaming.

"This concludes the item demonstrations, at least for today," said Master Hand. "Now I have to get back to the interviews."