Super Smash Brothers Fan Fiction ❯ Why Are We Here? ❯ Why Are We Here? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Hey.”

“Yeah?”

Green eyes met blue.

“Do you ever wonder why we’re here?”

“Who doesn’t? I mean, why are we here? Did all humanity really come from a single cell that was floating somewhere in the universe? Or, is there really a God, y’know, watching over us? Hell, I don’t know... but it keeps me up at night.”

“...”

“...”

“...” Blink. “What? I meant why are we here, in this canyon?”

“Oh... uh, yeah.”

“What was all that stuff about God?”

Falco picked at his gun, “Hm? Oh, nothing.”

Fox looked away for an instant, then back at him, “Wanna talk about it?”

“No. “

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah.”

“But seriously, why are we here? We’re stationed in the middle of fucking nowhere, just in a canyon with no way in or out.”

“Uh-huh.”

“And as far as I know, the only reason why we set up a red base here, is because they have a blue base over there,” he pointed at the other side of the mentioned canyon with the tip of his rifle, “And the only reason why they have a blue base there, is because we set up a red base here.” He pointed at the ground.

“Uh-huh.”

“And even if we were to pick up and leave today, that means that the blues would have two bases in the middle of a box canyon, whoop-de-fuckin’-doo.”

“Yeah. It’s all such a waste of time, I mean, I signed up with the army to fight a bunch of aliens. Next thing I know, some random guy destroys everything, and I’m here, fighting a bunch of blue guys.”

-

“What are they doing now?”

Ike lifted his head up from his scope, “What?”

“I said, what are they doing now?”

“Goddamn, I’m getting so sick of that question!”

“Look, it’s not my fault I never get the damn sniper rifle. I can’t see anything, and I’m not about to stand here playing with rocks all day!”

“Look. They’re just standing there and talking, alright? All they ever do is stand there and talk. That’s what they were doing a week ago, that’s what they were doing five minutes ago when you asked me, so five minutes from now, when you ask me “What are they doing?” my answer is gonna be, ”They’re still just talking, and they’re still just standing there!”.”

Pit stared down at the reds from their high-ground hiding spot, who looked like they were doing exactly what Ike told him they were doing. A moment later, he turned to Ike again, “What are they talking about?”

“...you know what? I hate you.”

-

“Seriously, we should just go look for new and intelligent forms of life. Y’know, fight them.”

“Hell yeah, that’s why we should be in charge.”

A new voice pulled them out of their conversation. “Ladies! Front and center!”

Fox looked down at Snake. “Oh, fuck me.”

“Yes sir!”