Super Smash Brothers Fan Fiction ❯ Why Are We Here? ❯ The Rookies ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Oh come on, sergeant isn’t here.”

“I said no, Falco. We could get in serious trouble.”

Falco moved closer to Fox, poking him in the ribs with the barrel of his rifle, “Come on! It’ll be fuuun.”

“Hey!” Fox jerked back, leaving the gun nothing to poke at, “Watch were you point that thing, it’s loaded!”

Falco rolled his eyes, “No it’s not... I filled it with peppermint sticks.”

“What? When did you do that?”

“I think it was after six weeks without using it.”

“Oh right... Hey how long has it been since we had a gun fight anyway?”

“Who cares? Important thing is I’m still alive and well... except I’m stuck in this damn place... and it’s fuckin’ burning out here... you know what? Scratch that ‘well’ part.”

“Yeah, I’ll get right on that.”

“...”

“...”

Fox remained tense, wondering if Falco would keep on pestering him, but after a few minutes of nothing but noises in the distance he decided to relax.

A comfortable silence reigned; Fox took a deep breath, exhaling the fresh air.

Falco sighed.

It was moments like these where the maroon solider could finally appreciate the natural beauty the alien planet always radiated, moments like these where he could appreciate the warm glowing sun that...ah hell, who was he kidding?

Grumble.

He’d hate this place as long as he lived.

Scruffle.

Damn sun was too damn hot—

Mutter.

--No matter how hard he tried—

Tug.

--he could never seem to—

Fidget.

--like this place—

Twitch.

--always--

Murmur.

--hated it—

Squirm.

--never--

SIGH!

--goddamn it!!

“Will you stop that?!” Fox shouted.

“Come on! Snake won’t find out, I promise!”

Fox sighed angrily, “This again?”

“Yes, this again!”

“Why do you need me anyway?” the maroon private demanded.

“I told you, it’s not any fun doing it by yourself. Please, I’m begging here!!” he said desperately.

Fox rubbed his temple with his free hand, looking tired. “You won’t leave me alone until I agree, will you?”

“Of course not!”

“But if I do agree and Snake finds out, I’ll kill you, slowly and painfully, understand?”

“Yeah, yeah, just hurry up and agree already.” Falco looked ready to burst.

“Not so fast.”

“HRGH. What now?”

“I want half of your peppermint sticks.”

“Fine!”

“And a back massage.”

“Ok.”

“And—“

“Alright! You can tell me what you want later, let’s go already!”

Fox smirked. “Ok.”

“YES! Score! We’re takin’ the jeep for a joyride!” Falco jumped up (‘warthog’ Fox corrected).

“Uh, excuse me, sirs?”

“Sirs?” Fox turned, blinking at the sight of a blue haired man.

“Fuck! What now?!”

“Is this Blood Gulch Outpost Number One? I was told you needed help.”

“We’re busy right now, come back later!”

“But—“

“Falco!” Fox whispered, “We can’t just leave him here!”

“Hm.” Falco’s eyes travelled up and down the new member; a young good-looking man, blue hair, blue eyes, very girly, and a red outfit with a cape. A sudden idea struck him. “What’s your name, soldier?”

“Private Marth reporting for duty, sir.”

“You’re wearing red.”

Marth blinked, “Is this not the red base?”

“No it isn’t.”

Fox looked at him in shock. “Falco! What are you doing?!” he hissed. Falco slapped a wing over his mouth.

“Y’see, there are two bases in this canyon, red base is over there.” He pointed in the direction of the blue base with his rifle.

Marth blinked again, looking at both their outfits. “But he’s wearing a darker shade of red, and your wearing orange.”

“Which doesn’t make us red. Over here, it’s not Red versus Blue, it’s Red versus the Other Guys.”

“Oh.”

“And since you didn’t know that, we’re being nice enough to let you go, but never again, got it?”

“Umm, sure.” Marth stood there for a moment, before turning and running toward a ramp.

“Other way.”

Marth turned the opposite direction. “I knew that, just got turned around, that’s all.”

Fox wrenched Falco’s wing from his mouth, and they watched the new recruit run away.

“...”

“...”

“I think you sent him to his very death.”

“Ah who cares, if he dies we’ll just get Snake to send for a different one. Maybe one not as stupid.”

Fox rubbed his temple again, “I bet the blues don’t have to put up with this kind of crap.”

-

“So finally, I glued them together and saved the day. My mom was so proud; she couldn’t believe what I did with a beer bottle, liquorice, Velcro strip and banana peel. Some people say it’s just garbage, but I still think it’s very pretty.” A dirty blonde man blabbed on.

“Hey rookie, be quiet man, you’re ruining the moment.” Pit said.

“Oh. Ok. Sorry.”

“I can’t believe it’s finally here.” Ike whispered in awe, staring at their newly arrived tank.

-

“Do you think we were too mean to the kid?” Fox asked as he got into the passenger side of the warthog.

“It’s his own fault he can't pick up lies.” Falco replied, turning the ignition on, he looked at Fox, “I still think you should have brought the explosives.”

“Joy-riding is one thing, explosives is another.”

“Whatever. Besides, I’d say it’d take him at least a week to find the base.”

“20 dollars says it’d take him two.”

“You’re on.”

-

Marth exited through another way into cave he’d found and got lost in, finding himself in a different area. “Finally.” He sighed, looking at the base . “There it is. Oh sweet, we got a tank!” he said as he started running towards it.