Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Samuel Michaels ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Supernatural.
For a while there the votes on whether or not the boys would get together were exactly evenly split but now one has a definite lead. Thanks to everyone has reviewed and voted. The poll will remain open for the next few chapters so if you haven't voted please do so?
 
Chapter 2
 
Sam watched Dean as he slept even though he wasn't worried about him being infected anymore. Human's were fascinating when they slept, no two doing so in the exact same way. Dean slept on his stomach, one hand under the pillow and the blankets pulled up to his shoulders. Sam smiled as Dean snuggled deeper into the mattress, obviously enjoying the nicer bed that the ones he usually used. Dean looked younger when he was asleep, more innocent thought that wasn't really surprising. Dean was the tough, untrusting hunter when awake; it was like he couldn't relax unless asleep. Sam slept, though far less frequently than a human would but he also knew he didn't breathe or move in his sleep so as long as Dean was around he would simply pretend. It wouldn't do for the hunter to wake up and for him to still be asleep.
 
As the sun began to rise Sam got up, left a note and then left the room. According the note he was simply retrieving his car from the bar and Dean should go ahead and order room service if he's hungry but that was not all he was doing. He planned to stay with Dean and that meant he needed to feed when he could. He didn't need blood as frequently as those inferior creatures they had killed the night before but he did still need it. Getting it is easy as he flirts with a young woman staggering out of a rundown bar. In seconds they're in the alley and he gently pierces the skin with his fangs, careful to not take enough to hurt her.
 
----------------------------
Dean slowly opened his eyes, blinking in the sunlight and very confused as to where he was. Sitting up didn't help matters either; the room he was in was far too fancy to be his. Plus he was unarmed and dressed only in his boxers. He went to move his arm and winced in pain. Looking down he saw the bandages wrapped around it and memory flooded back. He looked wildly around the room but he was alone, although the couch had a pillow and blanket on it as if someone had slept there.
 
“Sam?” Dean called as he slowly moved off the bed but there was no answer. He was beginning to worry when he noticed the page of hotel stationery on the bedside table.
 
`Dean,
Went to get my car. Feel free to order room service for breakfast. Will be back soon.
Sam'
 
Dean relaxed as he read the note and grinned as his stomach growled as if it had understood the note.
 
Dean was half way through his stack of pancakes when the door opened and Sam walked in. The younger hunter took a look at the food and grinned at Dean.
 
“Guess that just proves beyond a doubt that you weren't infected.” He commented as he slipped out of his jacket and joined Dean at the small table.
 
“Got enough for you too.” Dean told him and Sam nodded, picking what he wanted from the dishes.
“Get your car back?”
 
“And surprisingly it was still in one piece.” Sam told him as he dug into his own pancakes.
“So how are you feeling? Should probably check your arm.”
 
“I'm good. Didn't want to get out of that bed though.” Dean grinned and Sam laughed, flashing dimples and Dean felt his breath catch. Was it really possible? Or was he seeing what he wanted to see?
 
“Guess you're just not used to a bed that isn't centuries past it's throw out date.” Sam teased and Dean found himself relaxing, something that never happened. Sure he could let his guard down around his Dad, knowing the older Winchester would watch his back but he didn't know Sam and the kid had admitted he had only been hunting a few years. So why did he feel so safe with him?
“So, what do you do now? Rest or do you have another hunt lined up?”
 
“Not yet. My Dad will probably send me co-ordinates.”
 
“Really? Guess that saves you having to find them. I think I've nearly gone blind a few times from staring at my laptop.” Dean chuckled slightly at that. He guessed that having his Dad do that was a help and he did hate research.
 
“You any good at it?” Sam tilted his head in a silent request for him to expand on his question.
“You know, researching hunts and stuff.”
 
“I guess. I've always been good at study.” Sam answered and Dean thought it over. What could it hurt? And it would be nice to not always be alone.
 
“Would you like to team up? We seemed to work well together last night and it's always better to have someone to watch your back.” Dean shrugged awkwardly but Sam stared at him in shock.
 
“You're serious?” Dean nodded and Sam grinned.
“That would be great.”
 
“It's settled then.”
 
---------------------------------------
Sam was still smiling as he took the cash from the man he'd just sold his car to. He couldn't believe how quickly Dean had asked him to join him. He'd thought he'd have to arrange to `accidentally' run into him a few more times before the hunter even considered it and yet they were now a team. He shook his head over his own behaviour; he was acting like a kid! But he was getting to openly spend time with Dean, something he had wanted to do since Dean was a child. Sam had always clung to humanity in a way most of his kind didn't but he believed that was why he was still alive, well around.
 
To his knowledge he was the last and that saddened him but he honestly hadn't liked most of the others. Except Nickolas, he'd always been fun to be around and it had been horrible to hear of his death nearly two hundred years ago. Sam had withdrawn from society for a while after that and had re-emerged to find the others gone. He didn't even know what had happened to them, it wasn't like they were easy to kill.
 
Having a companion again thrilled him, even if Dean didn't know who or what Sam truly was it didn't matter. He just hoped that if...when Dean learned the truth he didn't try to kill him. That would hurt though he supposed he wouldn't be able to blame Dean, after all as far as the mortal knew anything different was evil. He would just have to do whatever it took to prove him wrong.
 
TBC....
Short I know but that just seemed a good point to stop on.