Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Samuel Michaels ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
Thanks to those who voted. To those reading this at ffnet please vote in the poll for Fey Child.
 
Chapter 6
 
Samuel stared at Dean's unconscious form in horror for several seconds before he was able to force himself to move. He gently laid Dean back against the pillows after sealing the wound and then examined him closely. He growled as he realised exactly how much blood he'd taken and Dean's earlier words came back to haunt him, they were too far from a hospital or blood bank. Dean needed blood quickly but there was none available...Sam licked the remaining blood from his lips and then raised his wrist to his mouth. He bit quickly, ignoring the pain and then placed the bleeding limb against Dean's lips. He forced the blood into Dean's mouth and then massaged his throat to make him swallow. He didn't know if it would work but he didn't really have any other choice. He kept going until the wound had healed and then gathered Dean up and left the room. After securing Dean in the Impala he took off for the nearest hospital, praying his blood would keep Dean alive long enough for them to get there.
 
-----------------------
Dean fought to open too heavy eyelids and then shut them as he was blinded by the white ceiling of what had to be a hospital. He could feel the IV in his arm and the oxygen being blown up his nose. But what had happened? He tried to move only to have his head swim and he groaned out load. Familiar hands were on him in a second, smoothing his pillow and making sure he was alright.
 
“S'm.” He tried to talk but his tongue felt three times too big and his throat was parched.
 
“Shh. Don't try to talk Dean. Here, I've got some ice chips for you, should help your throat.” Dean felt Sam gently prop him up a bit before blessed relief slid into his mouth. He greedily swallowed the moisture the chips produced as they melted and sighed as the pain dulled.
 
“Happen'd?” He croaked out, finally managing to open his eyes fully. He blinked, Sam looked like hell. He'd never seen the vampire look so bad and so...sad?
 
“I'm sorry Dean. I don't know how much you remember. After the asylum, I lost too much blood and was hungry but I couldn't even walk on my own. So you offered but...I haven't felt such hunger in centuries. When I snapped out of it you had passed out. I think I broke every road law there is to get you here. They gave you two transfusions four days ago. You've been unconscious since. Oh and your id says Dean Michaels, thought it was safer to use since I didn't know what you're insurance is like.” Sam explained without once making eye contact. Dean forced his hand to move and weakly clasped Sam's wrist, finally making him look up.
 
“You `kay?” He asked and Sam laughed.
 
“I nearly killed you and you're asking me if I'm okay?” Sam half choked on that and Dean tried to pull him closer but Sam resisted.
“I just stayed to make sure you're okay. Insurance is good to cover your care until you're released and there's a credit card in that name that's good for half a million. I'll let the doctor know you're awake and then leave. All your things are in the Impala.” Sam told him and turned to leave, gently removing Dean's hand from around his wrist.
 
“No!” The hoarse shout had Dean coughing, gasping for air and Sam pulled him up to make it easier for him before handing him the ice chips.
“You can't leave.” Dean demanded once he had his voice back.
 
“Dean.”
 
“No. It wasn't your fault Sam.” Dean paused to suck on some more ice and think his argument through, not an easy thing with the medications in his system.
“I trust you Sam, more than anyone outside my Dad and I hardly ever see him. What I said at the asylum, it wasn't me. Ellicott was putting those words in my mouth and making me say them. You were hurt and starving, I don't blame you for taking so much. I trusted you to stop and you did. You leave and I will hunt your ass down and drag you back, got it?” am stared at him in shock for a while before slowly nodding.
“Good. Now how long till I can get out of here?” That at least got a faint smile.
 
--------------------------------
Dean felt like growling in frustration. He'd been out of hospital for nearly a week and Sam was still treating him like he was made of glass. It was enough to drive anyone insane and Dean was this close to snapping. And there was something odd going on too, he hadn't noticed it at first because he'd been so groggy but once he had started feeling better he'd noticed that he knew where Sam was all the time and it was beginning to freak him out a little. Like right at that instant? Sam was in reception turning their keys in since they were leaving town.
 
“Ready to go?” Sam asked as he entered the room but Dean stayed sitting.
 
“We need to talk.” Sam nodded and sat opposite him.
“Did anything else happen when you know?”
 
“Why?” Samuel shifted slightly.
 
“Because ever since then I know exactly where you are all the time and it's driving me nuts!” Sam stared at Dean in shock and Dean groaned in frustration.
 
“You can sense me?”
 
“If you want to call it that. So?”
 
“I...you'd lost a lot of blood Dean and like you told me, there weren't any handy hospitals or blood banks nearby.” Sam admitted softly.
 
“So how'd I survive?”
 
“My blood.” Dean froze at the answer.
 
“What?”
 
“It was a rumour I heard years ago, that our blood could be used to help humans heal. So I took a chance. I didn't know what else to do Dean! You were dying because you trusted me so I fed you my blood.”
 
“You fed me blood, as in...I drank it?” Dean felt ill as Sam nodded.
 
“I swear I didn't know it could do this. And blood contact won't turn you so I thought it was safe.” Dean stared at Sam and knew he was telling the truth. He'd drunk Sam's blood? That was a gross thought despite the fact that he'd let Sam do that to him. For Sam it was natural, but blood was not part of Dean's diet!
 
“Well...I guess this evens things out on hunts. You can always, smell, hear me and now io can sense you.” Dean shrugged.
 
“So you're not mad?” Sam asked nervously and Dean shook his head.
 
“Sure the thought of drinking blood's a bit gross but it's not like I was awake at the time and you did save my life. Just try not to do it again?” Sam smiled and nodded.
 
-----------------------------
“I need to hunt.” Dean pushed the newspaper article he'd been reading aside and nodded but didn't go to get up making Sam look at him in confusion.
 
“Like I've been trying to cram into that shaggy head of yours, I trust you. I don't need to go with you, I know you won't hurt anyone. If you want my company though I`ll go, but I don't need to watch you hunt.” Dean explained and grinned at the emergence of a small smile Sam couldn't quite hide.
 
“Thanks. There's a bar nearby with a pretty good pool table...” Sam trailed off and Dean grabbed his jacket.
 
“Sounds good, I could do with some cash.” Dean let Sam lead the way, happy that Sam seemed to finally be getting the fact that Dean trusted him.
 
TBC...