Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Samuel Michaels ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own them.
 
Chapter 11
 
“So...you and Sam.” John commented and Dean looked over at him.
“I'm not blind Dean. If he makes you happy then that's fine with me.” Dean stared at his Dad in surprise and then smiled slightly.
 
“Yeah Dad, I'm happy. Sam's great. It was kind of weird at first, I mean some of Sam's past it made me thing, well hope...”
 
“That he was our Sammy?” John asked quietly and Dean nodded.
 
“But he's not. His blood type's not right and he was born in California two months before Sammy.” Dean lied, though Sam's current id did say California for place of birth.
 
“So it's serious between you?”
 
“Are we really doing the chick flick thing Dad?” Dean asked and John chuckled.
 
“I just want to make sure everything's okay with you Dean.” John admitted and Dean sighed.
 
“Yeah, it's serious. Bet you never thought you'd hear me admit that huh? Sam is...he's special Dad. And hey, don't have to try and explain hunting to him.” They chuckled at that.
 
“True. Are you worried about the demon finding out about Sam?” John asked and Dean shrugged.
 
“Sam knows what he's doing Dad. He's been hunting for a few years ago and his first was a demon. We're taking precautions.” Dean admitted and John nodded.
“You're getting close to it, aren't you?”
 
“Yeah. I don't want you involved Dean. You have the chance for a life with Sam, away from hunting if you want.”
 
“Dad...no. If you're going after that thing then I'm going too. I deserve the chance for revenge too.” Dean insisted angrily, fighting down the urge for his fans to lengthen. He clamped his mouth shut and swallowed until the urge went away.
 
“What you deserve is a long happy life and I'm sorry for making that so hard for you. I...I know I haven't always been the best father...”
 
“No! You don't get to do this Dad. You are not saying sorry, I love you, goodbye to me.” Dean yelled, fighting to keep his vampiric nature under control. He felt Sam enter the park, walking their way quickly in case he had to intervene and Dean was grateful for that. He'd never forgive himself if he hurt his Dad.
 
“Dean don't do this son. I'm ordering you to stay out of this.”
 
“Screw your orders! You're my father not my drill sergeant!” Dean yelled back and Sam came up behind him, laying a hand on his shoulder.
 
“What's wrong?” Sam asked, despite the fact he'd heard the whole argument.
 
“I want you both away from the fight with the demon that took Dean's mother and brother.” John admitted gruffly and Sam nodded.
 
“So basically you plan to commit suicide.” He responded evenly and John glared at him.
“Look sir, I may not have been a hunter as long as you but I do know going after a demon like that alone is nuts. You need backup and we're the logical choice, it's either that or we stalk you.” Sam stated and Dean had to fight a snicker. Yeah, they'd follow him across the globe if needed; they both had John's scent and would never forget it.
 
-----------------------------------
“I told you it would be fine.” Sam murmured as he held Dean close.
 
“Other than Dad planning on a suicide mission you mean.” Dean responded angrily.
 
“We won't let him Dean, I promise. We can start following him now if you want. You've proven your control and what's left to learn can be taught on the road.” Sam offered softly and Dean thought about.
 
“Does it sound bad if I say I never want to leave here?” Dean asked and Sam laughed, nuzzling Dean's throat.
 
“Not all but we can't stay here forever.”
 
“Pity. Okay, let's follow Dad.” Dean said and Sam nodded before beginning to kiss and nip at Dean's throat. Dean grinned; following Dad could wait till morning. He relaxed and let Sam gently show him how much he was loved, returning the affectionate touches and kisses whenever he could. Letting Sam take control felt right to Dean, though he'd never done it before with a partner. Then again Sam was the first man he'd been with. It was nice to be taken care of instead of having to be the one doing the care taking. It felt completely natural to let his fangs lengthen and when Sam smiled he saw Sam's were already extended, it made kissing interesting. When Sam moved lower Dean automatically spread his legs so that Sam could settle between them. They hadn't gone all the way yet, Sam was moving very slowly for his sake and it was something Dean really appreciated. There had been so many changes in the last few months that slow was what he needed.
 
-----------------------------------
Dean snarled as he saw his Dad surrounded by vampires. He didn't know what was so important about the gun his Dad had been going for but he couldn't sit back and watch his Dad be killed, or worse. A quick look at Sam showed his partner was in complete agreement. They unsheathed their machetes and then they were moving.
 
John stared in shock as Dean and Sam suddenly appeared at the back of the room, hacking their way through the nest towards him. Shaking off his shock he lunged for his dropped machete and snatched it up, getting to work fighting his way to the boys. For now the Colt would have to wait, there were simply too many vampires between him and it. They met in the middle of the room and went back-to-back, fighting their way back to the doors. Once outside they ran, the two younger men making sure John was between them much to his annoyance.
 
“What the hell are you two doing here?” John snarled.
 
“Save your air for running Dad.” Dean answered angrily, grabbing his arm and began pulling John along. They finally reached his truck and the Impala. He jumped into the truck, the boys scrambling into Dean's car and then they were off. As soon as they were back at his motel he got out and stormed over to the Impala, wrenching the driver's side door open to glare at his son.
 
“Now answer my question!” He demanded and Dean sighed before getting out of the car.
 
“We were hunting Dad, that is what we do. Not like we knew you were going after the same nest until we saw your truck.” Dean argued and John turned away.
 
“Fine. Head out, I've got this.” He ordered and then nearly jumped when Dean growled.
 
“No Dad. We are not leaving you here to deal with that nest alone.” Dean answered and Sam nodded. John sighed but nodded angrily and headed into his room while Sam went to get them one.
 
-------------------------------
John watched the boys settle in and then turned to head for the shower only to freeze as a figure emerged from the darkened room.
 
“Hello John.”
 
TBC...