Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Samuel Michaels ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
 
Chapter 10
 
Sam inhaled and swore soft enough that a human wouldn't hear. But Dean was no longer human.
 
“Sam?” He questioned just as softly.
 
“Your Dad's here.” Sam answered and then watched Dean pale drastically.
 
“Let's go. He can't have seen us yet.” Dean grabbed his keys out of his pocket and turned back to the bar door.
 
“Too late.” Sam groaned, nodding toward the Hunter who was headed their way.
 
“Sam...He'll know.” Dean whispered fearfully. There were few things Dean feared; his father's displeasure was the main one. And learning his son was no longer human? Dean held no illusions that John would accept what he'd become.
 
“Just stay calm Dean. You don't look any different, just don't act like something's wrong.” That was all Sam had time to say as John stopped and smiled at them.
 
“Hey Dean.” John greeted, extending his hand to his son. Dean took a deep breath, instantly memorising his Dad's scent, and then took his hand, glad that he was well fed so his temperature would appear normal.
“It's good to see you both boys.”
 
“Good to see you too Dad. How'd you know where we were?” Dean asked, fighting to keep his voice even.
 
“Didn't. Saw you when you came in. I'm on my way to a hunt, pulled into the motel for the night. Didn't see the Impala.” John answered as they sat at a table.
 
“We're squatting in an old manor not too far from here sir.” Sam explained and John nodded.
 
“So how's the training going?”
 
“Pretty good, Sam's not bad for a rich kid.” Dean teased and Sam swatted him playfully. John relaxed as he watched them play, glad that Dean had found Sam in Boston.
 
“You're not bad yourself for a street brawler.” Sam shot back and John chuckled.
 
“Looks like the holiday's done you boys good. Any idea when you're heading back out?” Sam and Dean exchanged a look, communicating without words and John had to hide a smile, his son had it bad and from the look of things Sam felt the same. He didn't know what had happened between Dean and Cassie but he had the feeling it wouldn't happen this time.
 
“In the next few months I guess.” Dean finally answered.
 
“Good to hear.”
 
“How have you been Dad, I've hardly heard from you.” Dean asked and John winced internally.
 
“I'm getting close Dean; I didn't want it tracking you through me.” John whispered and both younger men tensed. So Dean had told Sam of the family demon? Made sense to warn him when they travelled together.
 
“Dad...” Dean stared at him, fear and pride in his eyes.
“Promise you'll be careful and call me when you do find it? Don't face it alone.” Dean all but begged and John nodded even though he had no intention of calling Dean. That monster had already taken his wife and youngest son; he would not let it get Dean. He noticed Sam's eyes narrow slightly and nearly smirked, so the kid had good instincts. But Sam didn't say anything and soon the food and drinks arrived.
 
---------------------------------
“Told you it would be fine.” Sam smiled as Dean shot him a glare.
 
“Yeah for one night but what happens tomorrow?” Dean growled and Sam sighed, standing up to face the younger vampire.
 
“You stay calm and in control.” He told Dean firmly, manoeuvring the younger man back towards the bed. Dean sat with a thump and stared up at him. Sam sighed sadly at the fear showing in green eyes.
“Dean you'll be fine. John doesn't suspect anything. Just relax and get some sleep, okay? You haven't slept all week.” He tried to sooth, reaching out to run his fingers through the short blonde locks. The movement had its intended affect and soon Dean had relaxed to lean against him. It probably wasn't fair to use his Sire's influence like that on Dean but the more agitated he was the more likely it was he'd slip up. He chuckled softly as Dean began to purr softly, nuzzling into his touch. He nudged Dean back and crawled onto the bed beside him, pulling Dean into his arms. Half lidded green eyes met his sleepily and he smiled, getting a sleepy one in return.
“Sleep Dean, I'll protect you.” He whispered and kept up his soothing motions as Dean stopped breathing and moving in sleep.
 
---------------------------
Dean woke slowly, too warm and comfortable to want to move. He knew instinctively exactly whose arms were around him and it felt wonderful, better than it had with Cassie. He opened his eyes to see Sam, still asleep and to all appearances dead. He smiled at the peaceful look on the older vampire's face. He knew Sam was almost always worried about protecting him when awake, it was his duty as the elder and the one that had changed him, so it was nice to see him so relaxed. Last night had been so pleasant, Sam just comforting his fears over his Dad learning the truth. Sam's touch had been so soothing he'd actually started to purr! But he'd had to fight the other reaction to it. He didn't want Sam to know the feelings he had started to develop towards him, he didn't want to ruin things. And yet, staring at Sam, all he wanted to do was lean in and close the small gap between their lips. Could he without waking him? Taking a deep, unneeded, breath he inched forward and brushed his lips to Sam's. He froze but Sam didn't move so he did it again. Feeling bold he wrapped his arms around Sam's waist and kissed him more firmly. It took him a few seconds to realise Sam was responding and then he tried to run but Sam's grip was too tight.
 
“Shh.” Sam's soothing voice broke through his panic and wild green eyes met calm hazel. Sam reached up and cupped his face in one hand.
“It's okay Dean.” To prove it Sam leant in and captured Dean's lips in a gentle kiss. Dean froze but then responded hesitantly, not used to kissing another male. Sam rolled them so Dean was lying flat on his back with Sam hovering over him and it felt strange yet oddly comforting to be in the less aggressive role. With Sam it was okay to let someone else take control, because Sam would never let anything or anyone hurt him.
 
Sam stared down at Dean, half thinking he was dreaming yet praying he was awake. He'd wanted this for so long that it was hard to control himself but he could see the nervousness in Dean's eyes, the younger vampire had never been with a man before. He never wanted to scare or hurt Dean so he forced himself to move slowly and carefully. He wouldn't try to go all the way this morning but there was still a lot they could do without that. And he planned to make it the best experience Dean had ever had.
 
TBC...