Sweeney Todd Fan Fiction ❯ Sin-eater ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I, however much I wish it were otherwise, DO NOT own Sweeney Todd. I make no profit from this.
I sit in the chair that one of my customers has just “vacated” and stare at the blood spatter on my shirt. I am generally careful not to get blood on my clothes, the stains are horrible to wash out, but I could not restrain myself with this one. He looked just like the judge.
My customers cannot imagine my thrill at the blade against their throats, knowing that I hold their life at my hands, that just a twist of the blade can end their worthless existence. Though I suppose that naiveté to be a good thing, for if they turned and saw my mad visage at that moment, they would all surely bolt from fear. And then where would dear Mrs. Lovett's pie shop be?
No. It cannot happen. Once they come into my shop, there is no turning back. No second chance. They are all guilty of something. Maybe they strike their wives and children. Or they steal: from shops like the beggars in the streets or from the population as a whole like the politicians.
I delight in what I do, polishing my friends for one specific throat. Whetting their hunger. “Demon” they'll call me, “Vampire.” I like how those sound. Yes! Come to me! Give me your throat! Your blood! Your sins!
Yes, “Sin-eater” they shall call me! I will cleanse this filthy town of sin! Taking them all into me! Feeding on them!
But it will not be enough. Never. Not until I get the blood I need.
Oh, to feel my hands on Turpin's throat, his eyes closed, not knowing what awaits him. My razor sinking into his flesh, cutting through veins, the horror in his eyes as he realizes who I really am and where he is going. The resistance against my blade as it slices its way through the bastard's windpipe. His final wheezing breaths before I send him down to Mrs. Lovett, where he will forever disappear. Never to speak another damning word. Never to ruin the life of another foolish barber.