Takegami Fan Fiction ❯ A Tenchu Story ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Short story project
 
It was a quite, boring beautiful day at lord gohda's estate. The estate took over about 20 archers of land. Around that 20 was a fortification that protected the house and the people in it. And in the house was a Kunoichi (female ninja) named Ayame, who was bored to death. Ayame sat idle in her room wishing she had a mission to do right now, but she didn't. She sighed,
“I need to find something to do. I won't be doing a mission till night fall”
“ And this mission tonight is supposed to be really dangerous too. I wonder how I should break it to Ibuki-chan?” Ayame laid her head on her pillow while her long black locks of hair fell on her mildly tan face and got in the way of her vision. Ayame didn't want to scare Ibuki like she did the last time she went on a mission and ended up in critical condition.
“Perhaps I should sleep it off and tell her later…” she said silently to herself. She began to think and look around her room at the same time. The room was small and cozy, nothing to special. She had a nightstand, a closet, a futon bed and a painting on the wall. She liked things to be simple and not so complicated. As Ayame was still in thought she began to doze off a little.
“Maybe…*yawns* I should take a walk around the garden to clear my head a bit… It's a nice day out any ways” It had been raining almost all week and it had finally stopped last night. Her eyes began to flutter trying to keep them open. The sun light creeping in her bedroom and on to her face made her a little tired. She blew the hair off of her face and got up abruptly.
“OK! I'm going to the garden! And maybe I'll tell Ibuki!” as she yelled out to herself, her tummy began to rumble. “But first I need some food!” Ayame slid open her door and closed it like a ghost. As she strolled down the hallway she looked at all of the paintings of the Gohda family on the bland wallpaper. At that thought she began to think of her family.
“Oh god how I miss mother and father…” she whispered to herself and her face began to sadden. She had finally reached the end of the hall and walked down the stairs. When Ayame hit the bottom she cleaned up her face and walked into the eating room.
* Eating room*
Lord Gohda's daughter, Ibuki was enjoying a afternoon snack. She sat on her legs and her little feet where sticking out. She was almost as tall as Ayame and was as kawaii (cute) as ever. Ibuki turned her head and saw Ayame. She rushed to her like she hadn't seen her in forever.
“AYA-CHAN!!!” she screamed out in joy. Ayame was taken off guard by the screech. She grabbed her in a bare hug and Ayame began to feel a little out of breath. Her body stared to tingle.
“Koniichiwa Ibuki-chan…could you umm… please let go of me, I can't feel my torso” Ayame thought she was going to pass out at any minute. The younger girl let go of her release on ayame's body. She felt the blood rushing back though out her body once again. Ayame patted her on her head and looked down in to her dark brown eyes.
“You have such a strong grip for a 12 year old. And you don't even work out” She said.
“Yup I know! I'm getting bigger and stronger everyday. One day I'm going be a ninja just like you, ya know.” Ibuki said with admire in her eyes. Ayame gave her a concerned look.
“I don't think your papa would allow you to do that. He would be very worried and so would I.”
“OH! But I would be very careful like you! I would learn all the great Ninjitsu techniques before I do any of my missions!” She said jumping up and down getting ready to have a fit. Ayame decided to change the subject, She wasn't up to talking about ninjas and missions right about now.
“How about we talk about this later, eh? I'm hungry.” Ibuki shook her head and followed her into the eating room. Ayame opened a cabinet door and looked around to see if there were any more rice cakes left. She stuck her hand in and reached in the way back and touched something. She grabbed it.
“What the hell is this???” It was somewhat round, a little bit long, and furry. She pulled it out.
“OH MY GOD! IT'S FILPING MOUSE!” She screamed like little schoolgirl. Ayame quickly threw the mouse down and it ran off deep into the house. She took a hold of her chest trying to breath again.
“Hahaha! That was so funny!” Ibuki said bursting out in laughter.
“You should of saw the look on your face!” Ayame's cheeks began to turn red from embarrassment.
“I knew that was there….” She said tying to sound cool about what had happened. “OK sure Aya-chan.” she said snickering under her breath.
“ Well are there any more rice cakes???”
“Yea they are over here” Ibuki took her hand and lead her to the storage room. She tells Ayame to wait while she gets more. She emerges out of the storage room in no time. She hands her the box of rice cakes.
“Dozo Ibuki-chan” Ayame quickly opens the box and chows down the delish morsels. By the time she speaks to ask Ibuki a question the box is half empty. Chucks of rice cakes came flying out of her mouth while she tried to talk.
“ Hey…do you want to walk around the garden with me?” Ayame quickly realized what she had done to the poor child and wiped her off.
“Hehe sorry” Ibuki looked like she was about to punch her upside the head.
“It's ok Aya-chan. But if you made that face again it would make it all better.” She said starting to laugh again.
“HEY! It wasn't funny, that scared me half to death!”
“Oh please it was hilarious seeing you scream like a little girl. I thought ninjas were supposed to keep their cool hum?” Ayame ignored the question and instead threatened her.
“Don't make me have to kick your ass.” She said in an annoyed voice.
“Yeah whatever, you wish you could. And yes I'll walk with you, I'll be waiting for you outside.” After Ibuki left Ayame went to sit down to think again how to tell her `little sister' the bad news.
“Maybe I should say…” She sat at the table for a while and finally decided to get up and head toward the garden. Ayame thought back to when she was in critical condition and how Ibuki stayed with her all though out the day and night watching over her. She didn't want that to happened again and have Ibuki worried sick. And she also made a promise to her that if she where to ever go on a dangerous mission again she would tell her and not keep it to herself.
* In the garden*
Ayame took her sweet ass time getting to the garden. Still plotting out how to soften the blow.
“I guess I'll just say wherever come to my mind.” She sighed. She scoped out the garden looking for Ibuki, there where a lot of workers repairing the damage the rains brought. Her eyes finally landed on the small thin figure of Ibuki sitting on a bench. She headed in the direction she was in and sat next to her.
“So are we going to walk or what?” she said waiting for a quick answer.
“Well you're the one that's sitting down smart one.” She smirked at her. At that Ibuki got up and walked on leaving Ayame only.
“Please…don't try that with me, I know you don't have an attitude.” Ayame took her time getting up and caught up with Ibuki. They both started to walk at the same pace. The sun was going to set in a few more hours and Ayame felt she should speak up now.
“ …Well you know I go on a mission tonight right?” she said quietly. She hated complicated situations and this was one of them.
Ibuki said smartly “Well duh, you go on one every night don't you?” this made Ayame feel stupid. She swiftly built up her courage and told her.
“Yea I do and tonight's mission is really dangerous. I might not come back because Onikage is supposed to be there and…yea that's about it.” She was happy to get that out of her system. Ibuki on the other hand wasn't happy at all.
“WHAT?! Onikage is crazy!! Why are you going out to fight him of all people!?” Ayame didn't have to think about that question.
“To kill him of course. It's my job to rid him of the world. I really think I can over come him.” She said confidently. But Ibuki was still not convinced.
“Yeah ok, you can go get yourself killed. See if I give a damn!” Ibuki turned the opposite way they where walking. Ayame didn't really feel like going after her and just stopped. Ibuki knew she wasn't going to go after her; she never did, so she stopped too.
“Look you know it's my job. So I don't know why you make such a big deal out of it. You should be used to it.” She said flatly. Ibuki said her words only above a whisper.
“Aya-chan you know I care about you and look up to you. I just don't want you to get hurt or even worse…die.”
“Yes I know, I know. Just don't worry this time, that's the reason why I told you in the first place. And I promise you that I will come back in one piece.” Ayame walked toward Ibuki and gave her a hug to make her feel batter.
“You better come back in piece or I'm kicking YOUR ass.” She said with a smile. Ayame was happy she was feeling better and that the whole thing was over. Except for her leavening.
“ Ok , I'm glad I got that over and done with! I think was should head back to the house it's getting late and I'm hungry!”
“What's wrong with you? You are always hungry, I'm surprised your not fat already.” Ibuki started to laugh again.
“I need to fill up on food before I leave baka. (Stupid)” the sun had finally set and they both headed to the house.
THE END!