Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ A New Hope ❯ Nightmares-Truth or Fiction? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Nope, don't own anything. Heck, the main switching character genders isn't mine, just something someone wanted a fanfic for from their fanart. Only thing I came up with is the storyline. Sort of.
 
*~*~*
 
 
“Well hello there Craven. How nice of you to join me in my little lair.”
 
Craven hated that voice. But he hated more the one it belonged to. Scarlett, the one he had been hunting for the past two years.
 
He sat there, half sitting, half kneeling, on the cold ground, watching her sexy figure stroll towards him. If it weren't for the fact that there was a mutual hatred between them, he would've just given himself over to her. But a half-exposed chest, midsection, and her womanhood wouldn't seduce him. He wouldn't let it happen.
 
Scarlett's shockingly blond hair stood out in the iridescent light that illuminated from above. The split orange and black mask hid her right eye; her pale blue one was shadowed as she looked down on him.
 
Blood running down the side of his face, his arms, and his entire body from the various wounds she had given him, and his body trembling from exhaustion and blood loss, Craven was almost out. Scarlett stood over him and lifted the led pipe she had in hand and brought it down swiftly-
 
Craven shot up in his bed, sweat on his face and soaking his sheets. He was in his dark room, and his digital clock read 2:05 AM.
 
Its just a dream…I'm only dreaming…but why is it that every time I have that one, it feels so…real?
 
Without realizing it, he had screamed while dreaming, and Firestar was knocking on his door.
 
“Craven? What's wrong, are you all right?”
 
He quickly caught his breath, and despite his head in his shaking hands, he managed to answer.
 
“I'm fine. Go back to sleep, Fire.”
 
He was rewarded with hearing his footsteps leave and his door shut.
 
 
 
*~*~*
 
Craven found sleep was harder to find than before. He got up and paced in his room, his silk pants making no sound whatsoever as they criss-crossed across his floor. Unable to take it anymore, he walked out of his room and headed into the kitchen of the Tower, getting a glass of water. Beastgirl had come in late and was dozing on the couch.
 
He left the kitchen and headed to his private workout room. Only he and Robin had access to it, but she was asleep.
 
He walked over to the barbell set he had and lifted them with ease. Thirty-five reps was his normal for these, but right now he felt like doing forty-five. His muscles and arms worked on their own, his mind on other topics.
 
A fine sweat broke out on his body. His muscles strained when he reached the fortieth rep. A silent Robin slinked into the room, watching his chest and arms bulge as he finished the last five.
 
She walked over with a bottle of water in hand and handed it to him after he set it down. He greedily gulped half the bottle down and wiped sweat from his brow.
 
“Thanks.”
 
“No problem. Firestar told me about your screaming. That dream again?”
 
He nodded. Robin knew him better than the rest did. Probably the hatred both possessed for Scarlett. Craven leaned against the wall. His arms felt numb, but he enjoyed knowing at least part of him was.
 
I'll be just fine, pretending that I'm not…
 
“Are the others up yet?”
 
“Well, Fire's up, Beastgirl's passed out on the couch, and Cybergirl's still charging for the day. So I'd say just the three of us. Why?”
 
“Just wondering. Hungry?”
 
“Sort of. You?”
 
“Yeah, let's eat.”
 
“Lead the way.”
 
Craven picked up the bottle and walked out the door and back to the kitchen.
 
After forking his food across his plate, Craven stood and headed for the door.
 
“Thanks Robin. I'll be in my room if you need me.”
 
“And I'll be out here if you need my help.”
 
He nodded and left. Firestar was still sitting at the table, sipping mustard.
 
“Fire, have you noticed anything wrong with Craven lately? Aside from his usual quietness and loner habits?”
 
“Well Robin, he has been rather…out of it lately. And it's almost nightly now- he's in bed screaming about something. A nightmare, perhaps. But no matter what it is, I don't like it.”
 
“Neither do I, Fire…neither do I.”
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*
 
And thus ends chapter one. Lunatic-hope ya like.