Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ A New Hope ❯ Soon, my child...soon... ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

7 months later
*~*~*
 
The crisp, refreshing air filled Craven's lungs as he jumped from building to building on his nightly patrol of the city. Angel was back at the Tower, now with a fairly large belly, waiting for him. All the others were off on their own section of patrol- BeastGirl taking uptown, Cybergirl getting downtown, Robin watching the bridge, and Fire holding down the bay.
 
He stopped on a dark rooftop and sighed. Within two months, he'd have a young child in his arms that he could claim as his. And in only a weeks' time, he'd be nineteen.
 
Something told him that if he were a normal teen, he'd be in crap city. Luckily, he wasn't.
 
Gazing up and down the street, his attention was caught by the police alarm going off at the station. A few blocks away, he heard glass shattering at what he knew was the jewelry shop.
 
Craven jumped up into the air and took off in the direction of the shop.
 
Reaching the shop, he gazed around. Shattered glass littered the street, and the jewel cases were empty. Panting breaths signaled where the robber was. He ran quickly after it, following without a second thought.
 
Chasing the thief down dark alleyways, he finally had them cornered.
 
Thanks to his improved night vision, Craven was surprised to see a very fat Scarlett standing right in front of him.
 
“So, it's come to this now, has it? Chasing criminals down like rats and cornering them for an easy pick off? Well, not this one, buddy!”
 
Scarlett charged him, knife drawn. He had barely enough time to escape the blade, but grasped it in his own hand and took it from her with a violent tug. She lost her balance and flew to the ground.
 
Hatred consuming him and clouding his judgment, Craven advanced on her sprawled form threateningly.
 
“I…cannot allow that…abomination…growing in you see the light of day…”
 
And with that, Craven brought the knife down and avoided cutting the arms she threw up in defense and sliced a clean gash across Scarlett's protruding stomach. She cried out in pain as he finished the cut.
 
Beep! Beep! Beep!
 
The sound of his communicator going off brought Craven back to reality. He answered it, never so much as glancing at the wounded Scarlett. Fire's worried face filled the screen.
 
“Craven, we need you down at the bridge, ASAP. Deranged Butterfly is setting of bombs down here and we need you!”
 
The face flickered and went out.
 
Craven turned just in time to see Scarlett pull out a few smoke bombs and throw them to the ground.
 
When the smoke cleared, she was gone.
 
 
*~*~*~*~*
 
 
 
Clutching to the earthen walls as well as her bleeding stomach, Scarlett inched her way back down to the secret hideout she and Ruby had constructed. She bit back the urge to scream as the God-forsaken child growing in her kicked at her stomach lining.
 
Pulling her hand up to her face, the last thing she remembered was her hand streaked in crimson.
 
Moments later, Ruby walked up to her fallen sister and dragged her back to the hideout.
 
*~*~*~*
 
Back in the hideout, Ruby left Scarlett on the floor. She put a bandage on the wound to stop the bleeding.
 
A little while after dragging her in, Scarlett woke up in a dazed trance.
 
“Wh…where am I?”
Ruby walked over to her, putting an arm around her mid section.
 
“Shh…it's alright, sister, everything's going to be okay…in a moment, I'm going to send you to meet mother and father…”
 
Even in her dazed state, something didn't register right with Scarlett.
 
“But…mother and father are…dead…”
 
“And probably in Hell, too. Say hi to them for me.”
 
Scarlett felt a large pain in the back of her neck. The last pain she would ever feel.
 
*~*~*
 
The deed was done. Ruby stood and walked over to the video monitor, watching Craven and friends fight against Deranged Butterfly. She smiled as she ran her hands over her own swelling belly. She felt the child growing inside kick.
 
“Soon, my child, soon…you will get revenge on Daddy soon enough.”