Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ A New Hope ❯ Unpleasant Pleasantries ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: For once, aside from this, I actually have nothing to say. Odd, really.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
After showing Marie to her room, Nathan retreated across the hall to his own room.
 
He opened the door and shut it, locked it, then closed his eyes and sighed. From somewhere in the darkness a womanly voice laughed.
 
“Tired already? My, and I haven't had the chance to have fun with you.”
 
He opened his eyes to see Sapphire walk slowly towards him from the shadows, a seductive smile on her face, her eyes aflame with something…lust, maybe.
 
“What do you want, Sapphire?” His eyes were wary as she closed the final distance between the two, smiling up to him.
 
“Want? Need? What every girl wants and needs…love.”
 
His eyes widened as he registered this information.
 
“You don't mean…?”
 
She nodded and leaned up, trying to close the gap between their mouths. He caught her by the shoulders and shoved her away. His voice was hard as he spoke.
 
“No. We can't do this. Get out of my room.” His hand went slowly to the hilt of the rapier that hung still at his side.
 
“Come now. Unsheathing your sword only gets her more riled.”
 
A voice from the shadows, one he recognized, almost froze his heart where it beat. He turned and watched Endymion step forth from the shadows.
 
“Endymion…how could you?”
 
A smile curled his friend's lips upwards as he laughed loudly.
 
“It was simple, really. Your mother is quite the seductress.”
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
As Nathan rushed across the hall, he grasped his bleeding shoulder with his hand that was already tainted with the blood of his once friend and his servant. He shook the doorknob to Marie's room, but it wouldn't budge. Eventually, his patience lost, he kicked the door open.
 
|FLASHBACK|
 
After Endymion's shocking revelation that he had been seduced by Ruby, Nathan lost it. He brandished his rapier, turning on his once-best friend. Striking the air madly as he missed Endymion in blind rage, the sound of steel hitting steel brought him back to reality, somewhat.
 
Gaining control over his emotions, he struck faster and with more precision than before, dealing numerous cuts to Endymion. Sapphire stood watching, moving constantly so as not to be caught in the swirling blades of doom.
 
After a while, Nathan realized that Endymion was toying with him. He paused for a moment, and taking a hold of the moment, he slashed Nathan's shoulder open, and blood gushed forth. He cried out in pain, and then blocked it out as he struck the air furiously again. Endymion was enjoying this.
 
“You know, across the hall, at this very moment, my dear brother is seducing your dear girlfriend. I'm sure in a while her screams will reach your dead, bloody ears.”
 
Nathan saw red, and only red as he focused on Endymion's smirking face as it licked it's blade that had blood on it.
 
“Bastard! Shut up!”
 
And in went Nathan's blade, piercing Endymion's heart, going through to the back. Sapphire screamed and ran to Nathan as he was pulling the blade out of his friend's bleeding heart. She beat at his back madly, screaming at him and crying all the while. He turned quickly, almost slicing her through the middle in the process. She backed off still crying and screaming. He waved the bloody sword threateningly.
 
“You…you tried to seduce me. To have my child, unbeknownst to me. Ruby will have Endymion's child. And…damn!”
 
Nathan remembered that Asphodel was in the other room with Marie right now. He glared once more at Sapphire and took off running, sword in hand.
 
|END FLASHBACK|
 
As he `opened' the door, he realized he was almost too late. Asphodel had his face buried in Marie's neck, who was writhing beneath his ministrations. She seemed unharmed, and still was dressed, albeit in her pajamas.
 
*~*~*
 
He heard the door being kicked in. But he was almost done. As he heard Nathan shouting his name, he finished leaving his mark on her neck.
 
For the past minute, he had been biting, licking, sucking, and teasing one of the spots on Marie's neck where her pulse throbbed beneath him. His mark now finally complete, he got up off of her and faced a very ticked Nathan, bleeding at one shoulder, hair in a mess, sweaty, breathing hard, holding a bloody sword in his hand.
 
He smiled and held up his hands, showing he was unarmed.
 
“Get away from Marie, Asphodel.” His voice was cold.
 
Asphodel obliged, moving five paces from her to him.
 
“Come now, Nathan. Can't we talk this out like gentlemen?” His voice was calm, yet his hand went to the hilt of his own rapier, just in case.
 
“You tried to seduce my girlfriend. You had your servant try to seduce me. I don't know what kind of sick game you and your brother are playing, but I don't like it!”
 
Asphodel was thoroughly amused. “Game? Well, I seem to think so. But Endymion and Ruby both thought of it as…what was it again? Oh yes, revenge.”
 
Marie was sitting up, looking at the two as though they were having a pleasant conversation. The mark on her neck was barely visible, but it was there. She stood and placed her arms around Asphodel's waist, then kissed his cheek. Nathan felt as though he would throw up.
 
“Ma…Marie? How could you?”
 
“Ah, my dear friend, Marie is not quite herself right now.” He put an arm around her. “You see, the mark I left on her neck allows me to…control those I put it on. Right now she's doing what I tell her to.”
 
“And how do I get it off her?”
 
“Simple, really. Make me relinquish my control. In other words, kill me.”
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“…In other words, kill me.”
 
His blood boiling beneath his skin, Nathan kept his head under control as he shoved Marie out of harms way and sliced the air where Asphodel had once been.
 
The next few moments were all a blur to Nathan. He remembered following Asphodel around the room, slicing after him and almost always missing. He remembered being sliced badly in his leg and arm. The other thing he remembered was slicing a gash along Asphodel's back, blood spurting on his white shirt, as his friend fell to the cold floor.
 
Leaning on his sword, Nathan gasped for air. Marie, who ended up on the bed during the fight, was holding her head, shaking it to clear it out. When she looked up, she saw the bleeding corpse on the ground and Nathan's various cuts and scrapes. She rushed to him, tears forming.
 
“Nathan…please, let's go.”
 
She took off his shirt and wrapped his wounds from bits of cloth on her nightshirt and took his hand. They grabbed their stuff and ran to the garage where his motorcycle was stored.
 
From there they drove. Away from the murder. Away from the deceit. Away from the betrayal that seemed to follow them everywhere.