Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Alien Brains ❯ Professor Quarlor of Crainus ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER TWO
When Starfire and Copy-Cat had awakened, they found themselves in an odd room surrounded by four steel walls with now windows, a heavily locked door, a few lofts of hay, a couple of crates and barrels too. “Oh… My head…!” Copy-Cat groaned.
Starfire didn't know if she was standing on her feet or her head. She looked right-side up to Copy-Cat, but that still didn't answer where they were.
That's when the huge door opened wide and in marched two guards and a third alien wearing a sparkling robe, and his cranium had to be the size of a watermelon due to the size of his obvious brain.
His head throbbed twice, and the door sealed behind him. Then he gazed at the two heroes, and grinned sinisterly. “A Tameranian and a Psyconian…?” he hissed. “You will do very nicely.”
“If I may ask, who are you and what is it you want with us?” asked Starfire.
The alien introduced himself as Professor Quarlor, and this was his complex on the planet Cranius! “So it was who had brought us here.” snapped Copy-Cat.
Quarlor nodded, and using his powerful brain he was actually able to show the heroes images of his invention, the transport-popper-X3L-- A device that could lock onto the coordinates of anyone from any distance, and instantly pop them to his planet in an instant.
Starfire and Copy-Cat were amazed by such a device. It obviously had to be extremely complex, but to Quarlor, it was easy thanks to his genius brain, but it was revealed that he did not study to obtain such intelligence.
Starfire and Copy-Cat demanded more answers, and Quarlor saw no harm in telling them.
Years ago, he had an invasion and a dream, that of becoming the smartest, most intelligent being in all the universe, so that he would astonish other races with his genius and never be deemed as simple-minded by others again as had happened during his travels, and while studying was a good ideal, it just wasn't fast enough, nor enjoyable.
So using his then-knowledge, the developed a method of gaining the intelligence of every people from his home planet, and transfer them to his own brain, thus, increasing his genius and rendering the victim without any wisdom and forcing them to be reeducated.
While it helped him to become smarter, it was not enough to help him escape from his banishment for such a dastardly deed. Starfire and Copy-Cat could understand that.
Quarlor continued to explain that he was forced to come to this planet, and using the knowledge he already possessed, he managed to establish his complex and conjure up all his devices to carry on with his lust for intelligence, and that's when it became clear to Starfire and Copy-Cat…
“You have been kidnapping creatures from other races…” snapped Copy-Cat.
“… and taking their intelligence for your own cruel pleasure!” added Starfire.
“Very perceptive…” hissed Quarlor “And now… the two of you shall have the honor of being my next victims. I always wanted a Psyconian's mind for their vast intelligence, and the powerful warrior-skills of a Tameranian will do wonderfully.”
Before Starfire and Copy-Cat could react with the old, “You won't get away with this.” Quarlor's brain pulsed again, and the two heroes were levitated off the ground, and they felt as if their bones were being crushed on the inside… he had absorbed enough intelligence to unlock the secret of psycho-kinesis as well. This was also the reason why the heroes weren't able to use their powers before.
“You will find by this point that escape is impossible.” chuckled Quarlor. He let them go, and the heroes fell to the floor breathing stressfully and feeling weaker. Yet he himself winced slightly, and held his head…
Right now he had to go and prepare things for the extraction including a little something to help make the heroes' brain-activity rise to make the absorption all the greater.
“Make yourselves comfortable, because very soon… you won't even know how to do that.” and he laughed wickedly as he and his guards exited the cell and locked the door.
Starfire and Copy-Cat needed help, but how could they get any when the others didn't even know where they were?
Cyborg was doing his best to fix the antenna on the ship so they could possibly scan where Starfire and Copy-Cat had gone, but Cyborg's knowledge of the ship wasn't as great as Copy-Cat's. He hardly knew which was what, and what went where, “Dang! This thing's as complicated as a jigsaw puzzle. I hope I can get it to go.
If they could get the scanner working, they would have a small chance, because Copy- Cat and Starfire did have their communicators on them.
Inside, Raven was getting worried about Starfire, and especially Copy-Cat. Robin was worried about them too, especially Starfire. “We'll find them…” he said trying to keep her hopes up.
“We hope…” Raven simply said, but their hopes didn't look so high. Here they were floating in outer space and unable to determine even what galaxy their friends were in.
It was an awful lot of space out there to look for two missing aliens.