Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Family ❯ Ignore ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Family
Ignore
She was ignoring him for a reason. The problem was, he wasn't quite sure what that reason was.
He thought:
Last night he had done nothing. (Well, not nothing, but not anything that would cause her to be angry with him. She had seemed quite willing.)
At dinner he'd done nothing. They played the good family routine and sat around the table, eating and talking about each other's day. The children would sit (grown up, almost, at ages eight and four) and play with their food as he would teach them to make mashed potatoes volcanoes and she would laugh as gravy-lava streamed down the plate and onto the table.
At lunch she'd called him (he'd been working his considerably ugh job) with exciting news about Kori and Rich (their own little ones were growing up so fast.)
Before he'd left for work they'd been considerably warm towards each other.
At breakfast the same 'good family' routine, this time with complaints of going to school (and a few about going to work.)
He couldn't remember anything past that. So what exactly had he done to make her ignore him.
(He remembered dates well enough, so nothing about that...)
She turned to him, her lips turned down in a frown, her eyes not happy.
"Something the matter?" he asked, hoping for an answer.
She shook her head.
"It's nothing," she murmured, not meeting his eyes.
"Something's wrong," he pressed.
Children ran by then, screaming for their sibling to leave them alone. She patted Mark on the head, chiding him for being mean to his little sister, than Brenna for being whiney about it.
She turned back to him, kissing him softly on the cheek.
"I'll tell you later," she murmured into his ear, a smile on her face.
He grinned.
As long as she wasn't ignoring him.