Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Family ❯ Linger ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Family
Linger
Raven lingered over the coffee a moment as she stared through the small window that seperated the kitchen and the giant table they sat at. Starfire-Kori- had her head hung sadly on the table, her auburn hair around her in sickly clumps.
She entered the kitchen, setting the mug down beside her, and petting her hair.
"Star," she murmured, "Have you told Richard?"
A small motion that looked a bit like a shake of the head. She sat down.
"Maybe... it's not that bad... You have two others..."
Instantly she realized that was the wrong thing to say. Kori shot up, her eyes glowing dangerously.
"It was still my child," she growled, "And it does not matter how many I already had."
"Sorry," Raven held up her hands defensively and pushed the coffee mug towards her. "I just... don't know exactly what to say."
Kori sighed sadly, returning to her early position. Tamaranians were strong, but emotionally crippled. With the inability to hide her emotions, there was a good chance Kori was ready to break down.
"...Sweetie," Raven tried, patting her head again, "If you talked to your husband instead of me, you might feel better. He thinks you're expecting, but you're not... not anymore..."
Kori lifted herself, pushing back her messy hair. "It won't help if I break down during dinner, I suppose." A dry laugh, more like a cough.
"You're alright, though?" Raven asked.
"I'll be... better," she tried, "Perhaps not completely alright. But I am still in healthy condition. I think, if you wouldn't mind, I could spend the day here... with my friend?"
Raven smiled.
-----
Crap. An arc. That sucks. How did that happen?