Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Holding Hope ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Randomness is a ten-letter word.
Holding Hope
Brad had often gone with his father when they visited his mother's grave. When he was younger, he sat in the car listening to the radio and watching his dad talking to the sky. His sister, Brenna, had been whining about being alone in the car and he had stayed to keep her company, but now he was thirteen, his sister six, and currently standing with his father by the stone monument that marked his mother's place.
His father was strangely quiet, at least judging by what Brad had seen. He seemed to normally talk to his mother, but today his eyes were closed and he sat cross-legged on the ground. Brad ran his hand across the stone raven that marked the grave. The thing seemed to warm on the dreary day that threatened rain. He closed his eyes and whispered softly to his mom.
“I've only seen your grave once before,” he muttered wondering if his father could hear, “and I feel really stupid talking to it. I doubt you can hear me, but Dad always talks to you, so I figured you'd want to here from your son. Dad says I take after you, but I don't believe him. You were always so kind to everyone, even when you were surrounded by all those parents saying you were `corrupting their kids.'” He chucked at the memory. His mother had been telling scary stories where evil triumphed. She'd always said that's how life went, but at night she told him sweet stories where she made vague illusions to him being the hero of the story and saving a beautiful girl.
“You only knew Brenna for about a year, so I should tell you she's fine. She still doesn't get what we do when we visit you, but she'll learn soon. You were right, having a sister's not so bad.”
Brad felt a hand on his shoulder. His father was nodding for him to go back to the car, and he obliged. The blond-haired man smiled at his son and softly patted the stone raven.
“You were always a good mother, I wish you could see them now,” he said and turned back to follow his son.
With that, Garfield Logan started to hype his children up with the promise of ice cream, leaving the grave of his departed wife, Raven Roth… for only a short while.
 
Didya like it? I got the name Brad cause I liked the name Bradhadmier (sp?) in Sweep, so I wanted to name my son (if I ever got one) Brad. I looked on a Celtic website (cause the Celts are awesome!) for a girl name. Brenna means raven lady.
*Subliminal messaging* REVIEW *Subliminal messaging*