Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Journey Through Life ❯ Introduction ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey, it's good to start a career here on Mediaminer. I have written one thing in the past on fanfiction.net. If you're interested in it let me know and I'll tell you where to find it. Recently I discovered the Teen Titans anime. I think the show is great, but it leaves a lot to be desired, so I'm going to try to expand the emotional parts of it and make it more fulfilling. I'll try to make it as realistic as possible, which means some villains will be cut, while others will be added in. Also, I've seen every episode and might continue it past season 5 if I get ideas for additional episodes. By the way, I am a Robin x Starfire fan and a BeastBoy x Raven fan. Not sure who I'll pair Cyborg with yet. Letting you know now so if you don't like those pairings you don't have to read any of this. To make those pairings work I will be making some major changes to the series. I'll be mostly following the series, but will change some episodes around and make changes to the storyline, reasons for which will be given after each chapter. The rating is because of gore, and possibly some sensual scenes later: I've never written any and am nervous about foraying into that territory.
All that said, it feels good to be writing again, and I hope you enjoy.
Disclaimer: Teen Titans belongs to DC and all them.

Episode 0: Introduction
An alarm blared in a maximum-security complex as a giant walked through a set of solid steel doors. Or more accurately, it smashed through them, leaving a trail of destruction as it strode through the courtyard.
Code Red! Cell block 9! Move out,” a lieutenant barked as he led his half-dozen squadron through the wreckage. The seven men walked through the field and looked around, their eyes trained behind the visors for any sign of the intruder.
“Main yard secure,” the leader radioed to the complex after scouring the area.
“I don't like this,” one guard remarked.
“Me neither. No way something that big could just disappear without a trace,” his friend agreed. Seconds later a five hundred pound door landed at the feet of the squadron. They looked from where it came and saw something that astonished them: what appeared to be a person made out of concrete forcing the doors leading inside open. It was only discernable because it was moving; otherwise, it was the same shade as the wall behind it.
“Stop him: he'll free the prisoners!” the lieutenant barked as he leveled his stun gun and fired. The rest of his men quickly followed his lead and a barrage of bolts streaked towards the hulking enigma. As they impacted the stone back of the creature, the beams disintegrated into nothing more than sparks, but they did appear to catch the creature's attention. It turned around and growled menacingly. With a single stomp of its foot, the giant sent a shockwave at the guards, causing them to lose their balance and fall into cracks that spread out all over the ground.
The giant strode confidently through the complex, knowing exactly where to go. As it entered the main hallway, a young impish voice called out from the shadows, “you know, rock-head, normally the bad guys break out of jail.”
“And I can think of five reasons why you don't want to break in,” another male voice said, this one older and much more authoritative. A young man leapt from the ceiling, covered in a thin suit of bright red and green. A yellow “R” set against black covered his heart, a yellow utility belt was around his waist, and a cape billowed out behind him as he landed gracefully. He looked up, his eyes hidden behind a mask. “I'm one.”
“Two,” a third voice said. The tone sounded like one prone to giggling, and was coming from a late teenage girl hovering in midair. Her bright purple tank top, skirt, and knee-high boots contrasted nicely with her orange skin, and her green eyes matched the jewels in his necklace and gauntlets.
“Three!” exclaimed a hulking robot. As it moved from the shadows, most of it seemed to be robot, but half the face and a few other pats of the body were still human. The machinery shone a bright blue and had a silver sheen to it. His dark brown eye matched his skin as he flexed his mechanical arms, clearly ready for a fight.
“Four,” said a scratchy dark voice as the source emerged from through the wall. Her pale skin was mostly hidden behind a bright blue cloak and hoodie, her purple eyes gleaming from the shadow her hood cast across her face. Dark red jewels were engraved by her wrists on her outfit, with a matching jewel acting as a clasp for her cloak. A belt of gold and these same jewels adorned her waist though it was lopsided, having been made a few sizes too big.
A bright green falcon swooped down from the ceiling and morphed into a tiger as it landed on a banister. It leapt down to the ground floor and turned into a thin green-skinned human with green eyes and fangs. His purple and black suit covered most of his body, except for his face and hands. “And I'm five!” he said, revealing himself to be the one that had spoken up originally.
The five teens arranged themselves so the one with the mask was in the center. He stepped forward, clearly the leader. “No matter how you do the math, it all adds up to you going down. So, are you going to come quietly?”
“Or is this gonna get loud?” the android smirked.
The giant roared as a response and charged the teens, its fist raised for a fight.
“TEEN TITANS, GO!” the leader cried as they charged the giant in return.

There's the introduction, just so you have a feel for my writing. Changed the order of introduction simply because I can :P. Please review and don't hold back feedback, even if it's negative. Criticism can make this story better than it would be normally, however, please no profanity or mindless "This sucks" etc. If you don't like something, tell me why and an idea for fixing it, otherwise I'll probably just ignore it. If you can't think of a way to fix the problem, at least tell me what reason you have for disliking it.
I hope you all have a good day, and thank you for reading.