Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Learning to Fall then Love ❯ Feelings of the Kiss Scene ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Learning to Fall Then Love By: TTWildfireX Chapter 1: Feelings of the Kiss Scene
Disclaimer: I do not own anything Raven and Gar say to each other and chapter one; however, all other chapters belong to me. Any of the Teen Titans, villains or anything else belongs to DC, except for Erin, Lydia, TTWildfireX, Psylocke, and Orlardo and may only be used with my permission.
A/N-First of all, I have to give a great big THANK YOU to KTHunter for beta reading and putting up with me so, Thank You, KTHunter!
Second, I would like to note that this story is donated to Talon Theater (on the comic bloc, KTHunter, and Saturn Girl. One because two of them are good writers and two of them are good friends?
Ok now I really like this chapter, and it was kinda impossible to mess up their personalities in this chapter, which is a good thing for me.
May I also note that this is my first major production that I've put on the Fan Fiction site. Constructive criticism is more then welcome.
This story starts at the beginning of Issue #30, and ends about the same time as the other stories in the introduction year/year zero. Other stories in this series are as follows.
Introduction
The Phone Call
A Job Add, A Criminal, and a Date
Telling You in Life is Better
Hidden Life
The Trouble I'm In
Terra 1
Learning to Fall Then Love (the story you're reading now)
Now on with the story
She sat on the bed the picture frame on her lap, thinking about him; he sat on his bed thinking about her and what had happened.
“Your fault? Vic leaves me in charge for five minutes, and I let us get ambushed by Charles Manson Junior. Ow.” Gar reached for his back where Sebastian had earlier grabbed him.
Raven looked at the scratches. They were deep, very deep. She made a move to touch him, to heal him, to ease his pain. “You're hurt.”
“That damn kid needs to cut his fingernails.” He turned around and grabbed her hand. He should have known better; he knew Raven would want to heal him.
“I might be able to heal it.” She wanted to help him. Why wouldn't he let her?
“Save it.” He didn't want her to make his pain her own. He could deal with it. It didn't hurt that bad; Raven didn't need to take any of his pain. She had been through enough. She was going through some hard stuff now, especially since Sebastian was alive again.
Why wouldn't she let her help him? She had helped him before. “I just... I want you to be okay.” She pulled her blue hood back onto her shoulders.
He looked down into her beautiful purple eyes. “I will be.”
She looked almost scarred of him now. What did I do? “What?”
His eyes are handsome, she thought. She then noticed that she was getting closer to him, so close that all of a sudden their lips met. Raven instinctively put her hand on Garfield's neck pulling him slightly closer. What is Garfield thinking about this... wait... is he kissing me back? Does he love me?
(END)
“Cassie. Take charge. Keep Blood busy so he can't do anymore rituals or spells or whatever. Raven and I are going for a little trip to see about closing the door between life and death.” Garfield grabbed Raven's arm and mentally got ready to go.
“You should stay. You would not know up from down in the afterlife.” She didn't want him to get hurt, but part of her wanted him to be with her.
“But you do right? Consider me moral support. Now, let's go!” Man, he thought, I wish I could tell her that I'd go anywhere with her. Maybe he could; she did kiss him in the morgue. He had to ask her about it, and he had to ask now.
There was a flash of lighting, and all of a sudden, Garfield was falling down through a vast, empty, area of space. Raven sped down, hands outstretched, trying to grab Garfield. They were both stretching, stretching towards each other and finally their fingers intertwined. She put her arms around his neck while he slipped his own arm around her waist.
Garfield looked at her. Now was a good a time as any. “Ummm, about what happened in the morgue...”
“Yes,” she interrupted. What am I going to say to him?
“Was that for real?” He prayed silently that it was.
Yes, yes, her heart screamed to him. But instead she said, “We're here. The crossroads. I can feel the convergence of souls. The doorway to the beyond is this way.” She shot off towards it.
Garfield morphed into a bird and followed her. “Way to avoid the question. Look, if it was one of those `We're going to die, I need to kiss someone' things, that's cool. I've been in those situations before. It's why I avoid eye contact with Firehawk.”
She couldn't lie to him. “It was... what I wanted to do.”
He woke up; he had gone to sleep without knowing it.I have to talk to Raven, find out what she meant.
She listened harder; yes, footsteps were coming up the hall. She laid the picture of Garfield underneath her pillow as she lay down and shut her eyes.
Garfield looked into Raven's room; she was asleep. I'll talk to her later, he thought,heading back to his room.