Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Learning to Fall then Love ❯ Raven + Beast Boy= True Love ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Garfield + Raven True Love
She finished the algebra problem. Only nineteen more to go, she thought. All of a sudden, she heard a knock at the door. She answered. It was Garfield.
“Hi,” he said.
“Hi,” she answered, “Do you-“
“Can I-,” they both said at the same time.
“You can go first,” she said to Garfield.
“Can I come in for a moment?"
“Sure.” She held the door open for him.
He looked at the desk that was piled with books and papers. “Homework?”
She nodded. “My math teacher assigned a lot of homework for the weekend.” What was he doing here?
“I could come back later, if you're really busy, that is.”
“It's ok, you can sit down.” She motioned to the bed. He sat, and Raven sat down beside him.
Better now then never, he thought. “Raven, why did you kiss me?”
Raven could feel the heat coming to her face; he wanted to talk about what had happened in the morgue. “I already answered your question, Garfield. I wanted to.”
“I know you already told me that, Raven. I mean, why did you want to? I want to know. I need to know.”
“Garfield, I do not understand my own feelings. I cannot answer your question.”
“Tell me what you feelings are.”
“I-- Garfield, I do not--”
“You're uncomfortable talking about them.”
“Yes.”
Garfield put his arm around her and pulled her close to him, and then he kissed her softly. “If you're afraid of talking about your feelings because of that, don't worry. I wont do anything that you don't want me to. Anything that we're not ready for. You just have to talk to me. I'll understand. I'm scared too, Raven. My heart's been broken, too.”
“I'm not ready for that, Garfield.”
“I understand, but for now... would you maybe be ready to go to a musical and dinner with me? I have two tickets,” he said pulled out and envelope from his back pocket, “that I happened to win to the Phantom of the Opera, and it seems a shame to waste one.”
“I didn't know you liked musicals.”
I don't, he thought, but he just smiled.
“When?”
“Tomorrow night.”
“Yes, I will go with you, Garfield.”
Garfield leaned in for another kiss but Raven stopped him. “I need to finish my homework.”
“Ok,” he replied. They walked to Raven's door together. “See you tomorrow, then.” He leaned in to try to kiss her again, and this time Raven didn't stop him. “You didn't have kiss me.”
“I know. It was what I wanted to do.”
Garfield smiled as he walked out the door; outside Bart was standing in the hall and trying to act very innocent. Garfield smiled. He didn't care.
The only reason this has Phantom of the Opera in it, is because I'm now totally addicted to it.