Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Learning to Fall then Love ❯ Date Night ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Story: Learning to Fall then Love
Chapter 3: Date Night
By: TTWildfireX
A/N- Sorry it took me so long to get this up but I wanted to start on my current story. I do not own the song. Keep the song in my mind though you might be able to connect to the story in some way. :)
She capped her lipstick and laid it down on her dresser. Maybe this is to soon they both had to be stressed with Conner being dead and Tim and Cassie leaving. She shook her head, she was just nervous that was it. It was her first date. She was just looking for a way to not go. There was a knock at her door she answered it. It was Garfield, here to pick her up.
“Are you ready to go,” he asked her.
“Yeah,” they walked downstairs passing the sitting room.
“Have fun you to love birds,” Bart called.
“There not love birds. It's just their first date,” Mia argued.
“Are too, Raven is a raven and Garfield can be any type of bird…including ravens.”
Raven saw Mia roll her eyes as Garfield and Raven walked out into the cool early spring weather. Garfield opened the passenger door to his green jaguar and then shut it behind her. The radio started to play, Garfield made a move to turn it off, but Raven shook her head. She wanted it on; she liked to listen to it.
KID ROCK
Livin' my life in slow hell.
Different girl every night at the hotel.
I ain't seen the sun shine in three damn days.
Been fuelin' up on cocaine and whiskey.
Wish I had a good girl to miss me.
Lord, I wonder if I'll ever change my ways.
I put your picture away.
Sat down and cried today.
I can't lok at you while I'm lying, next to her.
Repeat
SHERYL CROW
I called you last night in the hotel.
Everyone knows, but they won't tell.
But their half-hearted smiles tell me somethin', just ain't right.
I've been waiting on you for long time.
Fuelin' up on heartaches and cheap wine.
I ain't heard from from you in three damn nights.
I put your picture away.
I wonder where you've been.
I can't look at you while I'm lying, next to him.
Repeat
I saw you yesterday with an old friend.
KID ROCK
It was the same old same "how have you been?".
BOTH
Since you've been gone my world's been, dark and gray.
KID ROCK
You remined me of brighter days
SHERYL CROW
I hoped you were coming home to stay.
I was headed to church.
KID ROCK
I was off the drink you away!
BOTH
I thought about you for a long time.
Can't seem to get you off my mind.
I can't understand why we're livin', life this way.
I found your picture today.
I swear I'll change my ways.
I just called to say "I want you, to come back home.".
Repeat
I just called to say "I love you, come back home.".
Garfield pulled into the restaurant, Country Buffet, “I wasn't sure what you liked. This restaurant has a little bit of everything.”
“This is fine.”
They walked out of the car and into the restaurant and sat down, after a few minutes they both had gotten their food. Garfield looked at her, he wanted to know more about her childhood but he didn't know if she would tell him. She picked up her napkin and wiped her mouth, took a few bites, then wiped her mouth again.
“So are you enjoying yourself so far?”
“Yes, I am. I really enjoy spending time with you.” I love you Garfield.
“Ummm…yea.”
“You don't have to be nervous Garfield. I love you for who you are.
I can't hide anything from her. He smiled. I really love her too. I wish she knew how much.
(END)
Garfield watched the musical as he fought to not put his arm around Raven. Raven also watched the musical intently but every few minutes her eyes would slide to another young couple sitting in front of them. The boyfriend had wrapped his arm around her. She looked at Garfield; he was nervously moving his hand from the armrest, then down to his lap, then back onto the armrest. She put her arm on his, he looked at her, so she nodded her head then removed her hand. He must have gotten the message because he then put his arm around her shoulders.
(END)
Raven and Garfield stood outside of Raven's bedroom door; every one else was in bed.
“I don't want this to sound like I'm wanting to make a move on you or anything, but if you have trouble sleeping tonight you can come one over to my room, and I'll try to help you.”
“I appreciate that Garfield,” she raised her head upward and kissed him gently on the lips, “I really enjoyed my time with you,” she smiled. “Good night.” She slipped into her bedroom and quietly shut the door with a small snap.
A/N-Ok no more of this fluffy romance stuff. It's time to get to the meat of the story. Oh, if you're wondering the title of the song, “Pictures.” Now on to the next chapter once I get it up.