Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of the Kuro Battousai ❯ Wrath of the Kuro Battousai ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Odelia watched the duel in great interest. Even if the first boy, who seemed to be this Joey, seemed to be down at first, his friends encouraged him to keep fighting. Odelia was amazed at the wondrous friendship that apparently kept Joey fighting.
It activated something strange inside her. Emotion took her and tears suddenly began to appear and lightly slid from her cheeks. Memories filled with pain and loneliness kicked in and the more she remembered, the more she felt. The memories felt like burning iron to her.
While she was silent with tears, the tree right by Joey started to glow black. Joey’s friends noticed it and made the brunette girl scream.
“Joey! Look Out! Behind you!” the little boy with porcupine hair yelled.
“Huh?” Joey said confused.
He turned and suddenly recognized with shock and horror as the tree behind him started to tilt and fell; it was going to fall on Joey!
“Holy shit!” he yelled and he ran out of the way. The continue its course to the ground.
“What the hell happened?!” Seto yelled in outrage.
Odelia gasped silently and shook away the tears. Her sad eyes quickly turned into surprise.
“Not again! Azawreth Metrion Zinthos!” She chanted in a whisper.
The black energy pulled the tree back up from the ground and replanted it into the earth in its natural tall and erect position.
--
~~*Odelia’s P.O.V.*~~
Shimatta! That was close! I didn’t want to be seen, yet. I sighed and resumed watching the duel.
Joey relaxed after the brief catastrophe with a sigh and summoned the Red Eyes Black Dragon–A powerful black dragon with eyes that looked like they were nothing more than rubies.
“Red Eyes --- destroy the Rapid Horseman!” he commanded.
The Red Eyes blasted away the horseman easily with its fiery breath. The duel had gotten interesting, but Kaiba didn’t seem at all scared.
“Now I summon the Blue Eyes White Dragon!” He yelled. At the master duelist’s call, another dragon appeared, slightly bigger than Red Eyes with light silver-blue and white coloring and sapphire eyes. The Black Dragon with ruby red eyes may have been powerful, but its power still paled to the new, Blue Eyes White Dragon standing before it.
It obliterated the Red Eyes Black Dragon with ease with its white lightning attack.
Kaiba laughed at Joey for his defeat. Joey fell to his knees, growling in defeat.
“No,” He grumbled in failure, “I lost.”
--
~~*Kaiba P.O.V.*~~
I laughed at Joey’s humiliating defeat against me. That mutt will now think twice before he decides to challenge me at another game of Duel Monsters–or at least I hope so–if he ever does think, that is.
I saw him fall till he was kneeling on one of his knees, like the dirty dog he is....
“Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! That was an amazing duel, that it was!” a strange voice echoed.
I turned in surprise at the sound of this new voice.
It was a dark, cold, feminine voice; so cold that I felt shivers running up my spine. It sounded a bit demonic, like if a female devil was talking to me....
And by the looks of Yugi and the others–Joey was up on his feet looking pale as a sheet, like if he had just seen a ghost–they could hear the new girl’s voice too.
“Who are you?! Show yourself!” I angrily ordered.
“Ph. Seems like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, that you have,” The dark voice said to me.
“Who are you?!” I asked her again.
“Oh! How rude of me...”
Suddenly, I was going to get my command earlier granted–a huge shadow-like hole appeared and a person slowly rose from the hole. The master of the demonic voice belonged to....
“...I am the Kuro Hitokiri Battousai, the Manslayer, that I am,” The cold voice introduced.
Title:Wrath of the Kuro Battousai! Demon in Girl’s Clothing!
--
A girl?!’ I got all worked up about this girl–wait!
She’s not a normal girl, stupid! Did you see how she appeared out of that portal?!
Okay, so the voice in my mind was right, this girl was not normal–not at all. I looked upon her physical features; she, of course, did not have a normal girl’s physical features. The girl’s skin was pale grayish white, her legs and arms were very skinny and a bit boney as if this girl hadn’t eaten in months, fairly and slightly abnormally large breasts for her apparent age (I guessed she was 15), and under the hood of her cloak I could see some blood red bangs and violet blue eyes...
But they weren’t a normal girl’s eyes, oh no: they were dark, cold, and empty as if her eyes were like caves. The girl’s eyes were full of unknown hatred, eternal sorrow, and emotionless darkness.
I could also see a strange, violet glint coming from her forehead–but it vanished with the blink of my eyes.
This Battousai didn’t dress like normal girls either: A dark red cloak that matched the girl’s red hair, a black, long sleeved leotard, and tabis at reached halfway to her knee along with a pair of worn out zoris.
The girl looked at me with insulted eyes, “What are you looking at, ecchi? I believe that you shouldn’t be staring at women like that, that you should not.”
“And you shouldn’t be playing surprises and being a show-off that YOU should not,” I shot back, reminding her about when she suddenly came right out from the ground, surprising me.
“Summasen but I have a job to do,” The girl said with a Japanese bow, “That I do.” “What? And what does it have to do with me?” I asked coldly, “I really didn’t have time to waste having a chat session with a strange girl wearing weird clothes.
“Simple, I have to kill you.”
“Whatever.”
She suddenly vanished with the blink of my eyes. The next thing I knew, I could hear the sudden whistling of wind. I ducked and quickly rolled away, only to see the Kuro Battousai standing exactly where I was just earlier with an unsheathed katana in her hands.
“Hm... you’re not that bad, Kaiba-sama,” The woman purred with interest, “This will be interesting, that it will.”
“Prepare yourself! Haaah!” She screamed as she ran at me like a charging bull. I sidestepped the charge, grabbed her by her wrist, and used the force of her own charge to toss her to the ground.
“You’re not so tough,” I mused.
“Really, Seto Kaiba,” the girl answered. “You underestimate me greatly, that you have.”
“Then come at me again,” I challenged, shifting into an aikido stance and beckoning her silently. To my immense satisfaction, she launched herself into the air and let loose with a spinning kick that actually caught me by surprise, hitting me in my chest … right where I kept the locket with Mokuba’s picture in it. ‘You’d better not have broken that, or I swear I’ll take you down hard.’
“I don’t think I kicked your treasure that hard, Kaiba,” the female remarked remorsefully, “Gomen-nasai!”
I didn’t take the time to ask her how she knew about that, figuring that would be time better spent on kicking her rear end. So I went after her with a kick of my own, which she caught. However, I swung my other leg up to kick her, but she blocked that.
“You’re good,” I remarked. Then I smirked. “But I’m better.” To demonstrate that, I flipped out of her grip … or would have had she not grabbed my trench coat, which was too long for my own good, I suddenly realized. Fortunately, I never allowed myself to be trapped in a corner with no way out, so I simply slipped my arms out of the coat before she could ensnare me.
“Clever boy,” The Kuro Battousai remarked, “That you are.”
“Thanks,” I answered. I reached behind my back and withdrew a pair of sais. The girl answered by drawing a samurai’s katana. “Wait a minute … the sharp edge is on the wrong side! How are you going to kill me with that?”
“Correction, Kaiba,” the assassin replied. “I have other means of killing at my disposal. Besides, just because the blade is on the wrong side, doesn’t mean I can’t kill you with it, I just have to flip it over on the sharp side.”
Then she charged and slashed at me. While the slash didn’t cut me, an arc of hard black light slammed into me and sent me flying into a tree. My back ached, but it wasn’t actually broken.
“What kind of trick was that?” I asked.
“No trick,” the girl replied, “Simply compressed air and my own power, that it is.”
I readied my sais and charged at the girl, fighting her head on. She swung at me again with her reverse-blade sword and I caught it between my sais, then kicked her in the stomach. The girl let out a harsh gasp of surprise as she stumbled back. I pressed my advantage, slicing at her with my sais in such a way that even if I missed, the compressed air would pummel her.
“No more playing around,” I heard her whisper and then she slammed her sword onto the ground, sending a rippling wave of blackness through the ground straight at me and knocking me to the ground.
Yami Hiten Mitsurugi Style,” The Kuro Battousai cried, “KARASU RYU SHIN HA!”
The next thing I knew, the hard black light returned on her sword as she stabbed it into air. I could see tiny beams of energy shoot out from her sword, the shape of tiny ravens, aiming towards me.
I quickly got to my feet and began moving about in an attempt to dodge. The raven-like attacks however followed me. I stooped and went into a defense stance in an attempt to fight of the ravens.
But the strange bird-look energies went past my defense and strait into my legs, my arms, my chest, my head, and my groin. I was sent to the ground with pain all over my body, while the feminine killer laughed proudly for her strange attack.
“Damn,” I remarked, as I weakly got to my feet, “You really are good.”
“Domo arigato,” the Battousai responded. “You are better than I had anticipated, that you are.”
“Of course,” I answered. “I’m the best.”
“You truly think so, Seto Kaiba?” the girl asked before shouting, “Ryu-Tsui-Sen!” As she shouted, she jumped high into the air and then slammed her sword down on me, or rather, my crossed sais. Using the seconds of time I’d bought myself, I kicked her squarely in the stomach, causing her to gasp out most of her breath. Then I pursued my opening, swinging my sais in flashes of a speed that most people would think of as otherworldly, each slash connecting and cutting her. However, I made a serious error, although I was not going to confess it to anyone.
I cut her forehead.
When I did, I noticed something small and purple fly out from underneath the shadow of her hood. I looked at it for an instant, but another instant after that, I heard the rumblings of a growl that didn’t sound human at all. I looked away from the violet sparkle and saw that it was the girl–the Kuro Hitokiri Battousai, but her hood was off, revealing wild crimson hair and hellish blue irises with blood-colored sclera. Her mouth was filled with fangs, the canine teeth being the longest of them all and her black-painted nails were now black-painted claws.
“What the hell are you?!” I breathed out, utterly horrified by the savage creature the young woman had become.
The girl’s only response was to lunge for my throat, moving so quickly that even I was taken by surprise. The next thing I knew, I was bleeding from my chest and the Duel Monsters card locket where I kept Mokuba’s picture had been sliced off my neck.
“Damn it,” I snarled as I desperately attempted to fend off the mad girl’s attacks. Fortunately for me, the girl’s attacks were wild and unfocused–Unfortunately for me, I couldn’t predict when or where she’d strike. Finally, I started spinning with my sais out, figuring the speed of my spinning and the blades would serve as an adequate defense.
I figured wrong, as she slipped past my barrier and started slashing at me with her claws. I tried my best to block her, but she kept slipping past my guard. If I didn’t stop her soon, my clothes and skin would be nothing but bloody ribbons.
‘Dammit!’ I thought. ‘I’m sick of playing defense–Time to go on the offensive.’
I started attacking, slashing at her viciously. She still managed to get in some hits, but this time, I was getting in hits of my own. Finally, I struck her in the forehead with the hilt of the sai in my right hand.
Somehow, that worked, as her crazed demonic eyes rolled up in the back of her head and she fell unconscious. Her body hit the ground hard and I heard her grunt.
I looked around our fighting area, catching a glimpse of Yugi and his friends with their mouths wide opened. I didn’t give a damn about those five; I was looking for something more important–and far more precious to me...
Then, I found it–my locket of Mokuba! It was lying beside a tiny patch of flowers, small little, lilac-colored flowers....
Along with something else...
....Something....
......Interesting......
Beside my dear locket was some sort of gem. It looked nothing more then a marble made completely out of amethyst. I looked at it carefully and I could swear there was some sort of letter on there.... some crazy-looking “S.” There was a little blood on it too.I reached out and grabbed my necklace, carefully stuffing it in my coat pocket. Then I reached out to grab the stone, my fingers just barely touched the strange stone....
The Jeweled Eye of Scath...” A young woman whispered–but her voice did not belong to the Kuro Battousai, nor did it belong to that girl Téa.
Scath...” The very word burned itself onto my very skull.
“The gem was born of evil’s fire... The gem shall be his portal. He comes to claim, he comes to sire the end of all things mortal.” A harsh voice whispered.
“The gem was born of evil’s fire. Then gem shall be his portal,” My mind soon chanted, now transfixed by the strange words whispering into my head without the use of my ears, “He comes to claim, he comes to sire the end of all things mortal.”
The words grew more and more louder. I was scared that if they didn’t stop, my head would actually explode from all this pressure those damn words made.
“He comes to claim, he comes to sire the end of all things mor–!”
“Kaiba?”
I blinked and turned my head, Yugi was staring directly at me with those big, violet eyes.
“Are you alright? You seem to be... in a trance...” Yugi said, sounding worried.
I glared at him darkly.
A trance?!’ I thought indignantly, ‘There is no such thing as hypnosis, or trances, or any of that bullshit!’
But the other part of my mind was still transfixed over Scatch and whatever the demonic voice said. The words continued over and over, and I couldn’t seem to forget it–no matter how much it hurt and it burned when the words repeated over and over again.
“I’m fine,” I growled to Yugi, as I picked up the weird gem, “Perfectly fine!”
“What are you gonna do with the girl?” He said as he turned his head towards the unconscious assassin that almost killed me.
I turned my head towards her too, realizing the strange mark on her forehead....
A hole.
I quickly blinked. The sudden gleam when I first saw her, the purple glint that appeared after I cut her forehead, this stone, the hole in her forehead.... It all makes sense! This is a charka and it was in her head..... And it was probably the reason why she is all..... Wild.......
“She’s coming with me...” I said darkly, “I have a few questions for her that need some answering.”
I stuffed the gem in my pants pocket and walked towards the Kuro Battousai. She still had the appearance of a wild animal–long claws now stained with my blood, the huge fangs, and the her hair looking messy like some blood-thirsty monster.
I grabbed the girl and flung her on my shoulders–not a gentleman’s way of carrying a woman but then again she did try to slaughter me.... I heard her let out a small, grunt-like growl.
I began walking away with the girl–completely ignoring that damn Yugi Motou and his little cheerleaders–until I was far away from them in the deep forest, without having any second thoughts on turning back.
--
~~*Normal P.O.V.*~~
Yugi and the others watched silently as Kaiba walked away from them the battlefield and into the forest, to vanish within the foliage.
“Kaiba sure acted weird earlier,” Tristan finally said, “Did you hear what he was saying?”
“Uhhhhh..... Yeah, someting about.... ‘scabs?’” Joey said, scratching the back of his head and filling his hand with his messy blond hair.
“He said ‘Scatch,’ Joey,” Téa corrected, “And did you guys here what else he said?”
Ryou nodded. He then repeated the words Kaiba had said, “The gem was born of evil’s fire. The gem shall be his portal.
He come to claim, he comes to sire the end of all things mortal,” Yugi finished, “This gem.... could it be yet another Millennium Item?”
Joey looked utterly terrified as he hugged himself and began trembling in fear. “Man, dat sounded like some sorta “end of da world” ting!”
Yugi began wondering about this so called “Gem” as well as the strange girl that came after Kaiba.
“Do you think the Kuro Battousai was hired by Pegasus?” Yugi pondered out loud.
Tristan turned his head towards the castle with a dark glare on his eyes. Her growled angrily under his breath with a clenched fist shaking in the air, “I wouldn’t doubt it.... The no good creep! Let a woman do the dirty work, how low can you go?!”
“Yes but,” Bakura quickly interjected, “Did you also see the way she was acting not too long ago when Kaiba cut her forehead? She seemed pretty dangerous to me...”
“Yeah,” Joey agreed, “Man was she one bad gal! She definitely kicked Kaiba’s ass all around.”
“She certainly did, but–!” Bakura try to interject before Téa beat him to it.
“But what if she comes after Yugi?!” Téa thought with horror.
Joey panicked big time, “What ‘bout me?!”
Meanwhile Yugi... was looking towards the castle.... pondering...
--
I’m worried... what if Pegasus wants to eliminate the Kuro Battousai too? What if that gem Kaiba holds really is a Millennium Item? I think both Kaiba and this Black Battousai are in great danger....
--
~~*To Be Continued*~~
--
Kristen: Finally! Chapter 2 is complete! *Raises a Applause sign*
People: *Applaud*
Kristen: And please give a hell lot of claps for Kokuryu for his work on the battle between Odelia and Seto Kaiba–for he is the greatest at making fight scenes! YOU GO, KOKURYU!!!
People
: *Applaud and cheer loudly for Kokuryu*
Kristen: And please be sure to check some of his work too! He is a member of both ff.net and mm.org! Anyway, until next time, ja ne!

Glossary:
Shimatta-Damn it
Tamis-Japanese socks... they’re like regular toe socks only they have one toe for the largest toe (The “thumb” toe, I call it) on the human foot.
Zoris-Japanese sandals (Usually made of wood) that look like they have some heels on them.Sama-same thing as “san.” Used like “Mr.” or “Mrs.” In terms of respect
Ecchi-Pervert
Summasen/Gomen-nasai-sorry
Domo arigato-thank you