Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of the Kuro Battousai ❯ Kaiba Helps Out ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

If you are near to the dark
I will tell you 'bout the sun
You are here, no escape
From my visions of the world
You will cry all alone
Butit does not mean a thing to me
 
Knowing the song I will sing
Till the darkness comes to sleep
Come tome, I will tell
'bout the secret of the sun
It's in you, not in me
But it does not mean a thing to you
 
The sun is in your eyes
The sun is in your ears
I hope you see the sun
Someday in the darkness
 
The sun is in your eyes
The sun is inyour ears
But you can't see the sun
Ever in the darkness
 
It does not much matter to me
 
If you are near to the dark
I will tell you 'bout the sun
You are here, no escape
From my visions of the world
You will cry all alone
But it does not mean a thing to me
 
Knowing the song I will sing
Till the darkness comes to sleep
Come to me, I will tell
'bout the secret of the sun
It's in you, not in me
But it does not mean a thing to you
Aura by Emily Brindiger (From .Hack//Sign)
------------
Title: Kaiba Helps Out, The Jeweled Eye of Scath
--
Kaiba finally laid his assassin on a soft patch of grass, releasing yet one more growl-like grunt from deep within her throat. He pulled of the hood of her blood red cloak to reveal her face.
`There must be some explanation,' The powerful CEO thought, `To all these hallucinations.'
He continued glaring at the woman—even after an hour she was still in that hellish, demonic state: the wild blood-colored hair, her long claws now stained in Kaiba's coagulated blood, her canines that nearly reminded him of a saber-toothed tiger, the strange markings—almost like tattoos—running across her whole body, and her husky-like voice. He would bet a million dollars that the Kuro Battousai still had those gruesome blue eyes with crimson scleras.
The cold-hearted CEO pulled out the beautiful marble-shaped gem from his pocket and looked at it once more. He felt as though his brain was thrown into a torturous fire, to make Seto Kaiba's mind was squirming in pain and screaming loudly as molten metal was poured over it. Then Kaiba could her his brain release a throb-like pain as each syllable of the strange spell continued its ever chant:
“The gem was born of evil's fire; the gem shall be his portal... He comes to claim, he comes to sire the end of all things mortal...”
But he shook away the silly thoughts.
`Damn it, Kaiba, get a hold of yourself!' His voice scowled in his head, `It's that stupid rock in your hands—it's driving you mad again!'
And so Kaiba regained his stern composure and gazed at the Kuro Battousai who lay forgotten on the soft grass bedding. He finally realized that it was after the stone was lost is when she went mad. And the hole in her head... it must have meant the charka was actually implanted in her head.
How in the world does this weird gem keep her from transforming into some ferocious beast?—Hell if he had a clue but maybe putting the purple gem back in will change her back.
“Worth a try,” he muttered with a shrug of his shoulders.
He sat on his knees beside the redhead, jewel at hand, and brushed away her wild bangs with his other hand. Kaiba ignored his neurons' messages on how soft her hair was and continued the task at hand. He carefully laid the crystal over the hole in her head and pushed in gently.
The Kuro Battousai moaned softly in pain from the intrusion and squint her eyes. Her voice no longer sounded husky and low like the growl of a dangerous wolf, but much softer and lighter like a normal, human girl. Her long, black-painted claws retracted to the size of regular finger nails, just barely past her fingertips. The teeth soon shrank and dulled from the teeth of a saber-tooth tiger to normal human teeth. The markings on the Battousai's gravestone gray-colored body soon melted away.
“Uhhh...” She moaned.
The assassin moved her head to the side while her eyes screwed up—whether in pain, or if trying to wake, or if having a nightmare. The CEO got back to his knees and brushed the dirt of from his back legs. He walked calmly towards the shimmering and kneeled toward it, pulling out a clean cloth from his jacket, and dipped the small towel into the calm water.
Seto heard her moan in stirring and turn over again, the red haired assassin's face staring unconsciously at the stars of the night. As the president of Kaiba Corporation came near her, he studied her features more precisely now that he had the chance to—now that he had the chance to really see what he was up against.
Using his long, cool fingers in one hand, he slowly entangled them within the assassin's crimson bangs and pushed them aside to reveal her forehead. Once he was done that task, he used his other hand—the one holding the clothe—to gently stroke her forehead like a father would with his daughter when she would catch a fever. The cold-hearted man soon realized this woman was only a teenager his age—she was so young but yet, she looked so old, like if she had been through an eternity in hell. Her face looked sad, like if she had been crying a lot and for a long time. The young woman's cheeks were soft to Seto's touch and she continued moving her face away from his touch. While one hand seemed to have been hypnotized to just constantly stroke Odelia's forehead in some weird motion with the damp fabric while his other hand was more interested in exploring the girl's features.... like this was to first time they had actually touched a creature such as her.
The girl moaned some more and awoke. Her eyelids slowly opened to gaze into the cold CEO's sapphire eyes. Her eyes had change, her scleras were now a normal white color instead of blood red and her irises were a blue/violet color instead of that horrible bright blue color.
“Where am I?” The assassin-for-hire asked dully.
Kaiba looked at her emotionless as he answered her question, “You're with me. You lost the fight and I took you here so I can get some answers.”
“Huh?” With a lazy roll of her eyes, The Kuro Hitokiri Battousai asked, “Like what?”
She was suddenly grabbed by the tight color of her leotard and was staring directly into sapphire.
“Like,” Seto Kaiba began coldly, “Who are you, where did you come from, and why you're here trying to kill me?”
“Pfft! I don't need to tell you my name or where I come from and I'm here tying to kill you because Pegasus hired me to do so,” Odelia answered back coldly, “That he did.”
“You're name. NOW!” Kaiba ordered.
“Hell no.”
Kaiba was not in the mood to her it but then again he's usually never in the mood.
“Talk or I'll force you to.”
But the girl just went on, “Ieie.”
The rest of the interrogation was like this: very little answers, arguments, mild cursing from both sides in Japanese and English, and a whole lot of frustration.
“Augh!” Kaiba rubbed his temples.
This woman was giving him a horrible headache now. He asked her everything—from the question: “What's you favorite color?” to “How long have you been an assassin-for-hire?”—but this damn girl only told him why she's here trying to kill him.
“That's it! I can't take this anymore!”
The CEO finally slapped that wet clothe on the grass and stomped towards the lake to think and to cool down. He splashed the cool water across his face and washed off the dry blood from his face and cleaned up his cuts on his cheeks.
He never noticed the young female sitting beside, gazing at herself through her aquatic reflection. She picked up a rock and threw it like a Frisbee; the rock skipped across the lake ten times and sank.
Seto looked at her skeptically then picked up a rock. He gave it a shot, throwing it across the lake—he beat Battousai's record for his own rock skipped fifteen times.
“You win, that you have.”
Kaiba merely huffed and said boastfully, “I always do. After all, I am the best.”
The Kuro Hitokiri Battousai merely rolled her eyes and continued gazing at the lake.
“The marble,” Kaiba said, changing the subject, “The amethyst marble I found. What is it? Why do you have that thing in your head?”
“Oro?” Odelia said, but then blinked as she recognized the questions, “Oh. This?”
She pointed at the purple gem in her forehead and looked at Kaiba questioningly, Kaiba nodded.
“It keeps me from going mad so I have to wear it always—like ka—!” She cut of and looked away, adding softly, “Like she had to, that she did.
But Kaiba did not like the answer, it was not very specific, “But what is it?!”
But the girl continued looking away, her face solemn and frightened.
“It's The Jeweled Eye of Scath, that it is.
The CEO noticed her fear.
“Something happen?” Kaiba asked in an unmoved way.
“It protects me from Him,” Odelia began in a meek voice, “That it does. He did this to my mother, my sister, and I—put this curse on us. I have to wear this jewel or He'll find me. And it keeps my own demon blood in check.
“`Him?'” Kaiba inquired, “Who's `Him?'”
Odelia continued, looking at Seto with fearful eyes,
“H—he was a terrible man... He tricked my grandma with a false disguise and raped her not once—buttwice... Little kusotare! And made my family what they are now... kawaridane... kijo... outcasts to humanity... And cursed us with a destiny unforgivable...”
“Hmph,” Kaiba said, “I refuse to believe this destiny shit.
“There are a lot of things you wouldn't believe about me if I told you...” Odelia continued on, sounding ever sadder.
She threw a rock near the ducks coming by, nearly hitting but wouldn't, and she looked at her rippled reflection.
She soon sang, but only a bit:
--
The sun is in your eyes
The sun is in your ears
I hope you see the sun
Someday in the darkness
 
The sun is in your eyes
The sun is in your ears
But you can't see the sun
Ever in the darkness
--
“Strange,” Kaiba thought, “That is how I feel.”
“Really?” Odelia said coldly, “You're nothing like me.... and there are a lot of things you wouldn't believe about me if I told you.....”
“You said that twice,” Kaiba interjected.
Then his voice went dark and cold, “And my patience is running out.”
He suddenly grabbed Odelia by her neck without warning and hauled her into the air.
“I would be interested in hearing more of your amusing story,” Kaiba continued on with a low, growling voice, “But I'm in a hurry.
Tell me the route you came out of the castle, NOW!
“H-H-Huh?” Odelia gasped in surprise.
I know you didn't come out the front door. I heard it was for duelist participants only and they had to win ten starchips. You don't have a duelist glove on, so you must have been able to enter and exit a different way. Tell me!”
“I—I—I—” Odelia tried to talk, but his grip was too strong, “I... can't... breathe—!
“TELL ME!!!” Kaiba's grip tightened around her throat.
“…S—Stop…” Odelia gasped weakly. She then began chanting in a weird language, “Asawreth Metrion Zinthos!”
The red-head fell on the ground with gasps, coughs, and wheezes for air. She had to admit the cold-hearted son of a gun had a very strong grip, even if he was only about her age. A little too strong, in that matter—since he was only seconds away from practically killing her.
“It's—” But Odelia broke into a few coughs before continuing, “It's about eastward from where you had your duel with that boy—Joey. Then you will see two pillars covered in moss, go to the pillar on the left and there'll be a small stairway leading into the dungeon…”
Kaiba merely smirked with dominance and turned away.
“There,” He said in his usually cocky voice, “Now was that so hard.”
Odelia coughed a bit more and under her breath, she muttered darkly, “Hiretsukan.”
“Thank you,” Kaiba exclaimed with that dominant and yet now horrid smile, as he turned his head towards Odelia. Odelia gasped and her eyes widen.
He turned away from the girl and left—he had all the info he needed. Now the cold CEO was on his way to Pegasus's castle... on his way to Mokuba...
--
Odelia's P.O.V.
As I watched the shithead walk away... I saw flames... Flames burning... Burning in black darkness.
I no longer saw Seto Kaiba-san—but a tall figure: black hair, a soldier's uniform, and a bundle of clothes in his arms. The soldier turned his head towards me and had hellish smirk across his face.
From his lips, the man spoke coldly towards me, “
Thank you.”
I gasped in horror. It was the man.... who took her away... And he vanished with the bundle—a baby—in the darkness as the flames obscured my sight of them.
--
“Oh—oh...” I began to speak, but my voice was shaken in fear from that horrible vision.
Kaiba turned again and looked down at me with curious eyes.
“Hm?”
I finally gained the courage to speak.
“Odelia—Odelia Azarea Himura—that is my name, that it is.”
I saw my ex-target nod his head with understanding and turned away. He walked on without me.
“It's a beautiful name,” Was the only thing Kaiba said, “Bye.”
I watched as he walked away farther and farther until the trees and shadows hid him.
--
“.......Matane.......”
--
To be Continued...
--
Glossary:
Ieie—no
Oro—Huh/What
Hiretsukan—Bastard
Kawaridanehybrid/mutation/freak
kijodemoness/witch/ female devil
Matane—Good bye/See you later
 
Kristen: Ok. The X-mas present has just been revised, once again. For all of those who are interested in having a Kaiba/Odelia pairing, this little revision has something for ya all to be happy about. Also, I have to edit some parts of the chapter in order to make it match the future chapters. PLEASE LET THIS BE THE FINAL EDIT! Bye.