Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of the Kuro Battousai ❯ A Woman's Smile ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I couldn't tell you why she felt that way,
She felt it everyday.
And I couldn't help her,
I just watched her make the same mistakes again.

What's wrong, what's wrong now?
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It'
s where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.

Open your eyes and look outside, find the reasons why.
You've been rejected, and now you can't find what you left behind.
Be strong, be strong now.
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.

Her feelings she hides.
Her dreams she can't find.
She's losing her mind.
She's fallen behind.
She can't find her place.
She's losing her faith.
She's fallen from grace.
She's all over the place.
Yeah,
oh

She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.

She's lost inside, lost inside...oh oh yeah
She's lost inside, lost inside...oh oh yeah
Nobody's Home by Avril Lavigne
----
Moonlight was still shinning brightly, now that it was in the center of the sky now. It had illuminated many things of Duelist Kingdom—including Kaiba's path to Pegasus's Castle.
Although his body was growing tired and weary, Kaiba's soul and determination were on fire, a fire that would not diminish anytime soon. He kept walking, although his legs were sore and he felt the cuts on them becoming more unbearable.
He suddenly stopped at the sound of leaves scrambling and looked up into the trees. There was a rather large raven there, glaring at the CEO darkly from its perch. The crow gave Kaiba a big, intimidating caw and continued glaring. Strangely enough, Seto grew frightened by the caw as it stared at the raven with wide, bulging eyes—but the caw was not the reason of Kaiba's shock.....
...But the raven's four, blood red eyes....
Seto suddenly felt something otherworldly jerk him towards the raven, like some sort of hand had grabbed a hold of him and was pulling him towards the bird.....
...Then everything went black...
--
A Woman's Smile: Blood Stained Hell
--
Yugi and the others were silent with grief for the rest of the night. Mai was the most silent, realizing Odelia's words from before.... not too long ago....
--
“You would not understand at all . . . and if you did, you would wish you didn't.”
--
Mai looked down sadly, as she continued hearing those words...
“So that's how she felt when I slapped her,” Mai stated sadly, “She thought I was one of those girls....”
But Bakura interjected, “But I think there's more to that girl's pain. Did you notice nobody wanted to come close to her?”
“Yeah, it's as if da girl's got some disease over her dat they don't wanna get!” Joey agreed.
Yugi looked at his puzzle worriedly and thoughtfully.
`Why did my puzzle transport us into her past? Is it some sort of new power? But wouldn't it glow gold then and not black? Maybe the Kuro Battousai has something to do with it.....'
Finally, Yugi spoke aloud, “We should find her. She may be a holder of a Millennium Item or might know something about them... and she could be in great danger...”
“Cuz' I don't think that bastard Pegasus would let her run off after failing to kill Kaiba,” Tristan growled, “Stupid lil'—forcing a woman to do his dirty work then kill her off if she messes up!”
But Joey looked at his friend suspiciously as he hummed a bit with thinking.
“Ya sure ya not in love wit' her? Ya usually can't win a girl even if ya killed yerself for her!” Joey teased, “Remember Ribbon?”
Tristan blushed as his blond buddy had brought up that subject again and growled in frustration.
“Well, what about Mai?! You're trying to impress her and the only thing she's doing is rolling her eyes at your bragging and flirting!”
Joey clanged his teeth and balled his fist, “DAT'S IT!”
He socked Tristan in the face then tackled into him and with that, they 2 started fighting—like two dogs.
Mai and Téa sighed as they watched Joey put the brunette boy in his headlock, then grossing Tristan even more with a wet willy.
“Take dat, ya dolphin freak!”
But Tristan merely flipped over and was about to give him the loogie.
“How about this, you blond-ass monkey!”
The two girls sighed some more as they stopped looking at the disgusting fight.
“Why do men always have to fight?” Téa asked with disgust, “And then they do it with really crude and gross moves?”
Mai sighed and shrugged her shoulders, “Well... You know the old saying, men are from Mars. They sure seem to act like they are out of this world....”
“True,” Téa agreed with a nod.
Yugi and Bakura decided to join in to break up the fight. But as soon as Yugi took one step, he saw the Millennium Puzzle glowing with a black light again.
“It's happening again—!”
But his words were once again cut of as everything became consumed with black light....
--
The gang soon found themselves in a dark room. It took awhile for their eyes to fix into the nearly pitch black... since there was no camp fire to light up the area. And the only sounds now that filled the area were the sounds of rain and the occasional thunder.
Suddenly, a flash of lightning revealed where they were. Bakura was the first to speak.
“We're in somebody's bedroom...”
Joey and Tristan immediately stopped fighting and stood up.
“Man,” Joey exclaimed nervously, “Hope dey don't call da cops!”
Just then, there was the sound of thunder and soon after there was the sound of a baby crying filling the entire room.
Joey jumped and yelped with fright and Tristan began panicking.
“Great, we're busted! Run for it!”
But Mai and Téa caught the boys by the tails of their coats.
“Did you forget? This is one of Odelia's memories—they can't see us, they're just illusions!” Téa scowled.
Joey scratched the back of his head, “I guess we did!”
Téa sighed at her blond and brunette friends and their idiotic ways. Those two always seem to act like fools and get into trouble....
Suddenly there was a groan coming from the darkness of the bed as a figure tried to push itself up. The figure reached for the lamp and began to bring the room a gradual light until the room was as bright as if candles have lit the room. Amidst the dim lights sat up the figure, the blanket falling a bit to reveal its chest—obvious that it was a male as it was flat and lean yet quite muscular. Blood red hair had overflowed his eyes as the man pushed them away to reveal small, almond-shaped blue eyes.
“Wow,” Mai said as she was nearly drooling as she gazed at the man, “Now that's a hunk!”
Téa was also drooling as hearts had replaced her eyes, “Yeah, he's totally hot!”
While the girl's were drooling over this new man, Joey and Yugi were glaring daggers at him with jealousy.
The men however yawned and rubbed his head. His eyes were barely opened.
“Koishii,” He groaned in a soft, tired voice, “Little Odelia-chan is awake.”
There was another yawn; this one belonged to a female. And indeed it was, another figure sat up beside the redhead. The blanket fell to reveal a woman. She had extremely long, violet hair and violet-blue eyes. But unlike the man's bare chest, she had a light violet, silk nightgown on. Now it was Joey's and Tristan's turn to drool—while Bakura and Yugi went red-faced. Mai and Téa however were too busy drooling over the male to notice her.
“Um.... guys,” Yugi softly and shyly interjected, “I think those are the baby's parents...”
“I know,” Mai sighed with defeat as she slouched a bit, “But a girl can dream, right?”
Joey and Tristan, however, grew teary eyed and complained, “Aw man! And she even has dat fine bust!”
The woman turned until her feet were hanging over the edge of the bed and she spoke in a gentle voice, “Of course.”
She stood up, the nightgown had reached to her feet and as she walked, part of her dress seemed to drag along the ground. She walked towards Tristan as he panicked with fear. He was afraid he would bump into him and they be busted—but instead with went right through him! The sudden cold sensations running up his spine made the boy jump up and yelp in surprise, but the woman paid no heed and continued her walk towards the crib. She bent over the crib and held up a small bundle of blankets
Yugi and his friends looked over the woman's shoulders to gaze at the sight of the crying bundle and there eyes widened with shock. A baby's head popped up from the bundle and the cheeks were glimmering in the candlelight with tears. The baby's eyes were blue-violet and there was a scruff of red hair on her head.
“What da—?!” Joey exclaimed in astonish, “Dat kid is dat Kuro Battousai babe! I know it!”
“Yes, she has the same blood red hair as the Kuro Battousai—”But Ryou looked at the man, “And the same blood red hair as him to.”
The woman carried Odelia to the bed and cradled the child close. She laid down the bed and her husband, where they began to comfort to poor infant. However, even with the comfort of her parents, Odelia still began to cry.
“Ah!” The man said with astonishment, “I see what Odelia-Chan is missing...”
He gave his wife a quick kiss and walked towards the cradle, ignoring the intruders just as his wife did. He picked up a stuffed animal, which was a pure white husky dog, and returned to the bed
“She couldn't find sweet, ol' Yuki-Chan when the storm woke her up. She should be happy now.”
The man gave Odelia the dog, in which she hugged tightly and snuggled her head against it. The woman smiled and stroked the baby's head and the husband snuggled close to them.
“Midnight,” He whispered, “She has your lovely eyes.”
The woman, Midnight, giggled a bit with flattery but then added, “And she also has your lovely, blood red hair that I adore so much, Keiji-koi.”
With a small smirk curving across his face, Keiji leaned towards Midnight and kissed her while Odelia fell into a peaceful slumber.
The lightning flashed again and the Millennium Puzzle glowed black.
“What's happening?!” Téa cried out in shock.
“My puzzle—” Yugi exclaimed, “Is taking us to some other place!”
“Not again!” Joey complained.
Everything went black yet again as the very sight of Odelia's family vanished.
--
“Uh.....”
Kaiba grunted a bit as he laid flat on the ground. He slowly clenched his fists on the ground, but something went wrong....
His eyes opened widely as he realized the feel of dirt and possible mud was not evident and looked at the ground. The ground was actually a well-polished floor—like that in an office building and any trace of forest had been utterly erased as the CEO was, indeed, in some office building.
The moonlight glimmered out of the large windows and onto the well, polished surface of floor like moonlight on a fine blade. But the moonlight soon vanished under a veil of dark purple/blue clouds and the sound of rain had revealed to be apparent.
Tap-tap-tap,” was the steady rhythm of rain on the windows, “Boto Bota!”
Kaiba merely shook off the pulse of shower and looked a bit more at his settings.
“Hmph, this must be some kind of trick of Pegasus,” Kaiba affirmed coldly, “Just like that stupid crow. I can't believe I let it startle me.”
Suddenly there was the sound of stabbing and a gurgle—like a person was talking with pudding in their mouth. Then more sounds of stabbing and gurgles ensued for a minute of two. The sounds interested Seto Kaiba as he walked towards the foundation of the dins. Seto's small adventure led him towards some door where the ruckus was loud and booming as thunder. He gently tapped the doorknob, wondering if it was some hologram or illusion, but felt slightly lukewarm brass run up his spine into his nervous system.
“This is either a rather impressive trick,” Kaiba mused quietly out loud, “Or I actually did, somehow, get transported to some office.”
He had a firm grip on the doorknob and turned it aside, the door opened up.
Kaiba let out a gasp and his eyes were wide as plates at the sight he had saw...
The walls and floors were dripping and stained in crimson and bleeding corpses were sitting and leaning against the walls with blood dribbling out their mouths and wounds. There was only one person leaning against the wall that wasn't a corpse or bleeding, merely stained in it. It was a girl with blood red hair.
A rather familiar girl.... with blood red hair.
“Odelia?” He uttered in a soft undertone.
He looked at her with utter revulsion as she noticed most of her body was bathed in utter crimson. What frightened him most was the fact she was smiling about it, and it was a rather ghastly and repulsive. Her blue/violet eyes looked empty and dazed. She seemed so out of spaced out that she never realized the powerful head of Kaiba Corp. walking in front of her and kneeling towards her eye level.
“What is going on?” Kaiba demanded, “What the hell are you doing, sitting there in this mess of blood?!”
But Odelia merely continued staring into nonexistence as she raised her blood-stained hands up into the air and gaped absentmindedly at them.
“I'm sorry...” She finally said.
Kaiba merely raised his eyebrow in perplexity, “Hm? Sorry for what?”
“Look,” she said in a ghastly, happy voice, “Kaasan, Otousan... Look at my hands now.... I dyed my hands in red.... I've become a monster now.... A youkai monster....”
A glimmer of tears spilled down her cheeks as she gazed upon her hands.
“Odelia,” Kaiba gently called as he reached out to touch her face, only for his hand to go right through it. He pulled his hand back and jumped to his feet with surprise, “What the hell?!”
But Odelia continued on, acting as if Seto wasn't even there.
“Miya, I will find you. No matter what, I will find you, imouto-chan. Even if I have to kill everyone in the entire world...”
Kaiba looked at Odelia, staring deeply into her eyes.
Imouto-chan…?” He repeated slowly.
Suddenly a dark hand snatched Kaiba from behind and took him away from Odelia in a matter of seconds.
--
Midnight and Keiji were now standing within a church now, at the end of the fellowship hall. The stained glass windows brightened in red, orange, and gold.
Suddenly the doors banged opened from the other end of the hall and a bunch of men marched hastily in.
“Who are dose guys?” Joey asked softly as they sat on the benches, once again unnoticed by all around them.
“Soldiers,” Ryou answered softly, “They are dressed in soldiers' uniforms. I wonder what they are after...”
The soldiers pointed their guns at the couple and there was a click, ready to fire at any time. Midnight trembled in fear but Keiji held her close. They both looked each other strait in the eyes, knowing death was inevitable. Keiji smiled softly and sweetly while Midnight smiled meekly and her eyes begin glimmering like she was about to cry.
“They're not running away!” Ryou exclaimed in shock.
“And it looks like dere not gonna try and fight too!” Joey exclaimed.
Téa looked at the couple worriedly, “But why—?”
But Yugi spotted the soldiers' fingers on the triggers, beginning to pull them back. Yugi gasped in shock and jumped right out of the bench.
“Yugi, don't!” Téa warned.
The soldiers pulled their triggers all the way and there went a “BANG!” Yugi jumped out in front of the couple, to try and shield them from the bullets. Bullets flew from their guns and soared strait into Yugi. He flinched and squint his eyes—ready to feel hellish pain and possibly death.
But the bullets soared on and on, passing strait through Yugi as if he was only thin air. Yugi sadly realized that this was all an illusion and all things would simply go through him and all people and creatures would not see him.
And so the bullets went past Yugi and strait into Keiji and Midnight. The couple were sent back by the force of the bullets and landed hard on the ground, blood dripping from their chests. They lay next to each other, staring into each other's eyes.
“At least....” Keiji uttered softly and breathily, “... Odelia and Miya are able to get away....”
Yugi, Téa, and the others gasped in shock as they watched the lovers' last breaths.
“Yes... I'm glad...” Midnight whispered, “I just hope they will be far away...”
Keiji slowly outstretched his hand and lay it upon Midnight's, then gently clasped to it.
“Aishiteru, koiishi,” He whispered lovingly with a tiny smile, “I'll see you soon in heaven. And I hope we'll see Odelia and Miya-Chan safe here on this earth.”
Midnight smiled back and uttered gently, “Aishiteru, Keiji-koi.”
Soon their eyes became glassy and their bodies limp. Midnight and Keiji Himura were dead.
Yugi dropped to his knees, crying. Tears spilled so freely from his eyes and he began softly sobbing. Téa gently hugged Yugi and allowed hm to nuzzle close to her.
The puzzle finally glowed black and had swallowed up Yugi and the others into darkness once again.
--
Miya soared along the forest at a fast speed while riding her magical bubble.
“WEEEEE!!!” She screamed in delight, now twirling her bubble, “This is fun!”
She sped past a bunch of unconscious kid but froze. She slowly went reverse and stopped to look at the group of teenagers on the dirt.
“Uh oh!” Miya exclaimed.
She then began twirling again, “Danger Danger! These big people are not sleeping with blankets! They'll get colds! I must tell Shukubo-san and Kory-san! Danger! Danger!”
She jumped off her bubble and shook the shortest of the males. When he wouldn't move, she jumped back on her bubble and flew away as fast as she could.
--
Kaiba lay on the ground, absolutely unconscious. A young girl appeared from the darkness and stood before him, looking down upon him. The woman had blood red hair and blue/violet eyes.
--
Konnichiha, Kaiba-sama...”
--
To be Continued...
--
Glossary:
Chan—yet another way of saying Mr. or Mrs. This is used for young girls/women or little kids in terms of cuteness (It is sometimes used for males in terms of cuteness or teasing)
Koishii—lover/darling/sweetheart
Yuki—(name) snow or lucky
Koi—used like Mr. or Mrs. It is used for lovers
Boto Bota—used in Manga for the sound of rain
Kaasan—mother (with respect)
Otousan—father (with respect)
Youkai—demon/monster
Imouto—little sister
Aishiteru—I love you
Konnichiha—hello
Sama—used like Mr. or Mrs. Like san, it is used for respect for older people or people with more power or in a higher social class
Kris1rad: To all of those who have never even thought about reading the Yu-gi-oh Manga, Ribbon makes her small appearance in Duel (Chapter) 7 of the very 1st novel in Yu-gi-oh. Tristan has a crush on her and—with some of Yugi's help—gives her a very special type of puzzle to her. However, their “evil stepmother queen” of a teacher finds the puzzle and tries to solve the puzzle in order to expel Tristan. So what does Yugi do? He goes to Yami Yugi and transforms the puzzle into the teacher's face (in a way) so that once she solves the puzzle, her face cracks like puzzles to reveal her true and ugly face to all of the class. Sadly enough though, Ribbon says no to being Tristan's girlfriend, poor guy. Of course, Ribbon makes more of an appearance in the unofficial episodes of Yu-gi-oh (Season 0). She wasn't my favorite characters. Also, I got most of Odelia's angst from Hakkai's angst in Saiyuki: Volume 4, both are poor, unfortunate souls (I sound like Ursula from the Little Mermaid). Finally, I got the idea of Keiji's and Midnight's death together from a cut scene of Final fantasy X-2, when Yuna gets a dream of her and Tidus dying in front of Vagnagun (As well as a flashback of Lenne and Shuyin dying in Vagnagun during “1000 Words”). Anyway, if you are fans of this story, please check out this website I made: http://motkb.deviantart.com/ Bon vayage!