Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Adventures of Manimal and Geo-Girl ❯ Preping for college ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
Beast-Boy and Terra couldn't go off with Jim yet, as a few things had to be taken care of first, and all through that week those things were being dealt with.
 
 
Beast-Boy and Terra would actually be going to college, posing as student when they would really be secretly working on the source of the jungle growth, and the crime-waves.
 
One of the first and foremost things Beast-Boy had to do was call up his old friend, Dr. Nobel Von-Richter… the man who saved his life from his illness as a boy, and the owner of the BIGRAT, which could change Beast-Boy's green mutant body into a regular body.
 
Raven had earlier pointed out, “Uh… just one problem. You're both going to college… but you're green, you have fangs, you have pointy-ears, and you can barely even spell school…”
 
She did have a point. Beast-Boy had never before been to school, and he wasn't really very bright, but that's where it was decided. “I'm not going… but Garfield Logan is.”
 
He was referring to the fact that how the machine had not only changed his body, but it also gave him his magic singing-voice, and increased his IQ by 170, which made him the boy genius and top ranked at school.
 
It also overloaded and caused him to have amnesia like Terra, but that was only because the machine hadn't been properly tested, and the Titans fiddled with the controls trying to get the machine to stop earlier.
 
This time… things were going to be different. The machine was upgraded, and Beast-Boy was guaranteed not to lose his memories this time.
 
All the Titans were gathered at Von-Richter's lab, and when the old scientist was told of the mission he was more than willing to let his little Garfield use the machine.
 
Beast-Boy was stripped of his Doom-Patrol outfit, except for his boxers, then he sat in the chair and wired himself in. “Ready over here…!” he called.
 
“All right…” Von Richter said over at the controls “Stand back everyvon… let's make magic!” and he flipped the switch.
 
(Joe 90 theme)
 
The chair lifted into the cage-sphere. The opening sealed, and the cage began spinning rapidly. As the music continued on, the machine began to suck Beast-Boy's green DNA from his body and replace it the human DNA he had lost.
 
That's when his body began o change shape. His skin became flesh-colored. His ears were rounded. His fangs disappeared as his teeth were evened out, and his hair changed from green to dark brown.
 
Copy-Cat was amazed the most. “Never before have I seen such a swell work of… the Earth word is… Genius.” he said. He remember Beast-Boy mentioning about the machine when he told him his story a year ago, but the this was the first time actually saw it in operation.
 
The music was finished, and the Machine grinded to a halt. Von-Richter fiddled with the controls and released Beast-Boy, now fully changed, down from up high. “Ahh… zee transformation vas a complete success.”
 
Everyone moved down to the chair to help Beast-Boy out, but they all kept in mind he was to be called Garfield now, and also Von Richter wanted to test his IQ to see if he had regained the smarts he had once lost.
 
“Garfield, are you feeling alright my boy?” he asked.
 
Garfield shook his head vigorously to wake up. “Oh… yeah…. I think so.”
 
“Good… now zen… I vant for you to calculate a zimple formula for Me.” replied Von-Richter. He told the other Titans that this was actually a complicated formula that only genius like himself could answer.
 
If Garfield could answer it correctly, it would be proven that his high IQ was not only returned, but possibly higher than ever. “Now zen Garfield… Vhat is zee square-route to zee power of 29 of zee trigonometric amplitude of 87… divided by zee quantitative hydraxis of 956 to zee power of 77?”
 
All the other Titans seemed boggled by a question that big. “Yo'… I think I just blew my brain-springs.” cried Cyborg.
 
Terra wiped her brow. “Whew… they never taught us that kind of math at Murakami.” she said.
 
Robin shook his head to snap to himself. “That's a huge formula.” He said, “Beast… uh… Garfield… can you figure the answer.”
 
Garfield nodded, “Yes… the answer is 45,969.”
 
Von-Richter agreed that he was correct, and the tests were successful. Unlike before, now Garfield's IQ was determined to be closer to two-hundred exactly.
 
“Yo'… 200, that's just insane.” cried Cyborg, “But still pretty awesome.”
 
Garfield smiled and rubbed the back of his head nervously. “Uh… Dude… if you don't mind… can I have some clothes now.”
 
The Titans sighed, at least with his memories fully intact; he still had bits of Beast-Boy in him, but at least everything was going great so far.
 
 
As the week progressed, there was still a lot to do before Beast-Boy and Terra could leave for college. Filling out the forms and applications…. Taking the college entry exams… Choosing their courses, and even getting their new uniforms.
 
Beast-Boy even had to take something very special with him, and quickly modify it. That thing was his old superhero costume, The Manimal.
 
A white and black suit with a full biker's helmet that had bull-horns attached on the head, and a long black and red cape. He designed it back when he was at Murakami and it helped him become a new hero. “Never thought I'd need this again.” he said.
 
Von-Richter helped him re-model the suit in any way that he could. “You know my boy… I really envy you, and your vife.” he said, “Not many students I ever `ad zee privilege to know `ave ever been called to aid humanity zee vay you to `ave.”
 
(Music cue)
 
Von-Richter helped Garfield and Terra right up until the big day arrived.
 
(Von-Richter)(In normal words)
 
Today's the day
In only a matter of moments
You'll
both be on your way
What lurks around the corner
Not a soul can say
But I can guess
More or less
Hidden dangers
Great duress
Ah, the moments of glory
Is clo
se at hand
It's gonna be grand
 
-Adventure is a wonderful thing
Pack only the essential
I'll tell you what to bring
Your strength
Your nerve
Your hearts
Your wits
And for
injury from attacks
First aid kits
 
Adventure is a hoot and a half
You'll face unearthly dangers
And look at them and laugh
The claws
The teeth
The chase
The thrill
You'll never want to come home
Maybe you never will

That's the beauty of adventure
It's strictly sink or float
It runs you 'til you're ragged
Then it grabs you by the throat
You struggle to survive it
Though the chances are
remote
Ho, ho
, lucky you
Wish I was
going too
Adventure is a wonderful thing
 
 
Finally… the big day arrived.
 
Garfield and Terra would be heading off with Jim to attend Sea-View academy. They all shared their goodbye's and best wishes from the Titans. Terra even got another bruise from one of Starfire's hugs.
 
Von-Richter gave Garfield and Terra the best wishes of all.
 
 
Garfield, you
And Terra too…
Off you go
Marching high and low
We your friends
Will wait for the end
Right here
Take a look
You path is perfectly clear
With your excellent sense of direction
You've nothing to fear
Through the quicksand
Tempting fate
And fighting spasms
Dodging avalanching boulders
Remember,
the entire fate of the world
May Rest completely on your shoulders

It's up to you
two

That's the beauty of adventure
The trembling and the dread
Oh I can't think of anoth
er thing
I'd rather do instead
I really could join, but
No, no, you go ahead…
 
 
Garfield and Terra, hand in hand, were escorted to the roof and waved goodbye to their friends as they boarded Jim's jet and took off into the air.
 
 
Ho, ho, lucky you
Tally ho, and toodle ooh
Ready now, noble chin
Chest out, tummy in
Make a fracas, have a fling
Drop a postcard, give a ring
Get the lead out, time to swing
Whoop dee doo, and badda bing
A
dventure, is a wonderful thing
 
 
Everyone kept waving goodbye to the jet, and Von-Richter called out in his normal voice and accent. “I salute you both… and in case you should never return… I salute you twice!”
 
The jet finally zoomed out of sight marking the beginning of a new adventure.