Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Adventures of Manimal and Geo-Girl ❯ Welcome To Sea-View ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
By late afternoon, Terra and Garfield were changed into their new school uniforms. They resembled their old uniforms from Murakami, except Garfield's pants, and Terra's skirt were a light shade of tan. Garfield also wore a grey blazer Jacket, and Terra wore a grey blazer vest.
 
“You look cool in that get up.” Terra said.
 
Her husband smiled, “You have a point. The perfection you expose in that fancy alignment of cotton, and polyester nylon transcends to the exhilaration of the feeling.”
 
Even Jim raised his eyebrows to that statement, “Uh… in old fashioned English please…” he asked.
 
Garfield smiled, “I like the way she looks too.”
 
“Ooh…?” Terra turned away and blushed.
 
Still, they had to try not to get as romantic as each other. Earlier, Jim had told them it would be best to keep their marriage a secret. If their enemies came onto them, their marriage would imply weaknesses…
 
And Garfield would do anything for Terra.
 
So, their best thing to do was just let it go that they were Step-Siblings. It was the best thing they could deal with for the moment.
 
Terra wedding ring was left back at home in the tower.
 
 
After flying a while over the Pacific Ocean, Jim's jet, being a spy-vehicle after all, was able to submerge under the water like a submarine.
 
What an amazing sight it was. Fish, coral, plants, and loads of water as far as the eye could see. Terra had never been on any under-water missions since rejoining with the Titans “I've never seen anything like this before.” Terra said. “It's so beautiful…”
 
Garfield knew how she felt when she saw it. He sure had seen a lot in all the times he ever changed into a fish. “Still… I guess I can't do that now.” he said, “At least I can still swim like a fish.”
 
It was true… the sweet deal about Von-Richter's machine was that it never quite sucked all the animal DNA out of his body, and that was left him different animal abilities. He could run really fast, swim with such grace, jump incredible heights, and even use mighty strength.
 
Quite a rare gift for a young-man to have…
After a while, they were reaching their destination. “Well you-two… what do you think?” Jim asked. Garfield and Terra moved to the front of the plane where Jim was, and there it was…
 
Sea-View Academy!
 
It was just as beautiful as it was said to be. The building was concealed in a large dome, with campus grounds all around it on the inside. There were even submarine docking-bays for those who had to leave…
 
“Someone pinch me…” Terra said, “I've got to be dreaming.”
 
Garfield shook his head, “This isn't a dream… this is… the place.”
 
(Music cue)
 
Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes,
This place
Chestnuts, Rainbows, Springtime...
Is this place
It's tinsel on a tree...
It's every place where everyone should be!

Sable, Popcorn, White Wine,
This place
Gingham, Bluebirds, Broadway...
Is this place
It's ours alone alone, but luckily for you...
If you find a
place to love,
Only one
place to love,
Then
It'll be This place too...
This Place.
 
 
The sub docked by a special boarding tube. Jim and his passengers exited and made their way to the dome. Not a lot of students were outdoors as they had arrived just in the middle of a class period…
 
“Whoa…” Terra said, “What a view…?” All ways you looked, you could see through the dome at the ocean all around, and the sun shining through the water made it look like it was gleaming.
 
Even Garfield was amazed, still, “There'll be time for a tour later…” Jim said, “Right now we should really try and find the Keelers'.”
 
He explained that Mr. Keeler and his wife had been running the academy for more than twenty years. Very strict with rules they were, but also very friendly people.
 
As the progressed through the huge building, Terra and Garfield noticed, “Boy… the temperature's a little hi.” Terra said while fanning her shirt collar. Jim told them that the air conditioning had been acting up lately, “When I get a hold of that Keeler… I'll…”
 
Before he could finish speaking, all three of them heard a loud scream echoing through the corridor. “What was that?” Terra asked.
 
Luckily, Garfield had sonar senses he could use to detect the angles of sounds, like a bat, or a dolphin. Another scream was heard, “It's coming form down there…” Garfield said as he dashed off leading the others with him.
 
The scream came from one of the girls' dorm rooms where a young lady with long black hair was lying in bed. “Are you all right…?” Jim asked. “What's the problem…?”
 
The girl groggily opened her eyes, and her first words were. “I was having a nightmare…”
 
Garfield got a good look at the girl, “Gee… you don't look to well. Is everything okay?”
 
The girl looked up into his, and gasped slightly. “Who… who are you?” she asked, blushing slightly.
 
“We're new students here.” Terra said.
 
Just then, two people entered the room, one man and one woman, “Kiki…?” the woman said with concern, “Oh, I just knew we shouldn't have left you in here alone.” She walked over to the bed to help the girl, “Hello superintendent Band.”
 
“Would you mind explaining this to me, Keeler?” Jim said over to the man. “She was having a nightmare… in the daytime!”
 
The man at the door walked in until he stopped by the bed, “Our apologies sir. Kiki's been running a bit of a fever. Poor dear really should be in the infirmary.”
 
Garfield knew something was wrong with the girl. “Deflationary dreams are often caused by elevated temperatures in the human body.” he said aloud.
 
That's when Mr. Keeler stepped up and shook Garfield's hand, and Terra's, “You must be Garfield Logan… and your step sister, Terra.” he said warmly, “Welcome to Sea-View.”
 
The two smiled at the kind man.
 
Mrs. Keeler helped Kiki out of bed, “Come along dear… we're taking no more chances.” she said. “Off to the infirmary you go.”
 
Kiki agreed, but still her eyes never left sight of the young man. “Wow… that guy actually cared about me being sick.” She thought to herself, “And he's cute too.”
 
As soon as they were gone, Mr. Keeler suggested they meet in his office. Terra told him how she was feeling pretty hot. “Our apologies…” Mr. Keeler said, “The Air support system has been acting-up lately.”
 
Terra suddenly felt nervous. “Air… support. You mean like… Oxygen supply?”
 
“Yes of course…” replied Mr. Keeler, “After all we are a mile under the ocean, but you need have no fear. Our technicians work round the clock to make certain that it never gives out. There's always plenty of air for everyone.”
 
That was relief for Terra, and Mr. Keeler reported that they were repairing the faults as they spoke. “The temperature should drop soon.”
 
 
A while later… Garfield and Terra were shown to their private dorm room. It was Jim's suit for whenever he had to stay at the school for long periods. It was easily the most expensive dorm in the whole school.
 
It had one huge King-sized bed, big enough for the two of them to share, and all the basic equipments for the college kid, including a Laboratory for heavier methods of study “This will be your place to stay for the remainder of the term.”
 
Garfield and Terra began to feel they were going to like it at Sea-View… it was already nice enough for them to be accepted in the middle of a semester.
 
However… they both kept strictly in mind that they were there on a secret mission, and they would have to be extremely careful. Jim even showed them one last thing he had installed in his room…
 
A special ejection-tube which lead back to the surface… “If there should come a time when you two must explore and investigate, you'll need to return to the mainland fast.” he said, “But you must tell no one of this… as well as not let it slip out why you both are really here.”
 
Garfield and Terra promised, and with that, Jim left them to unpack, and wait for their tour guide to arrive, which wasn't too long as it was soon time for dinner, and that's when the guide came.
 
He was a third-year college man, with brown spiky hair. “My name's Jarred…” he said, “You must be Garfield and Terra.”
 
The two nodded in agreement, and shook his hand one by one. “Come with me…” Jarred said, “Dinner's served, then I'll give you the grand-tour.”
 
As Jim saw Garfield and Terra go off with Jarred, he warned the Keeler's one more time. “I want those two to be treated with the deepest of respect… or else.”
 
Mr. Keeler nodded, “Yes sir… we'll do our best to make them feel welcomed.”
 
With that, Jim took this leave and headed back towards the sub-port.
 
No sooner had he gone out of sight, did the Keeler's go back into their office. “Hmm, mm, mm… that simple fool.” Mrs. Keeler sniggered. “He has no idea what sort of trouble is going to happen.”
 
Her husband nodded, “Indeed he doesn't my lovely.” he said deeply as he pulled out a small box from his desk-drawer. “Nobody does…”
 
He opened the box to reveal three little jungle-fighter figurines all resting on a soft lining of plants. One by one, he tapped each of their heads… and then POOF… the figurines vanished, and seconds later, they repapered as real-love creatures by the Keeler's.
 
Obviously… they were up to something big.
 
Author's notes:
 
I just based Jarred and Kiki upon two students from Murakami in THINGS CHANGE.
 
Jarred: A tall cool guy with brown spiky hair.
 
Kiki: A girl with black hair that drapes past her shoulders.