Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Adventures of Manimal and Geo-Girl ❯ First day ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
The next day, Terra and Garfield began to attend their classes. Both of them had the same classes as was arranged. Luckily at Sea-View, only one or two classes were held each day; one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
 
Terra was having a little bit of trouble getting her brain in gear as it had been awhile since she ever had schoolwork. Garfield however, with his high IQ was already caught up with the rest of the class, and he was still going… he promised to help his step-sister later that day.
 
Still… a lot of the other students couldn't believe Garfield. Not even Jarred, whom he had begun to build what seemed to be a friendship with them… and Kiki, whom had recovered from her illness and resumed class.
 
She never knew another guy like Garfield, one who buried himself in his work, and pushed himself beyond the limits of others. “Oh no…” she thought to herself all dreamy, “I think I'm getting a crush.”
 
By the end of the morning physics class, he was in his dorm room still working. He was preparing so figures the teachers had asked for.
 
Even when a couple of students called him on his dorm-room phone, he answered gruffly, “Mmm… I specifically requested that I was not to be disturbed. These figures must be finished.”
 
The phone just kept right on ringing every time he hung up. Finally, he pulled the plug and stashed the phone away in his desk-drawer. “Ah! Perhaps we'll get some peace and quiet now!”
 
“And finally… I can't concentrate.” Terra said. She was lying on the bed with her text-books trying to brush up on the courses she was taking. “Oh, why did I ever sign up for math…? I barely passed geometry.”
 
Garfield chuckled softly, but then he carried on with his work. Still… when they found the time… they also began their investigations about the strange jungle growth on the Italian Valencia.
 
They weren't sure… but judging from satellite images they had viewed on the computer. It almost looked as if the jungle had actually increased in it's width across the land. “Maybe the satellite's malfunctioning?” Terra suggested.
 
“It could be…” Garfield said, “In the mean time I think that it's too early to make any assumptions. We'll have to continue to monitor, and perhaps even do some calculations on its fielding and surrounding areas.”
 
Terra agreed…
 
 
When it came time for lunch, they found Jarred sitting at a table all by himself, and he seemed to be gazing a few tables over, when he was snapped out of his trance by Garfield and Terra asking to sit with him.
 
Jarred noticed that Garfield hadn't taken any of the meat items from the food-bins. “Sorry dude… vegetarian.” he said, “I owe those animals a lot.”
 
“I hear you there…” Jarred said, “Still… I find it okay to eat meet, after all it is good for you.”
 
As the three new friends ate their lunches, Jarred starting to gaze over the tables again… Terra noticed he was starring at Kiki who was sitting with her friends a few tables over. “Jarred…?” she asked. “Are you alright…?”
 
Jarred didn't even move, and kept on gazing at Kiki. Until she and her friends got up and began to walk in the direction of his table. That's when he quickly began to act casual and ate his food as if he didn't notice her at all.
 
Garfield and Terra took in all the noticeable signs. “Jarred… do you like have a… thing for Kiki?” Garfield asked.
 
Jarred decided he had to tell someone, “Yeah… I… I guess I do.”
 
He began to tell them about the first day Kiki came to Sea-view. She was judged before understood, and girls found her to be increasingly unpopular because Kiki was shy about coming to a new school.
 
But it was at lunchtime when they first met, a lot of people had already cleared out of the room. Only Jarred on one side and Kiki on the other were left. That's when he first saw her…
 
She was very beautiful, and he was told of how shy she was. That's when she looked up and their eyes met… she felt all shy again, but Jarred, well…
 
(Music Cue)
 
He was starting to sense something special about to happen…
 
(Jarred)
 
Some enchanted lunchtime
You may see a stranger
Someone you don't know yet
Sitting all on her own
 
(he gets up from his seat, going towards her)
 
And you'll say "hello"
And give her a smile
And ask her to sit with you for a awhile
 
“Would you mind if I sit here…?”
 
(Kiki)
 
Some enchanted lunchtime
You may see a stranger
Someone no one knows yet
And they're all having fun
You're finished your juice
You're eating your snack
Then he'll say "hello"
And you'll say i
t back
 
“Uh… sure… I guess.”
 
 
(Jarredwalks around to her sideof the table as she gets up)
 
(Jarred)
 
Once you have met her
You have made a friend
 
(Kiki)

Once you have met him
You have made a fri
end
(Kiki/ Jarred in brackets)
 
Some enchanted lunchtime.
(Some enchanted lunchtime)
When you meet a stranger
(When you meet a stranger)
Someone you don't know yet
(Someone you don't know yet)

(Both)
 
You might be feeling shy
But sometimes it's true
They're kind of shy too
And if you are friendly
They'll sit with you

(Jarred)
 
Once you have met her
You have made a friend
 
(Kiki)

Once you have met him
You have made a fri
end
 
(Both)

You
have made a friend…!
 
 
From that moment on, Jarred was always there for Kiki. Helping her study… help her make new friends, and to help her not to be as shy of things. Kiki looked up to Jarred almost like a brother.
 
That's when Jarred began to develop his feelings for her, but sadly he was suffering from Social Phobia; a fear of being emotionally hurt. “I really like her, but… sometimes I feel that… what would a girl like Kiki want with a simple guy like me?”
 
“I'm just here to get my college degrees and become a lawyer, but… I don't know anything about fancy cars, restaurants, expensive gifts, and things like that.”
 
Terra and Garfield felt really sorry for Jarred, but they didn't know what to do for him. All Jarred asked for at the moment was for them not to tell Kiki, “She doesn't know about this… and I don't want it to start messing with her head.” then he got up and left.
 
Terra gazed over at Garfield, who was shaking his head, meaning there wasn't much they could do. “Jarred just has to find his own courage.”
 
Meanwhile
 
In Keeler's office, the Mr. and Mrs. Were talking over plans that they had of another soviet base that had the equipment they desired. “Security and alert systems have already been tended too… our spies know when it will be time to make their move.”
 
One of the live jungle-fighters nodded, “A most interesting plan, Master.” he said, “But what if the authorities should interfere again?”
 
Mrs. Keeler snickered softly, “They won't dare… not after the other arrangements that have been made.”
 
Her husband smiled, “Once we have the equipment, we'll be once step closer to can moving on to the next phase in our mission.
 
 
Far away on the mainland, An elementary school-class was being given a grand-tour of the military-base for a field trip, and they were learning everything about how the defense-core for their hometown worked.
 
What the kids found most amazing were the missiles that were just being completed within the base and would be used to fight off against enemy attackers.
 
Suddenly, the walls in the factory exploded, and in rushed a whole hoard of enemy-goons all dressed in dark clothing. “All right… nobody move!” the leader shouted as his men began coking their guns.
 
The security guards were about to sound the alarm and begin to rich the intruders, but a few more men had the kids and their teacher held at gunpoint. “Make one move and they die!”
 
The kids were all scared out of their heads; some of them began bawling and calling for their mommies. “SHUT UP…!” Snapped a man, “Kids… their so loud!”
 
 
Back at Campus, Garfield and Terra had finished heir second class that day, when they had just returned to their dorm-room and there was an incoming message form Jim Band.
 
Garfield opened the message, and there Jim appeared on the computer screen, “What's up Jim?”
 
“Agents… this is a code red emergency.” Jim said, “There's a military defense-base in California being robbed by strange men. What's worse is their holding a class of children who on a field trip there as hostages.”
 
“And you want us to head there, and try to save the day.” Terra said, “Is that it…?”
 
Jim nodded, “I know this is your first emergency call since you got here, but I have complete faith. If you can successfully manage to round up these men, and save the children, my team and I will do the rest.”
 
“Good luck agents.”
 
Terra and Garfield nodded, and then... they began to change their clothes. Garfield had donned his Maninal uniform, and Terra… well… it was decided that she too needed some sort of disguise so no one could identify her if they were caught on the news.
 
Terra wore her usual Teen-Titans outfit… only time; she wore a black skirt instead of yellow pants. Her hair was done up in a ponytail, and the best part was… Robin let her borrow one of his masks, and capes. “Well… how do I look?” she asked her partner.
 
Garfield nodded; he spoke with his monotone voice, created by his helmet blocking his face. “You're going to fool everyone Terra… or should I say… Geo-Girl…”
 
The two of them then headed opened the walls revealing the ejector-tubes. The programmed the coordinates, and… they were off!