Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Adventures of Manimal and Geo-Girl ❯ All you need is a song ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
 
The shaking had ceased, and the smoke had cleared.
 
Terra got to her feet and realized, “It… it worked. The missiles are still in the silos, they didn't launch.”
 
Garfield and Jim moved over to her. “There's something else that seems to be missing.” Jim said. They looked all around the room, and even outside. “The aliens are gone.” Terra said.
 
Garfield gazed down at the floor by his feet, “No… not quite.” He said pointing at the little box down below. The box was all busted and cracked, and all that was left of the aliens were bits and pieces of burned vegetation.
 
“Come on… let's get Kiki and Jarred down.”
 
The next day
 
Garfield used his Gamma-Ray projector to destroy and clear out all the jungle in the school. After which… he and Terra then called up the Teen Titans to assist them in ridding the jungle-growth on the Italian coast.
 
The T-ship-2 was submerged in the water at the base of the roots, and all seven Titans were aboard. “Beast-Boy… you ready?” Robin asked, “We're in position...”
 
“Affirmative…” Garfield said. “But hooking up the gamma-ray the ship's weapon-system, the molecules just be enlarged and focuses in a multitude points to fracture the roots.”
 
Raven raised her eyebrow, “Uh-huh… once again… in English please?”
 
Garfield sighed, “It should work…!” He fixed the view-scope on target, “Okay everyone… goggles on.”
 
Everyone donned their protective goggles, and waited for of it. Garfield pulled the triggers, causing a loud BUZZ, and KAPOW! The Plant-life exploded.
 
The Titans, one by one, cheered.
 
Robin: “All right, Beast-Boy.”
 
Starfire: “You have done it!”
 
Cyborg: “BOO-YAH!”
 
Raven: “Okay… I'm impressed.”
 
Terra: “Way to go, Gar…”
 
Copy-Cat: “Well done my friend.”
 
Garfield smiled, “Genius… if I do say so myself. It destroyed all the roots, as well as the foliage. The main lands will back clear by nightfall.”
 
Still, even though the mission was completed, Sea-View academy still had a lot of damage done to its interior. The school needed series renovations and repair, and the hiring of new principals, that it would be closed for at least six months.
 
Still… no on was hurt and everything was going to be all right. Jim was happy to report to Garfield and Terra, “Mission Accomplished!”
 
 
They all headed back to Jump city, and they even invited Jarred and Kiki along, since they knew about the Teen Titans, and being great admirers. The first thing they got to see was Garfield in Von-Richter's machine.
 
(Joe 90 theme)
 
They watched in amazement and Garfield's body and hair turned green. His ears went all pointy, and his fangs grew back. He was Beast-Boy once again. He no longer had his high IQ, but his memories of the adventure remained with him.
 
“He's back…” Raven groaned.
 
Beast-Boy smiled.
 
 
That night… everyone, including Jarred, Kiki, and Jim were at the tower having an all you can eat party in celebration of Beast-Boy and Terra' success, and homecoming…
 
“Once again, I cannot thank you both enough for helping me out n this.” Jim said as he raised his glass to the couple. “But I'm afraid this is end of my career as a secret agent.”
 
“You're quitting…?” asked Robin.
 
Jim nodded, “My cover's been broken. We secret agents are only able to maintain ourselves strictly under tight security. Besides, I feel as if I'm having the bums rush. The time has come to move on, and make some changes.”
 
Terra and Beast-Boy felt a little down when they heard those words, “Dude… just make sure you don't make any changes you'll regret.” Beast-Boy said.
 
Terra nodded in agreement.
 
Jim promised to be careful, and then it came time to give Kiki and Jarred something special. Beast-Boy and terra each gave them a Titans communicator, “Here take these you guys.” Beast Boy said, “In case your in trouble and you need us… we'll be there.”
 
“You really should take them, believe Me.” added Terra… she refereed to the time when she refused the offer at Murakami.
 
Jarred and Kiki couldn't refuse, “You guys are the best.” Jarred said. “And thank you both…”
 
“For what…?” Beast-Boy asked.
 
That's when Jarred turned back to his new girlfriend, Kiki, and held her in his arm. “For helping us realize what we can really accomplish…”
 
“If only we try harder…” Kiki added, and then she and Jarred shared a kiss, which awed everyone. Even Raven thought that was cute, “Just don't start singing again.” she begged. Everyone turned to face her, “What?”
 
“Miss Raven… you don't enjoy the art of songs?” Jim asked.
 
Raven shook her head, “I'm not really the music kind of girl.”
 
Jim explained to Raven that songs weren't as all bland and tacky as she thought they were, “Songs are there to help you… make you feel better…”
 
(Music cue)
 
“And I just so happen to know a song about that…”
 
Raven's eyes widened as the music started, “Oh no… not again?!”
 
The others however were interested, and then Jim cleared his throat…
 
(Jim)
 
Songs are around whenever you need them
Songs follow you wherever you lead them.
 
(Raven's not impressed)
 
(Jim, BB and, Terra)
 
Songs… they seem to come alive each time you sing them
Songs… you can hum them straight, or you can swing'em.
 
 
(Robin and Cyborg both are fighting and then stop)
 
(Cyborg)
 
I say I'll bite you.
 
(Robin)
 
And I say I'll fight you.
 
I say I'll beat you.
 
(Cyborg)
 
And I say I'll eat you.
 
(Robin)
 
Bite you...
 
(Cyborg)
 
Beat you…
 
(Robin)
 
Fight you…
 
(Cyborg)
 
Eat you…
 
(Both)
 
Let's call the whole thing… off!
 
 
(Starfire)
 
I am ever so pretty, I can charm a man.
 
(Terra)
 
Fix my hair and wear my make up any way I can.
 
(Both)
 
Cause' I'm a WOMAN…
W-O-… MAN. I'll say it again.
Cause' I'm a WOM-A-N…
W-O-… M-A-N.
 
 
Raven still wasn't convinced, though she was starting to smile a little bit… as it did seem sort of fun. That's when the original song continued.
 
(Kiki)
 
Songs… Don't know how we'd get on without them.
Whoo-ooh! Songs… you can hum them, whistle, or SHOUT THEM!
 
(Jarred)
 
Hey… songs keep you company when you're alone
So find a song you can call your own…
 
(Both, and Jim)
 
You can't go wrong…
All you need is a song!
 
 
(Beast-Boy standing by the windows)
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
It's not easy bein' green,
Yet when it is all there is to be.
I'm green… and it'll do fine.
It's cool…
And I think it's what I want to be.
 
 
With a twirl of his tail, Copy-Cat was hovering in the air.
 
(Copy-Cat)
 
Flying so high…
Clean air blue sky
White clouds float by,
Flying… flying… Flying!
 
 
Suddenly… everyone looked back and couldn't see Raven anywhere. “Where is she…?”
 
“Beast me…”
 
Just then… there she was at the door way as ballad rock music played, and In Raven walked, without her cloak on, her long purple hair was done up in back, and she was holding a microphone.
 
The others couldn't believe it at first… but Raven winked at them.
 
(Raven)
 
(Sounds like Emily Hampshire)
 
-What's the big deal?
What's all the biz?
Life could be worse and usually is.
 
Hold your head up high,
So life can look you in the eye.
 
-What's the big deal?
Don't count scars!
Things could be worse and they usually are.
 
If you're feelin' crummy
Like you could use a little sugar or honey.
 
-What's the big deal?
Don't count scars!
Things could be worse and they usually are.
 
When you need a break
No time to think of your only stakes.
 
-What's the big deal?
What's all the biz
Things could be worse and they usually is.
 
 
Everyone smiled, and Copy-Cat pecked his lady-friend on the check. Then the original song took off again…
 
(Everyone)
 
Songs… Don't know how we'd get on without them.
Whoo-ooh! Songs… (Can snap your fingers)
you can hum them, (Or tap you toes)
whistle, or SHOUT THEM! (Put them together and make a show)
Songs keep you company when you're alone
So find a song you can call your own…
You can't go wrong… (We're singing about…)
All you need is a song…
 
You can't go wrong…
 
All you need is a SOOOOOOOOOONG!
 
(Stage blacks out)
 
“But don't get used to it.” Raven said.