Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Adventures of Manimal and Geo-Girl ❯ Race agianst time! ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
 
Mrs. Keeler's arm was only a few centimeters away from touching Terra's forehead and sending her into the box, but Jim, Garfield and company were near that very area, and saw what was going on.
 
BANG!
 
Garfield fired his pistol into the air, scarring the Keelers and their guards away leaving Terra untouched. “Quick, go after them!” Jim ordered the other two men, and they were off.
 
Garfield and Jim helped Terra to her feet, “You alright?”
 
“Yeah I'm fine…”
 
“Who were they?” Garfield asked.
 
“They're aliens. The Keelers are behind all this!”
 
Jim's eyes narrowed, “I knew there was something strange about those two. We must stop them quickly!” he said, and all three of them ran off.
 
Meanwhile…
 
Jarred peek round the corner. “Nothing…” he said, “Nobody's there.”
 
Kiki checked her watch, “Well… they should be far away by now. Maybe we should move out.”
 
Jarred agreed, and they both cocked their pistols. “I'll go on ahead first and see if it's safe.” He said and he scuttled off through the bushes.
 
Kiki looked all around for a moment as she waited for the go-ahead. “Jarred… is it clear?” she asked, but there was no response. “Jarred…? Jarred!”
 
She had to run ahead and see if he was okay. She looked high, and low, but she couldn't find Jarred anywhere. Suddenly, a bundle of vines dropped down on her, she screamed in fear, and then she felt herself being grabbed by two of the jungle-fighters. “GAAAH…HELP!”
 
Sadly… no one came to her rescue, and she got carried off.
 
Meanwhile
 
As Terra, Garfield, and Jim walked through the jungle, there was another series of trembling. “Boy… we can't last much longer at this rate.” Terra said.
 
“Agreed…” added Jim, “We aren't any closer to finding the Keelers, or any of the others.”
 
Garfield suddenly noticed something strange. He was using the radar device to track the position of his spider-tracer that he put on those unarmed missiles. “Huh… according to this… the signals coming from right in the back of the grounds near the launching bay.”
 
“The launching bay…?” Terra asked.
 
Garfield nodded, “Look we have to stop for moment and think about this situation logically.”
 
“Logically…?” replied Terra. “But there isn't anything logical about this.”
 
“Oh but there has been…” replied Garfield. “Now… the jungle-growth started on the Italian Valencia. Yet here it is inside Sea-View academy. So they place a few seedlings into the air-vents, they add humid temperatures, increase carbon-dioxide, and more jungle growth appears.”
 
Jim nodded, “Which means… obviously we're dealing with a type of alien plant-life.”
 
“Yes but we have to understand something simply...” replied Garfield, “And that thing is, why Sea-View? What do they want with this underwater college?”
 
Terra had pretty good clue, “They probably need it as a base of operations.” she said, “So they can spread their seedbeds around the world.”
 
Garfield nodded, “But even still… they don't have to sail to other parts of the world to do that…”
 
Terra remained still for a moment, and then asked, “The missiles?”
 
Jim's head perked up, and snapped his fingers, “Of course…” he said, “If they load the missiles they stole with their mutating growth, and fire them from the under the sea… they can infest every country, in every continent within range.”
 
Terra gasped as she held her hand to her mouth “Is that even possible…?”
 
Garfield nodded, “They can do that… but we better be right, there won't be time for a second guess. Let's get to the launching bay.”
 
 
All the way at the other end of the school, the Keelers and their men had Kiki and Jarred chained to the walls, and stripped of their weapons. Now they were preparing the missiles for loading and launching, but the paused for a moment and moved towards their hostages.
 
“How noble you humans are…” Mr. Keeler smirked, “Preferring death to a little cooperation.”
 
“Yeah, well I don't know who or what you are Keeler!” snapped Jarred, “Being an outside alien fink is one thing… but you got to be crazy if you think we're going to help you spread this… jungle junk of yours all over the world.”
 
The Keelers nodded, and Mr. Keeler simply said, “Then I suppose that is fortunate for us that we already have determined how to do it.”
 
Kiki seemed more than confident that, “You don't even have to proper equipment to fire those missiles.”
 
“Ahh… fire them, we can.” Said Mrs. Keeler, “Aim them accurately… perhaps we can't, but we don't have to! Wherever it is we fire them… they will spread seedbeds wherever they land…. And soon you're entire world will be exactly like this.”
 
“Pah…” Jarred snapped, “There's plenty of smart guys out there, they'll figure out how to get rid of it.”
 
“Perhaps…” replied Mr. Keeler, “But just how many do you believe will still be alive in a pure carbon-dioxide atmosphere?”
 
Jarred and Kiki gawked at each other in shock, and then the Keelers and their men got to work, loading the missiles with their seedlings. As they worked, another shockwave shook the school again. “Hurry… time grows short!”
 
 
Outside…
 
Jim, Terra, and Garfield came across some of their allies all tied up in the vines. They wouldn't die, but they couldn't stop to help them. Garfield noticed, “They've been ambushed near the launching-bay corridor. It means our guess about the missiles was right!”
 
As they tried to run round the bend when, BOOM… there was another Jungle fighter waiting in the distance with his gun.
 
 
Everyone in the launching-bay heard the commotion. “Don't get your hopes up. No on one can help you now!” Mr. Keeler snapped at the hostages. “Finish loading and prepare to fire!”
 
As the other jungle fighters continued their work, the Keelers ducked behind a tree, overlooking the doorway to the room, and pulled out the pistols they took from Jarred and Kiki.
 
 
The other three had to try and make a break for it. “Okay… I'm going to go first… you two cover me!” Garfield said, and as he scuttled off, Jim and Terra fired their pistols into the jungle…
 
BANG!
 
BANG!
 
“Okay let's go!” Jim cried, and they all began to run for it, but suddenly… BOOM! “AAH…!” Garfield shoulder was hit, and bled a little. “Garfield!” cried his wife.
 
Jim quickly fired his pistol, BANG, and stuck the guard in his side. The guard retreated while holding his side in pain, he moved back into the launch-room. “Who's out there?” Mr. Keeler asked.
 
“Ah… It's Jim Band and the Logans!” the guard panted.
 
“Arm the missiles… get the countdown ready to fire.” Mrs. Keeler ordered.
 
 
Garfield was alright, “I'm okay… the bullet just grazed.” he said.
 
Jim handed each of them a grenade, “I have a feeling we'll need these.” he said. Then they helped Garfield up and continued to the door, but as they tried to walk in… BANG… Mr. Keeler fired his pistol forcing them all back.
 
“Don't try to come in here, Mr. Band…!” He called, “Or you and your companions will die sooner than need be.”
 
“We're going to stop you, Keeler!” Jim called back.
 
“It's too late, Earthman!” Mrs. Keeler called, “We are returning the Earth to its primeval form. Our people shall inhabit it!”
 
Her husband nodded, “There is nothing that can stop it! Not you... Nor anyone else on this planet!”
 
Just then, the wounded guard came over and reported, “The missiles are loaded with our seedbed-vegetation, and armed in the silos. We have only but to fire them now.”
 
“Good…” Mr. Keeler said, “Start a twenty second countdown.”
 
Jarred yelled out at the top his lungs… “GARFIELD… THEY'RE GOING TO FIRE THE MISSILES LOADED WITHT HEIR SEEDBEDS! YOU ONLY HAVE TWENTY SECONDS BEFORE--!” he was then bound and gagged by the other guards.
 
 
“Twenty seconds…!” cried Terra.
 
Garfield had an idea. “We'll rush in under cover of the grenades.” he said, “That should distract them long enough.”
 
Jim nodded, “Good idea…” he said, “Now… once we get in, Terra… you rush on ahead, Garfield and I will cover you. You'll have five seconds to get to the fire-control panel and reverse the controls.”
 
Terra nodded, “Got it!”
 
 
Inside… the guard flipped the witch, and the countdown began.
 
20… 19… 18…17
 
The trio tossed their grenades in… KABOOM! The explosions caused the Keelers to fall over long enough for all three of them to break in.
 
The Keelers fired their pistols… BANG… BANG… but missed, and Terra fired her own. BANG…”UGH…!” BANG! “ACK…!” The Keelers fell down dead!
 
16… 15… 14… 13…
 
A jungle fighter popped up from behind a bush. Garfield fired, BANG! “ARGH…!”
 
12… 11… 10… 09
 
This gave Terra the opening she needed to break for the controls. That's when another guard leapt out and tried to shoot her from behind. Jim fired, BANG! “OOH…!”
 
08…07… 06… 05…
 
Terra reached the controls, but quickly caught a glimpse of the last guard. BANG! “WHOA…!” that was last of them, but when she looked up at the timer. “NOOOO…!”
 
04…03… 02… 01…
 
She pounded the red STOP switch.
 
…“00”
 
BOOM!
 
KAPOW!
 
KABLAM!
 
Explosions, burst from the room, and the whole school began shaking violently. The plant life started to decay a little, and the aliens… they blew up into dust, causing a thick smoke screen to blind everyone.
 
But… did they make it in time…?