Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Adventures of Manimal and Geo-Girl ❯ Aliens! ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
 
Terra, Jarred, and Kiki were struggling their way past all the plants and vines. Jarred sniffed the air, “Whew… if I had live on air this thin, I'd have shot myself years ago.” He joked.
 
The girls laughed a little, but they had to stay focused. “Kiki… how's the radiation levels?” Terra asked.
 
Kiki pointed her radiation-counter all around her, “The readings keep changing all the time.” She said, “I don't know how these plants got here, but they're off the charts.”
 
“All right… stay alert.” replied Terra, and they continued onward. Then… as they turned the corner, BOOM!
 
A gun was fired, causing the three friends to take cover and whip out their pistols. Jarred quickly reach round the corner…
 
BANG!
 
“Did either of you see who it was back there?” he asked.
 
Kiki had an idea, “Maybe it… it was those jungle-fighters we saw earlier.”
 
Terra nodded, “Could be…”
 
She raised her head to peek round a tree, and was just in time to see a silver-faced man fire his gun.
 
BOOM!
 
“Did you see who it was?” Jarred asked, Terra nodded that it was one of those silver-faced jungle fighters. “But that's not our only problem. We still have to get rid of this jungle growth or it's the end for us all.”
 
She saw the man way across rise up to fire again, but she quickly shot her pistol… BANG… making him duck back down behind the bushes only to rise up again to shoot some more. BOOM… BOOM!
 
BANG!
 
BANG!
 
“Man… these guys really snuck up on us.” Jarred said.
 
“Yeah… there seems to be a lot of that going around lately.” Kiki said motioning over to Terra, and all the lies she told. “Kiki… you know why I couldn't tell you before.”
 
“Yeah… so you decided to let me find out for myself.”
 
BOOM!
 
BANG!
 
Jarred, though he too was upset for Terra and Garfield's deceptions, “Now come on, Kiki… that's not fair.” he said, “Terra can't help if she's married to Garfield and he loves her. Just like…” he paused. “No one can help it that you liked Garfield either.”
 
BANG… BANG!
 
Kiki was most confused, “What is that supposed to mean?”
 
Terra couldn't keep it to herself anymore. It was time for her to know, “Oh, come on Kiki… you mean you never realized that Jarred has feelings for you?”
 
BOOM! BOOM!
 
BANG!
 
“Jarred…?” Kiki said feeling herself blushing, “But… but you're like a brother to me.”
 
Jarred clenched his fist, “That's all I ever am; like a brother. IT'S NOT FAIR!!”
 
BANG! BANG!
 
“Look… we can work all this out later, but we can't stay here like this.” Terra said.
 
Kiki suggested that Terra try and use her powers, but Terra admitted that she couldn't as there weren't any rocks or Earth for her to control. “I've just got to try and get back to Garfield.”
 
Jared had an idea. He would fire at will, trying to distract the jungle-fighters long enough for her to escape. “Ready…? NOW....!”
 
BANG… BANG… BANG!
 
Terra escaped safely leaving Jarred and Kiki alone together. “Jarred… you really have feelings for me?” Kiki asked again.
 
Jarred nodded, “You're not like other girls I've met, and I've met a lot.”
 
Even though he knew this wasn't the time or the place to do it… he just couldn't resist.
 
(Music cue)
 
(Jarred)
 
Everyone in my family had found true love.
Everyone in my family but me
I can tell you it doesn't feel good
When love I must feel as I should
Everyone in my family but me
 
Dad said, “Now son… don't give up, you'll do it right.
Mom said your handsome guy on every sight
And, my sister, when she was married, she said “It's quite a thrill.”
So I kept on trying, hoping someday I would have my fill…
 
And I'd say…
Everyone in my family had found true love.
Everyone in my family and me
Yet today I'm faced with a chick,
Who unlike all others gave me that kick,
I wished to be hers, it would be fun
Yet I still think back to when everyone,
Everyone in my family had found true love…
 
…but me!
 
 
Kiki never knew Jarred cared that much about her before. “Jarred…?” she said, “That's so sweet.” And she gently pecked his cheek.
 
Jarred smiled for the first time all day... but the moment was soon spoiled by more quakes and tremors coming from the school. “Whoa… that can't be a good thing.”
 
Meanwhile
 
Except for Terra, Kiki, and Jarred, everyone met back in the courtyard. So far, nobody had found any causes of where the growth was coming from, but what they did discover was way worse.
 
There was hall damage in some of the corridors. Even some cracks in the dome letting the water in. “We patched up the cracks, but they won't hold if any more disasters happen.”
 
Garfield didn't this. According to the tests… the air was too thin to use lasers, and his gamma-ray projector still couldn't be used yet. “We've got no choice.” Garfield said. “We'll have to go into the school… find out what caused this, destroy it, and keep our heads on.”
 
Jim agreed, and then he went off with Garfield and motioned two more men to follow.
 
 
Terra was still fighting her way through the massive jungle, when suddenly she bumped into two familiar faces. “Mr. and Mrs. Keeler?” she asked, “What are you two still doing here? Everyone was ordered to evacuate.”
 
The Keelers put on their kind faces, and Mr. Keeler said, “Oh… we were just on our way out… but we had forgotten something important.”
 
Mrs. Keeler nodded, “I'm afraid we just can't leave without it.”
 
Terra, sighed, “All right… I'll help you both to your office, but you better leave as soon as you're finished.”
 
The Keelers agreed, and all three of them started off, but that's when Terra noticed that her radiation-counter was sensing high-fields near the Keelers. “Sir… Miss…?” she asked, “Have either of you been exposed to radiation.”
 
Mr. Keeler turned, “Why… whatever do you mean child?” he asked. “We haven't done anything of the sort.” added Mrs. Keeler.
 
Terra wasn't convinced, and she scanned the both of them. “Huh…?” the radiation levels were above normal levels. “You two aren't…human!” Then suddenly, she grabbed from behind by one of the jungle-fighters, and being held hostage.
 
The Keelers admitted that they were aliens from another planet, and they knew who Terra really was. Mr. Keeler said, “We have a little box, Geo-Girl… just fine for holding little people.”
 
Mrs. Keeler nodded, “And to ensure that we conquer the world successfully… we are going to put you in it.”
 
She raised her hand forward, and began inching towards Terra. All she had to do was tap her forehead, and she'd go into the box like the Jungle-Fighters.
 
She needed help!