Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Things Change & The End? ❯ Intro ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

INTRO
 
“TITANS… GO!” cried Robin as he and his team were once again chasing Slade through the city. They even special tracking devices to tell where he was, and where he was running to. “We got him this time.” Cyborg said, “He's not gettin' away.”
 
Slade dashed down one route, and he was forced to retreat when he ran into Cyborg. “You will not escape us this time.” she thundered at him.
 
“Oh, really?” he hissed, “You've seen me escape before, and I will escape again!” he dashed off hoping to make another escape, but he was halted as rock-walls began to rise up from the road and cut him off.
 
“Going somewhere…” Terra mocked from up on a flying boulder. “Looks like the apprentice has become the teacher…”
 
Slade only sniggered, “You really think you have out-bested me child…?”
 
Just then, Raven, Copy-Cat, Cyborg, and Beast boy dropped down, surrounding him. “Maybe not alone, but we all can.” Copy-Cat sneered. They were soon joined by Robin and Starfire, and all seven Titans attacked all at once…
 
Cyborg blasted him hard with his Sonic-Cannon. “BLARGH…!” followed by Beast-Boy ramming into him like a bull. “OOH…!”
 
“Azarath… Metrione… ZINTHOS! Raven cast a dark wave of energy to ensnare Slade, rendering him defenseless allowing Robin with his staff, and Copy-Cat with his X-men claws, to beat Slade to a pulp.
 
In the end, Slade was brought to justice after all these years and the city held a great big banquet and congratulations ceremony to honor the heroes…
 
 
It was then that Robin saw before his eyes…
 
“SIMULATION OVER”
 
All seven of the Titans hadn't really beaten Slade at all, and nothing that just happened actually happened. They were all strapped into strange chairs, with lots of wires and gear attached to them, and they all worse helmets and goggles.
 
“Dude… that was so cool!” cried Beast-Boy.
 
“Totally…” added Terra. “And to think, I saw most of the world…?”
 
The Titans were really at the tower-lab of Beast-Boy's friend, the old scientist, Nobel Von-Richter, who invented the BIGRAT which changed Beast-Boy into his alter-ego; Garfield Logan, super genius, and where his magic singing-voice came from.
 
Today, he had invited the Titans over to test out his latest invention. “Uh… what's this thing do again, just be clear?” Raven asked.
 
Von-Richter chuckled, “I already `ave told you dear. Zis is zee “Vat-If-Machine.”
 
In his accent, he meant to say, “What-If-Machine.”
 
It was a virtual-reality simulator whereas everything almost seemed real. You would simply ask it a “What-If” question, and then whoever was strapped into the system would see a simulation of an alternate life of what would happen.
 
Robin had asked it, “What if we finally captured Slade? and he got his simulation of what happened. “Yo' can I try it now…?” asked Cyborg.
 
“Yes… I too would wish to sample this marvel of the age.” added Starfire.
 
Von-Richter was more than obliged to let them all have a go. “Ve need to run as many tests as ve can…” he agreed.
 
The Titans strapped in, and each asked all kinds of weird questions… like…
 
“What if my husband, Robin, and I were to have children…?”
 
“What if Cyborg was never a Cyborg?”
 
“What if Raven was allowed to show her emotions without Copy-Cat's training…?”
 
(Music cue)
 
Von-Richter was pleased to see how appreciated his invention was tuning out to be, that he couldn't help but sing, even though the Titans couldn't hear him while lost in the simulation…
 
(Von-Richter)
 
(Sounds like Gene Wilder)
 
Come with me
And you'll be
In a world of
Pure imagination
Take a look
And you'll see
Into your imagination

We'll begin
With a spin
Traveling in
The world of my creation
What we'll see
Will defy
Explanation

If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
A
nything you want to, do it
Want to
change the world?
There's nothing
To it

There is no
Life I know
To compare with
Pure imagination
Living there
You'll be free
If you truly wish to be

If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
A
nything you want to, do it
Want to
change the world?
There's nothing
To it

There is no
Life I know
To compare with
Pure imagination
Living there
You'll be free
If you truly
Wish to be
 
 
So far, all the simulations seemed to be amazingly intriguing. Only, Beast-Boy hadn't asked a question yet. “Vat is zee matter, Garfield?” he asked. “Do you not `ave anyzing you vant to know?”
 
Beast-Boy didn't say a word, and he didn't have to, Copy-Cat read his mind and could tell, “Whatever it is, Beast-Boy fears of asking the machine.”
 
Terra gazed at her husband with concern, “Honey…?” Beast-Boy finally looked up. “How bad can it--” she suddenly caught on, “Ohh…!”
 
The other four could tell what Beast-Boy was thinking of too. “Beast-Boy, you don't have to ask it, if you don't want to.” Robin said, “But remember… if your afraid of something, sometimes you have to stand and face it.”
 
“No joke.” added Cyborg, “It's what bein' a hero's all about.”
 
The others agreed, and with his friends, and his wife supporting him. “Okay… let's do this.” he said bravely as they all strapped back into the machine. “Are you all ready?” Von-Richter asked. All the titans gave him a thumb-up.
 
Von-Richter started the system, and just before he threw the switch he asked the machine through a mic… “Vat if Garfield und Terra never got back togezer…?”
 
In other words, “What if Beats-Boy and Terra never got back together after Things Change? The power level rose to high, and Von-Richter threw the switch causing a flash of bright light to flare, and the Titans went completely silent and remained perfectly still… as the alternate version began to simulate.