Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Things Change & The End? ❯ A Tragic Happy Ending ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
 
It was such a beautiful sight. The skies were blue, the city was all fixed, and people in the city were roaming about doing their own businesses, not even remembering what had happened.
 
Even Copy-Cat's spaceship was fully repaired, and the tower was back where it used to stand, on the offshore island-rock. Cyborg sniffed the air heavily, “Aw, man… that's the stuff.” he said.
 
Starfire felt like crying, “It is the most beautiful sight I have ever seen.”
 
Raven and Copy-Cat felt the same way. Then they realized they were holding each others hands. They quickly turned away from each other, both blushing, but that's when they realized they couldn't hide it. She liked him, and he liked her.
 
Suddenly, the five of them turned round and saw the Doom Patrol, and Terra all huddled close together and looking really upset. Then they saw why--
 
(Music: “Full of tears” DBZ Budokai)
 
Terra, with tears in her eyes, was on her knees, holding Beast-Boy in her arms. He looked in really bad shape. His clothes were all shredded, and his injuries were worse than ever. “Beast-Boy…?” she peeped softly “Beast-Boy…?”
 
Elasti-girl bent down and put her head to his chest. “He's still breathing.” she cried softly, and that's when Beast-Boy stirred slightly and moaned softer. “Uhn…! Ohh…!”
 
Now everyone was huddled close to him. “Friend…?” Starfire asked. “You are… alright?”
 
Beast-Boy groggily opened his eyes, and his voices sounded a little hoarse. “After everything I did… you can still show kindness?” he asked, “Why? I tried to kill you guys, and I almost succeeded.”
 
“You weren't yourself.” Robin said to him, “You were driven by so much anger and sadness, you couldn't think straight.”
 
Beast-Boy blinked his eyes once, and very slowly. “I'm such an idiot!” he sobbed softly as a single tear fell from his eye.
 
Mento bent down, and he was trying his best to keep a straight face. “Hey, kid… it's alright.” He said. “If it wasn't for you, the whole universe would've been destroyed.”
 
Beast-Boy didn't feel any better, “Only because… of what I started.” he said, “If it wasn't for me… none of this… would've happened.” he coughed twice.
 
“Beats-Boy…?” cried Terra, “”You'll be alright. It's over now. You can still start over, and we'll all be together now. You have to get up, you have to.”
 
Copy-Cat could sense Beast-Boy's mind, and it was fading which could only mean one thing. “He does not have the strength, Terra.” he said to her, “His body was badly damaged for having so all that evil energy inside of him for so long.”
 
This really concerned everyone, “Wait! What are you saying?” asked Negative-man.
 
Copy-Cat hated to say it, but, “I am sorry… but he does not have much time left.”
 
Everyone gasped softly, “No!” peeped Terra. Her tears were making it harder for her to see. “Oh, Garfield…!” cried Elasti-Girl. Her own tears were falling now.
 
Beast-Boy opened his eyes as wide as he could. “Is that… the Earth?” he asked. “It looks so-- so beautiful. I only wish I… had a little more time.” He groaned slightly and his breathing was becoming softer, “But I guess… Things do Change.”
 
Terra didn't know what to say. Then again it seemed almost pointless. Nothing that could be said your done would heal Beast-Boy back to full strength. He was doomed. “Beast-Boy… please, hang on!” she begged. “Beast-Boy?”
 
Cyborg checked his wrist-computer. His heart-rate was fading fast, and his pulse was slowing. “We're losin' him!” he said.
 
“Beast-Boy…” Terra begged, now sobbing, “I'm sorry. Don't go! I need you. I love you.”
 
“Ohh…” Beast-Boy had just enough strength left to raise his hand and crease her cheek. Her tears made her cheek feel cold and slippery. “I… love you… too………Ter……ra-- Oh!” His eyes and mouth closed, his hand slipped to the ground, and he stopped breathing. Cyborg checked his computer… the line was flat. “He's gone!” he cried. “Just like that… my favorite little buddy's gone!”
 
Copy-Cat could no longer sense his thoughts. He hung his head low shaky it very sadly. He was gone! “Beast-Boy!” Terra cried, “Beast……Boy! No-o-o-o…!” she broke down sobbing into his chest.
 
“Garfield!” Elasti-girl sobbed. “Oh, no… Garfield!” Mento hugged his wife close, letting her cry. His tears were falling too. “My, boy!” he peeped softly. “My brave… brave… boy!”
 
“Friend…!” Starfire sobbed. “No! Not now, you cannot go! It is not fair!”
 
 
Then one night. Every superhero the Titans ever allied had gathered for a sad, tragic ceremony. Two torches were lit. One held by Robin, and the other held by Mento. They nodded at each other and set Beast-Boy's body to burn.
 
As the flames grew, everyone's eyes were just fixed on the motionless body that lay there… but nobody was as sad and heartbroken as Terra. Beast-Boy was dead, and in a sense… it was really SHE who killed him.
 
There was nothing she could do to bring him back now, or ever, but she knew there was something she could do to help make things better, and avenge what happened. With Beast-Boy dead, and her mind made up… Terra decided to rejoin the Titans, where she belonged. The Titans were more than willing to let her in… they needed a new member anyways with Beast-Boy gone.
 
The Titans even built a little monument to Beast-Boy on the tower island. Terra's old Pedestal was brought up form the caverns, and a new statue of Beast-Boy was carved by Raven and Terra, and Copy-Cat who also decided to join and be a Titan to help the team.
 
As the statue was placed and a new plaque was places over Terra's plaque. Terra couldn't stop thinking about it all.
 
His name was Garfield, but we called him Beast-Boy. He was never the brightest of all heroes, and never the most mature… but none could ever show more heart and passion than he did.
 
He was motivated by sadness, and remorse, and drove himself insane over the loss of everything he held dear to him. In his last moments, he saved us all, and for that… we'll always love him.
 
Terra placed a bouquet of roses onto the rock. Then she gently kissed her fingers and gently touched them to the statue's lips. The plaque below read almost exactly what it had said for her once…
 
“Garfield Mark Logan/ Beast-Boy”
 
1990-2006
 
A Teen Titan, and a True Friend.
 
May he finally have found happiness.
 
 
“SIMULATION OVER”
 
One by one, the Titans began to awaken from their virtual adventure, as they were watching a simulation all along. The machine powered down, and everyone felt like they had been hit by a truck.
 
“Titans? asked Von-Richter, “Are all of you okay?”
 
They were all physically fine, but, “Man, what a ride!” said Cyborg.
 
“I shall never fell the same again.” cried Starfire.
 
Copy-Cat and Raven, however, were outraged. “I don't have any such spell-book as that.”
 
“And my father is very much alive.” added Copy-Cat, “My spaceship is fast, but it cannot life the Tower to my planet.”
 
“Maybe it was a malfunction…?” asked Robin, but Von-Richter had been observing the activitey all along. “No everything iz vorking perfectly.”
 
Beast-Boy and Terra, however, they hadn't gotten up form their seats. They just sat there with their eyes wide open, their jaws slightly dropped, and they were shaking a whimpering in fear. The fact that they had just seen an alternate version of life had they never gotten back together… or even if it was true or not. That was pretty scary.
 
“Dude…!” Beast-Boy said, and gulped hard. “That was just WILD!”
 
“I know…” cried Terra, “I don't think I could ever live with myself if you died.”
 
The others, though they knew it was okay for them to be afraid. “Uh… it was just a simulation.” Raven said, “As in… it NEVER HAPPENED?”
 
Beast-Boy and Terra knew she was right. Beast-Boy and Terra were really married, and together forever, just as they promised “No more changes”
 
It was late at night, and so the Titans bid goodbye to Von-Richter, and thanked him for giving them quite an experience. Then they headed home, and straight to bed. Beast-Boy and Terra however…
 
They just needed to face reality again, and not what they saw in the simulator. Terra and her husband held each other tightly as they gazed out the windows of Terra's room.
 
(Music Cue)
 
Beast-Boy wanted to show Terra, even though it still plagued him everyday, he could never be resentful towards her. Not even for Things Change, not anymore…
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
(Sounds like Nick Lachey)
 
An empty room can be so deafening,
The silence makes you wanna scream,
It drives you crazy.
I chased away the shadows of your name,
And burned the picture in a frame,
But it couldn't save me.

And how could we quit something we never even tried,
Well you still can't tell me why.

We built it up,
To watch it fall.
Like we meant nothing at all.
I gave and gave the best of me,
But couldn't give you what you need.
You walked away,
You stole my life,
Just to find what you're looking for.
But no matter how I try,
I can't hate you anymore.
...I can't hate you anymore.
 
 
Then, they striped off all their clothes, and jumped into Terra's bed together. Terra gazed at her husband with hungry eyes…
 
 
You're not the person that you used to be,
The one I want who wanted me,
And that's a shame but,
There's only so many tears that you can cry.
Before it drains the light right from your eyes,
And I can't go on that way.
And so I'm letting go of everything we were,
It doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.

We built it up,
To watch it fall.
Like we meant nothing at all.
I gave and gave the best of me,
But couldn't give you what you need.
You walked away,
You stole my life,
Just to find what you're looking for.
But no matter how I try,
I can't hate you anymore.

Sometimes you hold so tight,
It slips right through your hands.
Will I ever understand?

We built it up,
To watch it fall.
Like we meant nothing at all.
I gave and gave the best of me,
But couldn't give you what you need.
You walked away,
You stole my life,
Just to find what you're looking for.
But no matter how I try,
I can't hate you anymore
 
We built it up,
To watch it fall.
Like we meant nothing at all.
I gave and gave the best of me,
But couldn't give you what you need.
You walked away,
You stole my life,
Just to find what you're looking for.
But no matter how I try,
I can't hate you any…more
 
 
Terra lay in Beast-Boy's arms, after such a good run. Beast-Boy kissed his wife softly one last time before they both drifted off into a blissful sleep.
 
 
“SIMULATION OVER”
 
Von-Richter hopped out of the machine as it powered down. “Zo… zats vat vould `ave `appened if I `ad invited zee Titans over?” he asked himself. “Ah, vell… back to zee drawing board.”
 
 
 
THE END