Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Things Change & The End? ❯ The Heart of the beast ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
 
This was it…! This was finally, totally it. There was only one galaxy left in the whole universe, as all the others had been wiped out. The Milky-Way Galaxy was the last one to go.
 
“Finally…!” Beljar chuckled. “After so much destruction and waiting, the last galaxy will be no more. Now, my pet, let them have it!”
 
The dragon roared, and prepared to fire. Beljar was jumping for joy, “Yes!” but then energy-blasts fro out of nowhere bombarded at the Dragon, casing him to withdraw his attack. “What…?”
 
The blasts of course were only the size of mosquitoes, compared to the dragon's huge size, but to Beljar, they were the size of boulders. Then he saw why. All eleven heroes were floating in the distant, and bathed in glowing light.
 
“Party-time's over, Beljar!” snarled Robin.
 
“We're going to stop you once and for all!” added Mento.
 
Beljar was not amused, “You're too late, heroes.” he spat at them, “In a few short moments, everything you had once will be gone. You've lost!” and he fired dark energy from the Dark-Prognositcus at them.
 
The heroes spread out, and flew in different directions so as not to be an easy target. “Everyone ready…?” Robin called out. Everyone signaled by raising their arms up high. “OPEN FIRE…!”
 
So many power blasts flying towards the enemies in so many directions, you'd think a star was trying to be reborn. “AH…!” Beljar shielded himself with a dark barrier, and then shouted to the dragon, “Do something! Destroy them!”
 
The dragon brushed the brightness out of his huge eyes, and then bulged out his huge chest and just took the blasts. When the heroes stopped firing, even from all that fire power, “Man! that didn't even scratch him!” cried Cyborg.
 
The Dragon roared in furry and began to charge towards them. “He's coming!” cried Raven. “Scatter!”
 
It was a good thing their energies from the Light Prognositcus provided them with super-speed, other wise… they would've been moving in slow motion compared to the wide spaces that monster could cover with just his size alone.
 
“Beast-Boy…!” cried Terra. “Beast-Boy, stop!” but that dragon was just so angry and filled with so much dark energy, he didn't even react, and in fact almost snapped her in half with his fangs. “YEOW…!”
 
Beljar laughed at her, Ah, ha, ha, ah, ah! Foolish girl. I am in complete control now.” he said as he held up the Dark-Prognosticus, “He can't hear you. His mind is gone, but his powers are mine!”
 
“YOU LIE…!” Terra shouted.
 
“Do I? Heh, heh, heh! Don't take my opinion--”
 
The Dragon then reached out and tried to grab at Terra with his huge claw. “WHOA…!”
 
Somehow, Terra had to figure a way to reach out to Beast-Boy, but that wasn't even easy said. That dragon was so incredibly unstoppable. “We have to keep on trying!” cried Elasti-Girl, “Garfield must be in there somewhere.”
 
So the battle continued with the heroes valiantly trying to stop Beljar, but as long as he had the Dark-Prognosticus, and the Dragon to shield him. He couldn't be touched. The dragon was so huge, no attack could hurt him either, but at least they prevented them from blowing up the Milky-way… or rather what was left of it.
 
…for now!
 
“DAMN!” growled Robot-man. “We're hitting him with everything we got, but it's not working!”
 
The dragon drew in breath for an attack. “DOWN…!” cried Copy-Cat, and the avoided the blast just in time.
 
The minions, however, had been formulating a plan. One of which they knew was their best shot. They began to fly towards the dragon's head where Beljar was standing. “What is it that they are they doing…?” asked Starfire.
 
The dragon could see them flying past his face, but for some strange reason, he didn't attack them. Not even when Beljar began to pound his foot into his head. “What are you doing? Worthless lizard!”
 
The dragon didn't obey, and continued to open fire on the heroes. “Here he comes!” cried Negative-man. “Watch out!”
 
While the others fought the dragon, or rather to try and keep alive… the minions landed on the dragon's head by Beljar. He turned to his former allies, “What are you three doing here?” he grouched at them. “I have no use for you anymore, now be-gone while I still have some patience in me and I may let you survive.”
 
The ladies, and Sir. Vile gazed at each other and nodded. “Get him!”
 
“Huh?” and before Beljar knew it, he was fighting them on the head of his own dragon. Robin could see this from the distance, and could instantly tell. “They're trying to distract him.”
 
This way, Beljar would be too busy defending himself from the minions, and it could bide the heroes time. “I don't see how that helps.” said Mento. “We can't even get near that monster.”
 
“And his attacks will crush or barbeque us in one shot.” added Raven.
 
“Not to mention, nothing we attack him with does anything.” said Cyborg.
 
This really put things as worse as they could get. That dragon was just too much for them to handle. What could they do? Terra still refused to believe that Beast-Boy couldn't be reasoned with… somehow she had to get through to him, but first she had to get close to him without getting killed.
 
Suddenly, the Light-Prognosticus began to glow. Terra grabbed the book. “Hey… I got something!” she called out to the others. Since the others couldn't huddle close to her as they had to keep the dragon from blowing up the galaxy.
 
So Terra read the new phrase aloud…
 
Attacking the beast will do you no good.
To even get close, HOLD HIM you should.
 
“Hold him…?” Cyborg asked, sounding confused. “That's gotta' be a joke! Even a planet full of ropes couldn't hold that big guy.”
 
That's when Copy-Cat began to realize, “Wait… I believe I know!” he cried out, and he began to fly towards the Dragon's huge face. “Copy-Cat! What are you doing?” shouted Raven.
 
The dragon saw him coming at him and prepared to fire a blast at him. “COPY-CAT!” cried Elasti-girl. “He's going to get fried!” added Mento.
 
The dragon was ready to fire, “I hope that this works.” Copy-Cat muttered, “HAA-ARGH…!” he forced his arms out and blasted a huge, long stream of energy and lassoed the dragon's mouth shut. “MMM…!”
 
All the energy built up inside the dragons' mouth. KAPOW! It exploded from within, actually damaging him, and the force was so strong, that Beljar and the minions were knocked off the head. “No! this cannot be!” cried Beljar.
 
Then he found himself still battling his former allies, three to one. “I will not lose after coming so far!”
 
While the minions fought Beljar, Copy-Cat still had the dragon's mouth held shut so he couldn't try it again. The others all saw this. “Hey! That's it!” cried Robin. “Everyone, hold that dragon down!”
 
Everyone flew in, and began to use the same tactics Copy-Cat used and ensnared the dragon by his wings, his legs and claws. He couldn't move, attack, or anything. Right now, Terra was the only one left who wasn't holding onto him.
 
“Kid! Now's your chance…!” Mento called. “Try reasoning with him again.”
 
Everyone, though trying their hardest to keep a good grip on the dragon were shocked to here him say that. “Well… it's what everyone wants isn't it?” Mento asked rhetorically.
 
Terra nodded, “Mm!” and then she cast her gaze upon the giant dragon, who was still growling under his breath, as furious as ever. It saw Terra coming, and his eyes flared up all the more.
 
She floated right onto his face, near those huge eyes, which to her size were as tall as skyscrapers. Her heart was beating so fast in fear, she didn't think she could do this. “Terra! Hurry!” groaned Negative-man.
 
“We can't hold this thing forever!” added Robot-man.
 
Terra could see some of the team were groaning and gritting their teeth in pain to hold on. She had to make this work, even with the dragon bound, the vortexes would still destroy everything.
 
“Beast-Boy…!” she said while gazing at her reflection in the dragon's eyes. “Beast-Boy… it's me-- It's Terra.”
 
The dragon narrowed his eyes in more anger as if he were trying to resist. As for Beljar, he finally broke free from fighting the minions. All three of them had been beaten very badly. “Foolish girl!” he called to her, “You'll never reach out to him. He is no more.”
 
“Beast-Boy… you can't listen to him!” cried Terra. “Look… I'm sorry!” her tears began to fall. “I'm so sorry for everything. I never meant for you become like this.” she paused, “I was wrong to run away form my past. I was wrong to let go of the hero's life… and I was wrong to turn my back on you.”
 
The dragon still growled, but he was beginning to show less anger and rage. “Don't let her fill your head with lies…” snarled Beljar. “Destroy her!” He then opened fire on the heroes, and each and every one of them got hit hard, and lost their grip. The dragon as free, but he still didn't move. He just stayed there his giant eyes focused on the girl standing on his face before him.
 
The tears in her eyes began to spark something within him. “No! Destroy!” Beljar roared, “I order you to destroy!” then he fired upon the dragon. This spiked his anger, and he grabbed Terra in his huge claws and pulled her away form his face.
 
“No! Beast-Boy!” she screamed. The dragon held her up high, and began to power up for one final… really big blast. “TERRA…!” Robin shouted.
 
“She is trapped!” added Starfire.
 
Terra couldn't get out from the dragon's claws, and assumed this was the end for her—Then right at the last minute… the dragon turned and faced Beljar. “BAH…?!”
 
…AND FIRED!!
 
“NO---!” Beljar quickly hide within his barrier just as the blast had hit him. Much to everyone's surprise. Terra must've reached in and reasoned with Beast-Boy's inner-soul. “Quick… help him out!” said Mento. “FIRE AT WILL…!”
 
Then he, and all the heroes, including Terra, began to bombard Beljar with all they had. It was barely enough, and then finally. The minions, who were fatal injured stepped in and used their powers to stop Beljar by holding him with their own bodies.
 
“Hey! Get off me!”
 
“Heroes…!” cried Sir. Vile. “Strike us now! HIGH THE HENCE!”
 
“Uhn… we're prepared to go!” cried Jacquelyn Hyde.
 
Medeva grunted and groaned to hold Beljar down. “DO IT, YOU MUST!”
 
“STRIKE HIM DOWN WITH US!”
 
Without arguing, Robin and Mento nodded. “All right…. Everyone set--” shouted Robin, and Mento ended the sentence, “FIRE…!!”
 
The heroes, and the dragon combined all their power together into the biggest burst of energy, the size of a galaxy itself, and fired. “NO! THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING…!” Beljar shouted in horror as the energy collided into him with such an unbelievable force.
 
The three minions were immediately incinerated by the blast, and Beljar, along with the Dark Prognosticus. soon followed the, “NO------!!!”
 
He was gone. The minute the light had dimmed. The Dark-Void and all the smaller vortexes exploded like fiery bombs. Everyone felt themselves began swirled into a twister of absolute CHAOS…!
 
As the forces of the explosions died off… the most magical and wondrous thing happened-- The Universe was starting to reform itself. All the planets, moons, Stars, life forms… everything…!
 
(Music cue)
 
Planets, moons and stars
Above the world so high
Higher than the clouds
Higher than the sky

Planets, moon
s and stars
Are shining down through space
Each one in its home
Each one in its place

Earth is far below
Below each shining star
Earth is what we know
Earth is where we are

Planets, moon
s and stars
Above the world so high
Higher than the clouds
Higher than the sky
 
 
Even the Earth was back to normal. Once again, peace had been regained.