Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: What Changes Really Are ❯ A bad night ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
For those of you who didn't notice… I edited the end of Chapter six..
 
CHAPTER SEVEN
 
The Titans were all still asleep that early morning, yet Raven was starting to moan, and struggling in bed as she was starting to have chilly feelings run through her body…
 
She could here the voices of the monks of Azarath crying out in the distance that he was returning… more powerful than ever before. “No…!” Raven cried,
 
Worse than that, unlike before, the whole would turn red and wasteful again, but there would be no stone statues. Everywhere Raven looked, people were dying, and getting hurt… even her friends… only, Beast-Boy wasn't there.
 
Raven looked deep into her father's face, and Saw Beast-Boy in all four of his eyes, laughing wickedly…
 
 
…then she woke up.
 
Copy-Cat entered her room, “Raven… are you alright my love?” he asked.
 
Raven shook herself awake, and groaned as she felt her aching forehead “Oh… what a nightmare.”
 
Copy-Cat could sense her thoughts, and he had heard the stories of how the evil Trigon had nearly succeeding destroying the Earth. “Raven…” her boyfriend said, “My Grandfather… King Farroclaw, he passed on a good word of advice to my father, who passed it on to me…”
 
“We all learn from our pasts… but we cannot change the future, if we do not let go of our pasts.”
 
Raven thought that was deep… she never had heard anything like that before; not even in her own books. “My sweet Raven…” replied Copy-Cat, “You must keep yourself calm; learn to move onward for your future, and leave your father, Trigon, buried.”
 
Raven gently brought her face to his, and kissed him softly. “Thanks… I feel less miserable already.” she said with a smile.
 
 
But Raven wasn't the only one having bad dreams that early morning…
 
Terra was also tossing and turning in her sleep, struggling with more and more nightmares about her and Beast-Boy. So many flashes of his were crumpling before her eyes…
 
“Terra…!” he cried, “Don't leave me…!”
 
She raced towards him as fast as she could, “Beast-Boy, hang on!” but she never reached him before he fell to pieces and was destroyed, only to be replaced with a monster she had never seen before; A giant red demon with four deadly eyes, and deer antlers. He was laughing at her maliciously. “Insignificant girl… you wanted changes, well have all the change in the world. Heh, heh, ah, ah, ah…!”
 
Terra watched before he eyes as all the buildings in jump city began to collapse and explode, killing all the poor citizens. The sky went red and gloomy, as lava rose up from the streets…
 
Terra fell to her knees, and held her head in anguish, “No… this can't be happening she cried, and then it got way worse as Beast-Boy's spirit appeared before her, and he did not look at all please…
 
“Are you happy now Terra…?” he asked angrily, “You wanted change, and look what's happened! You destroyed the world… you put the universe at risk… and you… you KILLED ME!”
 
 
Terra was flying around in the darkness screaming, “No… No… I didn't mean this... I didn't… I didn't!”
 
She woke up with a gasp in her apartment where she lived with a kind old lady, who treated her like her own grandchild. “Terra…” the old lady said, “Are you all right child?”
 
Terra caught her breath, “I was having a nightmare…” she cried, “It was horrible…”
 
The old-lady shook her head, “Just as I thought, you've been working too hard at school again…” she said, “Or you've been keeping something to yourself, and won't let anyone help you…”
 
This old-lady could read a young-girl's face well, and even though Terra was not her real granddaughter, every grandmother could see it in her granddaughter's face that something was wrong… “Child… if you don't tell me what the matter is, how can I help you sort it out?”
 
Terra looked a little sad, “No one can help me, grandma. What I'm dealing with is… just too much.” She said as a tear rolled down her cheek.
 
The old-lady shook her head, “My dear… all things can be worked out… and if they cannot, then perhaps it was just not meant to be… that's what my grandmother told me…” she said, “But she also used to say… how can you know for sure, if you don't try hard enough…”
 
(Music cue)
 
(Old-Lady)
 
Trying, and trying again,
To walk or run or climb…
Trying, and trying again,
It seems to take such time.
Well don't be afraid if you feel so small,
And don't be afraid that you could fall.
You can make it after all,
It just takes time…
 
So keep on trying, and trying again.
A little more each day
Trying, and trying again,
To grow in every way…
Chicks in their shells trying to get free,
Seeds trying to grow to be a tree,
How big and strong you're going to be
It just takes time… so keep on Tryi-i-i-ing.
 
Tryi-i-i-ing…
 
Trying, and trying again,
And finally to know,
Trying, and trying again,
To teach yourself to grow…
The deepest pride, you'll feel inside
From doing all the things you've tried,
Until you see what you've become, and dreamed you'd be…
Through so much… Trying.
 
So much… Trying.
 
Through so much… Tryi-i-i-ing…
 
 
As the song ended, Terra had drifted off back to sleep, and the old lady's song had really inspired into thinking that maybe she should've gone back to the Titans… be a hero again… but most of all, she should've tried to make up with Beast-Boy again.
 
Even so… there were still parts of her that weren't sure about really going back to the Titans. She had no powers anymore, and she still remembered of all the bad things she did in the past.
 
Now she wasn't sure if she'd ever get another chance. Even if she quit school now, and rejoined the Titans, Beast-Boy was gone, hundreds of miles out of town… and probably never to return…
 
She was just too confused.
 
Meanwhile
 
Poor Beast-Boy, still locked up in that cavern, was now a gorilla and pulling on the stone door with all his might to try and open it again…
 
Suddenly, he heard a very deep and dark voice calling out to him, “You are strong… but even the strength of any army could never move that rock.”
 
Beast-Boy changed back to normal, “Who said that…?” he asked as he gazed round the chamber. “Your strength is still below my expectations… but I suppose that it shall serve Me.” replied the voice.
 
Then suddenly, a huge monster appeared from out of nowhere, growling angrily and looked like it was pretty hungry. Beast-Boy let out a slight shriek, but knowing that he was alone, with no way out, “Dude…Bring it on!” he growled as he changed into a T-Rex.
 
The monster roared again, but then it vanished into thin air. Beast-Boy was confused, and then he heard that voice again as it said, “I am impressed… you have more courage than from our last encounter.”
 
Beast-Boy changed back to his normal form, “Hey… hold on… I know that voice!” he snarled, “Raven's dad… Trigon! Where are you…?
 
“Approach me Garfield-Logan…” Trigon's voice seemed to be coming from the huge casket in the back of the chamber. The Scathe symbol on the front was glowing, and the slide began to swing open reveling a simple face-mask resembling Trigon's face…
 
Red and black, with fangs at the ends, and deer antlers sticking out at the top.
 
Beast-boy was not only shocked to find out that he knew his real name, but “How is it you're still alive?” he asked, “I saw it happen… Raven totally wiped the floor with you.”
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… yes, that is true.” said Trigon, “My daughter did succeed in destroying my body, but unfortunately, none of you were aware of what I had done while I rested to regain my strength…”
 
Trigon told him, that as confident as he was that he could never be beaten, he had a back up plan prepare din case he did get beaten. While the Titans were battling out with their darker halves, he transferred a small portion of his spirit to this hidden chamber…
 
“My daughter may have destroyed my body, but for the past years my spirit has remained here in hiding as I regained my powers. It is fortunate that you have come… for you have something that may prove to be a good use to me.”
 
Beast-Boy raised his eyebrow, “What do you want from me?” he asked sharply.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… as you know, I no longer have a body to house my spirit and spread my powers through to use. I want YOURS as a replacement.”
 
Beast-Boy felt like he was going to be sick. “No way, Dude… I'm not going to let some evil creep take over me just like that.”
 
“Silence…!” growled Trigon, “Resistance, I'm afraid is futile… you have a strong body, yet you possess a weakened spirit for the thought of all that you have lost.”
 
Trigon began to get to Beast-Boy, for it did indeed remind him of all he had lost in his life; his normal body… all the families he had ever had… even losing the love of his life, “Terra…”
 
You understand now… there is no escape!” replied Trigon, then suddenly, the four eyes on the mask shot beams of red energy at Beast-Boy and knocked him out cold.
 
His body then began glowing, flashing red… “Sleep Garfield Logan, sleep! And while you rest, I will begin to fuse my spirit within you.”