Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: What Changes Really Are ❯ I stand alone ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
The warm sun began to rise up over the horizon in the rocky valleys. Little birdies began to chirp, and the air became sweet with the fresh smell of the morning.
 
A little green tortoise poked his head through his shell, let out a huge yawn and then changed into Beast-Boy. “Dude… what a night.” he muttered to himself. “Well… now to dig up some chow.”
 
He scuttled off in search for food. He even changed into an eagle to help him search from a higher view, and boy did he enjoy it…
 
(Music cue)
 
(Beast-Boy's thoughts)
 
(Sounds like Joe Raspo)
 
Flying so high,
Clean air, blue sky,
White clouds float by,
Flying…
 
Flying so free,
Soft wind lifts me,
Warm sun sees me,
Flying…
Soaring gliding,
Drifting, riding.
Quiet dreams of things I'd like to see.
 
(Musical solo number)
 
 
Beast-Boy never felt as free in his life before as he soared, dived, and even did loops in the air. Still… there was a part of his that wished the others were with him, but that was his past…
 
He left for good reason, and he was sticking to it…
 
 
 
 
Flying so high,
Clean air, blue sky,
White clouds float by,
Flying…
Flying…
FLY-i-i-i-i-i-i-ing.
 
 
Back in town, the Titans all woke up looking pretty down. “Oh, alas our poor friend.” cried Starfire as she held one of Beast-Boy's only photo's to her heart, “I will miss the ways he would always go, “Dude.” I will miss his non-humors, yet casual jokes…”
 
“Uh, Star… he's not dead.” Cyborg told her.
 
Starfire sniffled, and wiped away her tears. “I am aware… but I miss him dearly.”
 
“We all do, Starfire.” said Robin, “But… he didn't want to stay with us.”
 
Raven nodded in agreement, “Still… who could blame him? I mean… he's had enough hardships in life that any normal man would've died of a broken heart long ago.”
 
“Even so…” Copy-Cat said, “If he really wishes to leave and make it alone, I propose we not stand in his way, and who knows? Perhaps he will come to his senses and reconsider his decision…”
 
There was a long moment of silence, and then everyone just went about their own businesses that day.
 
 
Beast-Boy found a grassy field many miles away from the valley, with thick and lush green grass. He changed himself into a cow and ate to his heart's desire. He never knew how tasty grass could be before, now he knew.
 
At least he could still be a vegetarian wherever he went.
 
He changed back into his regular form and let out a huge belch. “Dude… that hit the spot.” he said, “Hmm… now… I wonder what's over the hills.”
 
There was a big world out there for him to explore, and now that he was free from the Titans, he had no one to hold him back or tell him “No.”
 
Still… there were times in which images of his friends, and Terra would flash by. They did have some wonderful times together, but they didn't last long like he wanted, and like Terra told him “Things Change Beast-Boy.”
 
“Hmm! Yeah right… I'll show them this is one dude, that doesn't care for changes.”
 
Meanwhile
 
At Murakami… a literature teacher was tapping his foot, “Shall repeat the question, Terra?” he asked, but once again, Terra hadn't responded to the question on Shakespeare; her mind was miles away; still glued around the memories of last night as Beast-Boy walked off into the sunset, and out of her life. All that because he couldn't accept changes…
 
SNAP!
 
The teacher, slapping a ruler on Terra's desk finally got her attention. This teacher did not like to tolerate with slackers, or un-focused children… before Terra knew it, she was standing outside and struggled to hold two huge water buckets off the ground.
 
“You see that class?” the teacher said, “I don't give extra homework, or keep you in detention; but after you hold those water buckets for fifteen minutes, you're going to wish I had.”
 
“Can you feel your shoulder's burning, young-lady?”
 
“ERR… Yes… S-s-s-sir…!”
 
 
Terra's arms still felt like jelly at lunchtime, she was barely able to eat her food as she could barely lift her arms. Jackie and Jillian, whom now had new uniforms, were sitting with her.
 
“You were thinking about greenie again, weren't you?” Jackie asked.
 
“Yo' girl… you gotta' wake up and smell the java.” added Jillian, “That kid ain't nothin' but trouble, now he's gone… so you can quit worryin'.”
 
Terra looked up, “Okay first of all… he has a name, and it's Beast-Boy.” She said sharply, “Second; I have every right to worry. He's out there all alone, and he's got no one to look out for him.”
 
The girls realized that she had a point there, “But hey… it's not like you forced him to leave.” said Jackie.
 
“Ditto…” added Jillian, “The little weasel ran away because he couldn't be a man and learn to lay off of your chops.”
 
Terra knew she had a point there. After all, she did keep trying to force Beast-Boy out of her life and accept that she wanted a change in life, but after the hard way he took it… she still wasn't convinced to let it go. “I just hope he's okay…” she thought to herself.
 
A few weeks, later
 
Beast-Boy was doing just fine…
 
For the past while, he had traveled to several different towns, which actually had no heroes, and he cleaned up those towns of all the crooks and bad-guys, solo… and to think, Starfire once said that when she had gone to the future, she heard from Beast-Boy's future form…
 
“I tried to solo-hero thing, and it really didn't work.”
 
As much as Beast-Boy didn't like changes… a few good changes here and there didn't hurt anyone. At least he didn't lose much more… because he didn't take much to lose.
 
He accepted a few awards from the cities, small sacks of money so he could buy vegan food; but alas… he wouldn't stay in town for very long. He wouldn't even stay for one night…
 
Even when ladies began to adore him like they did back in Tokyo. “Sorry ladies… this is one lion you can't tame…” he said, and as he found himself back in the rock valley's again… he let the whole world know how he felt.
 
(Music cue)
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
I've learned the sound of each rock and stone.
I now embrace what others fear.
No one else may come to this forgotten place,
Only I, myself, is welcome here.
Things, they may change, as humans take a breath.
For them, change means life, but for me it brings death.
No more of these hardships, it's all just one plan,
I'm going to make it as just one-man…
 
Like every tree stand on its own.
Reaching for the sky I stand alone.
I'll share my world, with no one else,
All by myself…I stand alone!
 
 
As the days kept going by, Beast-Boy was making it great; he even saved another high-school in another town from gunmen, and rebel-teens. He was honored for it, but when a few school girls tried to woo him… he had to let them off easy…
 
 
I've seen that world with my very eyes,
Don't you dare come closer, don't even try.
I've had enough pain, I've heard enough lies.
So with me, there is no compromise…
 
Like every tree stand on its own.
Reaching for the sky I stand alone.
I'll share my world, with no one else,
All by myself…I stand alone!
All by myself…I stand alone!
All by myself…
 
I stand alone…!
 
 
One night, Beast-Boy, as a green tortoise, was asleep inside his shell, when suddenly he awoke to a strange blinking light far off in the distance. He changed back into his true form, and made his way across the rocks towards the light…
 
He moved a few shrubs out of the way, and his eyes lit up…
 
The light was being emitted a strange glowing symbol that was glowing on a rock-wall. Beast-Boy couldn't put his finger on it, but he was certain he had seen that marking somewhere before…
 
Just then, the marking vanished, and a part of the wall slide away revealing an entrance to a deep cave. “Dude…” he cried, “Awesome… I got to check this out.” And he walked down the flight of steps that lay before him.
 
Down, down he went it was getting pretty dark, almost too dark to see. So he changed into a bat to help him see better, and kept on going. The deeper he went, the more he began to think that he would be near the bowels of the earth. That's when it started to actually get brighter as he neared the bottom.
 
He changed back into his normal self when he came to the end of the long way, and he was now starring through a narrow stone doorway into a hidden chamber so mysterious, that he had to say, “Whoa…”
 
He walked into the room; there were so many symbols and markings on the walls, all glowing with a mystical yet mysterious glow. There were also all kinds of weapons, and statues… like the ones in Raven's room.
 
Suddenly, it all fit together; Beast-Boy knew where those symbols we're from. They were from that old prophecy created by Raven's father, Trigon!
 
“Dude… what's all this stuff doing here anyway?” He wondered as he got a look at all the weapons and statues. Then, his eyes fell upon a huge casket with the Scathe marking on its front, at the very end of the chamber.
 
“Dude…” he cried in amazement under his breath, but as he walked up the stone stairway leading to the casket, he heard the sound of something scrapping across the floor at other end of the room. He turned and looked round, “Hey, they door!”
 
It was closing…
 
He dashed over to the door, just in time to catch it with his fingers, but no matter how hard he tried to pull it open the door was just too heavy. Then finally, he let it go before it snapped his fingers on the rocks.
 
SNAP!
 
He was trapped inside… with no other exit, and no communicator to call help! “Dude… this is so not cool.”