Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: What Changes Really Are ❯ Goodbye ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
Terra, still in her school uniform, but without her tie, was traveling along the rocks to the rendezvous point her letter had told her. “Wow…” she peeped as she looked at the town from her view. It all looked so beautiful up from there.
 
She even remembered how the time she and Beast-Boy…
 
No… she couldn't think about that. She didn't even like it when he called her by name because it reminded her of all the times they shared, and all the things she once wanted.
 
“I figured you'd come…” said a voice from behind her. Terra turned and saw Beast-Boy standing there. “You just couldn't resist, could you?”
 
Terra's features hardened, “Okay… what do you want?” she asked sharply, but calmly. “It's getting late, and I still have my homework to do.”
 
Beast-Boy looked at her calmly, “Look… like I promised you... this will be the last time.”
 
“Darn right it will be!”
 
Called another voice, the both of them turned round and saw Jackie and Jillian coming up to their position. “What are you two doing here?” Terra asked.
 
“And why are you here…?” added Beast-Boy, but then he held his hand up, “Ah-ah-ah… I don't want to know. Just stay out of this…!”
 
“Yo'… don't you go telling us to be quiet you green lump.” snapped Jillian.
 
“That's one…” Beast-Boy said, “This is about me… and the girl standing in front of me… so you keep quiet, both of you.”
 
Then he turned back to face Terra, “Now then… I'm here to tell you goodbye.”
 
Terra's eyes widened, “Goodbye…?”
 
Jackie and Jillian however smiled, “Goodbye, eh?” Jackie said, “Finally getting' it through to that head of yours that you lose?” Jackie mocked, Beast-Boy looked at the two girls straight, “That's two…” he warned them, “Man you two are pathetic! If you mouth off at me once more, I'll shred those tacky uniforms.”
 
“Girls… please….” Terra begged, “Just keep out of this…” then she turned back to Beast-Boy, and they chatted about why Beast-Boy was bidding her goodbye, and when he told her he was going to leave town…
 
“What…?”
 
“You heard me…” Beast-Boy said, “I can't stand it here anymore. If things can't be the way they once were… and I end up losing so much… then I can't hang around.”
 
Just then, the Titans came into the picture, “Oh no… not more.” he groaned.
 
As soon as they all touched down, they were about to confront Beast-Boy when… they saw her. “It… it cannot be!” cried Starfire.
 
“Terra…?” asked Robin, “So you are alive!”
 
The girl shook her head, and tried to fake her way out of it, but it was no good. Cyborg had already used his wrist-computer and compared her DNA, and stuff… all of it was a perfect match.
 
Copy-Cat was also able to tap into her thoughts with his psychic-foresight, and Raven could sense her inner-feelings. “You were just pretending to have amnesia to try and brush us off.” Raven said.
 
“Dude… I knew it!” Beast-Boy said. “How could you…?” he asked Terra.
 
Even Jackie and Jillian wanted an explanation for this, and Terra, knowing fully well that she was licked, she admitted everything about her past with the Titans, and with Beast-Boy… she never forgot.
 
She just wanted a change in life so she wouldn't cause anyone anymore trouble. “Especially to you Beast-Boy… I just can't love you. It's too dangerous… so you have to move on, but you don't have to leave town.”
 
“She's got a point…” Robin said, “Beast-Boy… you can't just leave like this.”
 
Starfire hugged Beast-Boy tightly, “Friend…” she nearly sobbed, “What ever will we do if you are to leave us?”
 
“Have some peace and quiet?” Raven said, but everyone gazed her indicating that didn't help.
 
“Star… Star…!” Beast-Boy groaned, “You're… hurting… me!” she let him go.
 
“Yo' man…” Cyborg said, “You really want to do this, don't you?”
 
Beats-Boy nodded sadly.
 
“My friend…” Copy-Cat said, “If it is truly what you desire, then the best we can do is let you go your own pace. We will not stop you.”
 
Beats-Boy smiled sadly, “Thanks guys…” he said, “Well… I should hit the trail.” He turned to leave, but suddenly, he felt Terra grab his arm. “Beast-Boy, no!” she said now ready to cry, “You can't just leave…”
 
Beast-Boy gently pulled her hand off of him. “Things Change… Terra.” he said to her, reminding her of what she did to him. “You wanted a change, well I'm giving you one. I know you'll get through this in time… but I'll always remember you.”
 
A tear rolled down her cheek. “Beast-Boy…”
 
(Music cue)
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
I'm a troubled dude, with a breaking heart,
My life is crumpling too.
I'm going to leave my home town pretty soon
Cuase' I know that it's the best thing to do.
 
Poor Terra, Titans too, you all have got to see.
I can't stand all this stress; it's not good for little me.
Farewell everybody, I'm leaving town today,
I just can't have another change to come my very way.
 
 
(The other Titans)
 
Poor young Beast-Boy, all this toil and this strife…
 
(Robin)
 
All this cruel treatment has really messed up his life.
 
(Raven)
 
But having to leave town, it really isn't nice,
 
(Copy-Cat)
 
He should not have to make this great big sacrifice…
 
(The others sing as a chorus, as BB sings)
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
Things they change and they take things away.
Of all the things they've robbed of me.
I'm going to have find a new place to stay,
Just don't know where that place it would be.
 
(Cyborg)
 
Yo' there, BB… we don't want ya' to go…
 
(Starfire)
 
Leaving is not the answer,
How can we let you know?
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
Sorry there dudes… but this is now goodbye…
I just can't keep suffering…
 
(Terra)
 
I think I'm going to cry…
 
(The others sing as a chorus, as BB sings)
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
Terra she wants a different life so fair,
But for that I won't stay here, it just isn't fair.
I can't live with changes, and now you all know why,
I can only do one thing now…
 
That one thing is… Goodbye.
 
(Copy-Cat)
 
Oh me…
 
(Starfire)
 
Oh my…
 
(Terra)
 
I'm… going to… cry…
 
 
Beast-Boy saluted softly, “Good… bye…” he peeped, and he began to walk off into the setting sun. Laving everyone to just stand there feeling really upset, except for Jackie and Jillian.
 
“Yeah… you go now.” Jackie called to him.
 
“And don't you ever come back…” added Jillian.
 
Beast-Boy heard them, and just like he promised, he changed into a tiger, and dashed over towards the gnawing and scratching at their school outfits. “Take that… there… HAH!” then he changed into a bird, and flew away.
 
“Did you see him?!” Jackie screeched, as she gazed at her ruined clothes.
 
“The nerve of that punk.” added Jillian.
 
But the Titans, thought it served them right. “Come on team… let's go home.” Robin said, and the Titans left. Jackie and Jillian dashed back into town to find new outfits, but Terra… she just stood there on the hill with her hair blowing in the soft breeze, and her tears still falling…
 
“Beast-Boy…” she whispered, “I'm sorry…” but she knew he was already gone, and that was it