Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: What Changes Really Are ❯ Where is Beast-Boy? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
The next morning when it came time for school, Terra met up with her friends, and they let her off easy for what happened yesterday, but when Terra went to her locker…
 
“Huh? What's this…?” she found a small letter in her locker, and it was addressed to her as it had her name on it, in a green colored pencil.
 
Her friends got the impression that someone was finally crushing on her, but as soon as they saw the green writing, and what the letter said…
 
Meet me at edge of town by the rock-mountains at sundown…
 
Come Alone!
 
Beast-Boy…
 
PS: I promise… this will be the last time.
 
“Man… that green guy just doesn't know when to quit.” scoffed Jillian.
 
“Ditto…” Jackie added. “It's bad enough yesterday that he got off calling us sluts, and pathetic. You're not really going out there tonight are you?”
 
Terra actually didn't know what to decide. So she just folded up the note, and packed in her book while she went off to class. “Well… excuse us for talking to ourselves.” Jillian said.
 
 
Meanwhile…
 
The Titans had woken up early to the sound of the alarms wailing. “There's trouble…” Robin said, “TITANS MOVE OUT…!”
 
Everyone dashed out of the tower so quickly, they didn't notice Beast-Boy's note on the fridge, or even that he wasn't with them, until they were out of the tower.
 
“Yo'… where's BB at?” asked Cyborg.
 
“Thought he was with you…” said Robin.
 
The girls didn't know where he was either, and neither did Copy-Cat. Robin tried calling him communicator. “No answer…!” They all decided just to get the anger scene, and work it out after.
 
They arrived to find Gizmo, and Mammoth were robbing the Jump-City bank again, and Jynx, their once companion, now traitor was bound and gagged to a lamppost for her early attempt to try and foil their plans.
 
She also was unable to use her powers as gizmos new cuffs were draining her energy and making her weak. “Heh, heh, heh… how's da weather up dere, Jynx?” Mammoth mocked her.
 
Gizmo snickered as he came out with another bag full of gold; he seemed to be carrying it without much difficulty. “Heh… these new weightless sacks make carrying a breeze. I feel like I could lift up the moon.”
 
“Well good… because that's just where I'll be happy to send you.” called a voice; the guys turned round and saw the Teen Titans standing behind them. “Ya know… you guys are really getting' annoyin'.” growled Mammoth.
 
“Funny… we were thinking the same thing about you.” said Raven.
 
Gizmo and Mammoth then noticed that Beast-Boy wasn't there, “What's the matter… greenie run away?” Gizmo mocked; he and Mammoth slapped a high-five, and then they decided to go for it. “You guys are goin' down!”
 
“Here we come…!”
 
Robin pulled out his staff, “TITANS… GO!” and the heroes charged into action. Robin and Cyborg went after Gizmo. “Come on… put up your dukes!” the little techno-geek yelled.
 
“Yo'… like this…?” Cyborg asked as he gave the boy a good right fist in his face. BAM! Gizmo went up in the air, “No… like this!” he replied, as he seemed to be unharmed, and he clicked a remote in his hand…
 
This fired a beam of light at Cyborg's shoulders, and before Cyborg knew it, he was flaying his arms all over the place. “Hey… Yo'… whoa… whoa-oa! He's tapped into my systems.”
 
He began going all over the place, punching things, and knocking things over. He even back flipped, and twisted. “Heh, heh, heh… now this is what I call fun.” Gizmo chuckled, abut suddenly the remote was wretched out of his hands by Robin's grappling lines. “Hey, give me that back!”
 
“Okay… HERE…!” Robin yelled as he tossed his disc-bombs at Gizmo instead of the remote. “BLAH…!”
 
“Hey… oh, no you don't…” Mammoth growled as he charged straight towards Robin, only to be halted by the girls. “Leave my fiancée alone!” demanded Starfire and she fired her star-bolts like crazy, but Mammoth was actually able to charge right through them.
 
“Ugh… he just never learns.” Raven muttered, “Azarath… Metrione… ZINTHOS!” Using her powers, Raven grabbed the lampposts and bound Mammoth up tight. “Oh, yeah…?” he growled, “You think dat's good enough?” and in a might roar, he used his huge bulk to break loose.
 
The girls gasped, “He just will not give up.” cried Starfire. “Well we won't either…” added Raven.
 
As the battle continued, Robin kept trying to call for Beast-Boy… but he still didn't answer. They really could've used his help, especially when Gizmo and Mammoth seemed to get the upper hand.
 
Finally… the four Titans were lying on the ground, sore in many places. “Heh, heh, heh… Lookie what we got here…” Mammoth joked, “A big Teen Titans sandwich. I'll take ketchup on my half…”
 
“Chile-sauce on mine…” added Gizmo.
 
However… just as they were about to go for the kill, two flashed of energy hit them hard. “Hey…!”
 
“What de…?”
 
Jynx had broken free from the lamppost and what was more, there was a second Jynx on the other side; only this one wore a mask that looked like Robin's.
 
“Hey… two Jynx's?” Gizmo said, “That's impossible!”
 
“Oh really…” the real Jynx said, “We shall just find out… won't we.” said the other, who was really Copy-Cat, who had earlier freed Jynx while no one was watching, and copied her form.
 
The others watched as the two Jynx's battled the villains and laid them to waste without much effort. “Whoo-hoo… now that's what I call teamwork.” Cyborg cheered.
 
The others thought they were both impressive, and Robin… he never thought Jynx actually had it in her to do good for the world.
 
Finally… the villains were beaten, and the police had arrived. Copy-Cat changed back to his true form, and just before leaving with the others, he told Jynx, “Remember, my new friend… whatever path you decide… it can only be as good, or as wicked, as you wish it to be.” He paused and gazed back at the other Titans “…that goes for us all.”
The others all nodded in agreement, but Jynx, well… “Whatever… you guys just leave me to think of it in my own way.” and she left.
 
“Well… that sure taught her something.” Raven said with sarcasm.
 
 
Meanwhile
 
It was the end of another school-day, but Terra was still acting all strange. Jackie and Jillian invited her out for a milkshake, “Oh… no thanks, I got… stuff to do.” She said sounding a little distant, but Jackie and Jillian read her like a book…
 
“She's actually going out there tonight.” Jackie said.
 
“Totally…” added Jillian, “If that green runt thinks she's going alone, he's got a death wish coming.”
 
The two friends agreed to go out there to the rocky-mountains near the edge of town that night, and make sure they gave Beast-Boy a taste of their minds.
 
 
As the sun began to set and the sky was changing color…
 
When the Titans all got back to the tower, they still had no idea where Beast-Boy was, and why he didn't show up or answer his communicator. Just then, Cyborg noticed something on the fridge, “Yo'… what's this?”
 
He read the letter, and, “YO… EVERYONE… GET IN HERE!”
 
The others dashed into the lounge in a split instant, and when they read the note, “Beast-Boy!” cried Robin.
 
Starfire was on the verge of tears, “Our dear friend is leaving us?” she asked.
 
“More like he's already gone.” said Cyborg.
 
They all read the note several times over, and they could tell why he would act this way, but was leaving really the answer?
 
“Does he even know what he's going to do out there?” Raven asked in concern. “I mean… he's not exactly a bright guy.”
 
The sent everyone into deep concern, “We must find him…” Copy-Cat said, “Raven, will you able to locate him? Perhaps he has not gotten very far.”
 
Raven nodded, “I can see him already… he's on the rocky mountains, by the edge of town.”
 
“Right… let's go!” cried Robin, and everyone sprinted off.