Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: What Changes Really Are ❯ Enough is enough ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
The next day, at Murakami high school, Terra was in math class, and she had just gotten her geometry test back, “Oh, no…” she groaned, “I totally flunked.”
 
“Hey, you did better than we did…” Jackie said.
 
“Right on…” Jillian said, “My Dad's going to kill me when he sees this F.”
 
Terra just kept starring at her F, and remembered that she could've studied enough if it wasn't for Beast-Boy, always following her and trying to convince her to come back to the Teen Titans…
 
 
“Here… take this… in case you're in trouble… in case you need me.”
 
“I don't need it.”
 
“But…”
 
“Time's up…”
 
“Terra…!”
 
“Things change Beast-Boy… the girl you want me to be is just a memory.”
 
 
“Yo'… Earth to Terra…” Jackie called, “Class is over…”
 
Terra snapped out of her trance. Then she gathered her books and left the room, unaware that she was being watched from outside…
 
Beast-Boy, as green squirrel, was hiding in a tree on the school grounds, and he was watching her all morning. He didn't bother to go inside and talk to her again, as she made it clear that she wanted nothing to do with her former life.
 
“Oh, Terra…” he thought to himself, “You have no idea how much I miss you.”
 
That's when some of the students began to walk out of the building on their rest break before the next class, and just his luck… among them were Jackie, Jillian, and Terra. He couldn't get out of the tree now; they'd see him for sure.
 
Just then… two strong guys came round the corner; these were Jackie and Jillian's new boyfriends, Tim, and Jim.
 
Tim, was the star on the basketball team, and had slick brown hair, and Jim was the football captain, he was black, and he shaved his head. “Yo'… bald is beautiful, but not like you…” he said as he flirted with Jillian.
 
“Baby… you're somethin' else.”
 
 
Tim and Jim slapped high-fives, then Tim crumpled his soda-can, and tossed it aiming for the garbage can, but he tossed too high, and it landed in the tree, and hit something… The leaves in the tree were shaking with squeaking-noises. “Yo'… what the--”
 
All five of them looked and saw a little green squirrel tumble out form the tree and landed splat on the ground. “Hey… I thought squirrels were supposed to be grey, not green…”
 
Terra sighed, “Not this again…”
 
Everyone watched as the squirrel changed into Beast-Boy, he had spirals in his eyes and stars whirling around his head. He shook himself out of it, “Dude… watch he do.” He said while rubbing his head.
 
“You again?” snarled Jackie, as she and Jillian marched over towards the little green guy. “Yo' fool… I thought we told you to get lost?”
 
Beast-Boy didn't care what they had to say anymore, “Hah…”
 
“Hey… what's so funny?” Jackie asked.
 
Beast-Boy put on an evil grin. “Just that you both… talk like little kids.” he said.
 
“Say what…?” Jillian growled.
 
“Didn't it occur to you girls that I still have my own rights, and I can hang out wherever I want?” replied Beast-Boy, “At least I wasn't going into the school and talking to Terra again.”
 
“Beast-Boy…” Terra said, “I asked you to stop calling me that…”
 
“Yo'… what's all this about?” Jim asked. “Terra… you know this kid?”
 
Terra pretended that “No… not exactly…”
 
Beast-Boy couldn't believe that she was still trying to keep up that crazy act, “Yeah… right… that's what she says.” he said, “Whatever… I'm out of here.” He said as he headed for the gate… but he stopped one more time to tell Terra, “Just keep in mind… changes are horrible… and they won't do anything but rob you of your life.”
 
Terra remained silent, and Jackie and Jillian threaten Beast-Boy, “Hey kid… if you ever show your butt-ugly green-face here again… you're dead-meat.”
 
Beast-Boy looked over his shoulder. “Bite me!” he snapped, “I don't take orders from anyone else… especially a couple of weak sluts like you two.”
 
The girls gasped, and so did their boyfriends. “Hey… don't you go insulting our ladies, or I'll pound you!” Tim yelled at him.
 
Beast-Boy just huffed, “Talk about Pathetic…” then he was gone.
 
“What a geek…” Jackie said.
 
“What a loser…” added Jillian.
 
“Hey, hey… ease up on him.” Terra said.
 
The girls were outraged to hear her defend him like that. That's when they walked off with their boyfriends, leaving Terra by herself in the school-yard. “I'm sorry Beast-Boy… but I feel its better this way.”
 
Deep down, a part of her hated what she was doing, but she tried all she could to keep herself focused on her new life, in school. Her former life as a hero was over, and she could never be with Beast-Boy.
 
She felt that in time… he would respect her decision, and come to realize her way of thinking.
 
(Music cue)
 
Still… it didn't hurt for her to feel just a little upset, and even let a few tears fall.
 
As she stood there, in the yard not even moving, she remembered of all the fun times they had together… and as Beast-Boy had mentioned before…
 
“You were so much happier that way.”
 
-Where do we go from here?
This isn't where we intended to be
we had it all, you believed in me
I believed in you

Certainties disappear
what do we do for our dream to survive?
How do we keep all our pas
sions alive,
as we used to do?


Deep in my heart I'm concealing
Things that I'm longing to say
Scared to confess what I'm feeli
ng
Frightened you'll slip away


You must love me
You must love me

Why are you at my side?
How can I be any use to you now?
Give me a chance and I'll let you see how
Nothing has changed

Deep in my heart I'm concealing
Things that I'm longing to say
Scared to confess what I'm feeli
ng
Frightened you'll slip away


You must love me
You must love me

You must love me
 
 
Terra shut her eyes tight letting the last tear fall from her eye, “No… I `m not a hero… I'm not out to save the world.” She said to herself, “I'm a school girl, and I'm going too late for class.”
 
She walked back into school still trying to fight the memories in her head, but if only they weren't really coming from her heart.
 
 
Beast-Boy lay in bed that night all shaken up. He couldn't live like this anymore, not with his whole life crumpling before his eyes. It was always the same with him, one big disaster after another; each more catastrophic and painful than the last making him worse and worse… and now all this with Terra took the lasts of his spirit away.
 
The Terra he knew was gone, or rather she was there deep down, but she didn't want to be that anymore. The Titans couldn't help him; there was no one out there for him now.
 
He finally decided, enough was enough… he got up and wrote two letters, one was for the Titans…
 
Dear Titans…
 
By the time you read this, I'll be long gone…
 
I just can't stand it here in Jump-City anymore. This city is too full of painful memories, and things that open up all those wounds that I hoped would heal over time. I'm leaving… and don't try and stop me.
 
It's time for me to go, and make it all on my own. At least no one can hurt me anymore. People want to live with Changes… well I don't, but you'll have to live with this one.
 
I've had it… I'm fed up… and I am out of here.
 
Good bye… good luck… and… I guess I'm going to miss you guys.
 
Thanks for everything…
 
Beast-Boy!
 
 
Two drops fell onto the paper, Beast-Boy sniffed a little, “Oops…” but then he figured he'd write one last line.
 
PS: These are tear drops… real ones!
 
 
He placed the note in the lounge on the refrigerator where he knew the others would find it. Then he took one last long good look around the lounge. Then he changed into a green bird, and flew off into town with no supplies.
 
He flew all the way to Murakami high-school which was closed for the night, with the second letter clutched in his talons. He then went through a series of slipping the note into an air vents, and then he would change into a fly to fit through and take the note the rest of the way.
 
He looked all over in his human form, and sniffed the lockers as a blood-bound. Finally he found the locker he was looking for; Terra's locker.
 
He slipped the note inside, and then… he left. “Sure hope she reads it.” he said to himself.