Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: What Changes Really Are ❯ Strange behavior ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TEN
 
The next day…
 
Copy-Cat's foresight still hadn't returned. Dr. Noah Body's formula was certainly taking its precious time to wear off, but that wasn't the only strange thing going on…
 
Beast-Boy was up and went to the kitchen for a vegan breakfast, but he didn't bother sit next with the others at the table. This struck the others as odd, for Beast-Boy usually started each day with a morning joke, or at least bid a friendly good-morning to everyone…
 
Today however, he had a strange look on his face, almost as if he had bitten into a lemon, and he hardly blinked his eyes…
 
“You think he's sick…?” Cyborg asked quietly to the others.
 
“Doubt it…” said Raven, “Believe me, if he were sick, I'd know…”
 
The others took her word for it, and that's when Starfire moved towards Beast-Boy. “Uh… Good morning Beast-Boy…” she said almost nervously.
 
Beast-Boy looked up at her, “Starfire…” he answered her.
 
Star then asked why he wouldn't join them all at the table like he did every morning. “Nah… I just feel like eating alone right now.” he told her.
 
“But friend… surely we would like for--”
 
“I SAID NO… TAMERAINIAN!!” Beast-Boy roared. Starfire winced, and the others all stood up in shock.
 
“Yo' man… what's your problem?” snapped Cyborg.
 
Beast-Boy stood up, “Just because I wish to be alone... DOES NOT MEAN THAT I'M SICK!!” he thundered, but then suddenly he felt his aching head, and realized that what he did was wrong, “Uh… I'm… I'm sorry.” he said calmly, “I just didn't get a lot of sleep last night, my head's not feeling to hot…”
 
The others pretty much had a good idea of why, “You were thinking about Terra again, weren't you…?” Cyborg asked.
 
“Beast-Boy… we know how you feel, but you have to move on.” Robin said, “If Terra's happy in her new school and her new life, then maybe you should just let her go, and be happy that's she's happy.”
 
Beast-Boy sighed heavily, “Dude… that wasn't cool.” he said feeling low, “Forget it… I'll just go for a walk, maybe some fresh air will wake me up.” then he was gone.
 
Little did anyone, nor even Raven; realize it was actually Trigon's spirit inside of him that caused that outburst of his…
 
Copy-Cat shot Robin a look of shame. “He was correct Robin… what you had said to him was very, very bad indeed.”
 
Robin was confused, “What… All I told him was to be strong?”
 
Cyborg actually agreed with Copy-Cat, “Yo' man… sure he's gotta' get a grip, but… you don't just forget your first love… not like that.”
 
Robin then suddenly realized that maybe they had a bit of a point. After all, Starfire meant a lot to him, and she'd mean all the more to him once they were married…
 
Raven and Copy-Cat felt the same, in all their years they wished to find characters who understood them… being dark, and quiet, and not really as active as many… but a guy like Beast-Boy…?
 
“I can understand how he feels…” Raven said, “I mean… he's had all the worst luck, and I hate t admit it… but he's had things even worse than I have.”
 
The others actually agreed with her; sure she was Trigon's portal key; once… but that was all dissolved, and she was free of that monster, but Beast-Boy… well they all knew his sad story…
 
“Poor Kid…” Cyborg said with pity, “Guy's gotta have something in this world to hope for… but what's he got to hope for now?”
 
Nobody knew the answer to that…
 
“Perhaps there is something that we can do to help Beast-Boy?” Starfire asked. The others weren't too sure about that. “We can't just go off and ask her…” said Robin, “Besides… it's still morning, she's still in school… we have no right to interfere, and I'm not sure we even should.”
 
“No… but we can try after school…” Raven suggested. “I don't know…”
 
Still, what it boiled down to was, no matter whether or not they all wanted to confront Terra, they knew that they had to do something for Beast-Boy. After all… he was still a good kid, and he deserved some happiness!
 
Meanwhile
 
Beast-Boy had been walking through the city all morning, and glancing around him at all the things that had changed. New buildings… old place he used to go not being there anymore. Even the amusement park, where he and Terra went on their first and only date, was all fixed up again.
 
He just sat up there on the edge of a rooftop overlooking the park, and sighed. “We were close… so close…” he muttered. He was thinking of the time of when he and Terra cam so close to kiss… but Slade had to be there and ruin everything…
 
Then she became their enemy, a solid statue, and then a school girl trying to brush him away, and force him to leave her alone. “Things were never the way you remember. Now just leave me alone!”
 
He shut his eyes tight, “I can't let you go… You swim in my blood. I can see you even with my eyes closed. I love you Terra… it haunts me everyday.”
 
(Music cue)
 
A deep, and very hurtful song played through his head as so many flashbacks of Terra flew past him in his mind.
 
-I don't feel the joy
I don't feel the pain
You were just a toy
I am just insane
 
Walking on my own
Leaving you behind
You were crying out
That you need to speak your mind

Ohhh
So alone in love
So alone in love
I'm going to haunt you everyday
Haunt you everyday
 
-I am gonna kill
When I need a thrill
Eating at t
he heart
until I've had my fill
 
When will stupid learn?
Fire
's gonna burn
Think of consequence
Then you move when it your tur
n
 
Ohhh
So alone in love
So alone in love
I'm going to haunt you everyday
Haunt you everyday
 
(Guitar Solo)
 
Walking on my own
Leaving you behind
You were crying out
Th
at you need to speak your mind
 
Ohhh
So alone in love
So alone in love
I'm going to haunt y
ou everyday
Haunt you everyday
H
aunt you everyday
HAUNT YOU EVERYDAY
 
(Another Guitar Solo, right to the end)
 
After the song had passed, Beast-Boy's head began to ache again. “Ow! Ahh…!”
 
It was Trigon, now that Beast-Boy's spirit had weakened again, he was gaining more control of his mind, “Garfield Logan… We have a job to do.” He told him. “The time has come to assemble our army of minions.”
 
“Mmm… No! No… I'm not going for it!” Beast-Boy growled.
 
“You will do as I wish!” snapped Trigon, “Either way… we are going to carry out my plan. Now, let us be off…”
 
Beast-Boy then changed into a bird, either intentionally, or against his will, and flew off in the direction Murkami high…
 
 
Down the street from the school at the pizza parlor, Terra, along with Jackie, Jillian, and their boyfriends time and Jim, were out on a lunch date. “Terra… you have got to get yourself a man.” Jackie said as she lay in Tim's arms.
 
“Girl… you don't know what your missin'.” added Jillian.
 
Terra giggled, for she knew they were only trying to help her forget her troubles. “Maybe I will someday…” she said, “Like maybe never…” she thought silently. Her mind was still wrapped around Beast-Boy…
 
She hadn't seen him for about a month, and she never stopped worry about him. Maybe she really was that much in love with him. Always thinking about him; and the way he used to make her laugh. Best of all… trying to help her get her memories back, even though she didn't have amnesia to start with.
 
Just then… she looked down at the street, and could swear she saw a green bird flying down onto the sidewalk. “Hmm…?” then she saw the bird change into “Ah… it's Beast-Boy…” she cried softly.
 
The others actually heard her, and they looked down to the street too, “Hey… I thought that green geek was gone for good.” Jackie said softly yet angrily.
 
“Well… it looks like he's back.” Jim said, “Good thing he is too…”
 
Terra had a sick feeling that she knew what he was getting at. Ever since last month when Beast-Boy had shredded their old school uniforms, Jackie and Jillian never stopped complaining.
 
Tim and Jim were so ticked that they always said how they were going to get revenge for their women. “Hey…” Tim said as he scooped up a meatball from his pasta. “Watch this… I'll bet I can hit him from here.”
 
Terra shook her head and waved her arms trying to tell him not to do it, but Tim had already flung the meatball from his fork like a catapult. The ball soared through the air, and headed right for Beast-Boy who was walking up the street.
 
Suddenly, Beast-Boy… who had sensed the meat-ball coming at him from behind, through the use of Trigon's powers… he turned round and just before the ball had hit him; he stopped it right in midair using telekinesis…
 
Much to the others shock… they just stood there with their mouths hanging wide open. That's when Beast-Boy used his new powers to split the ball into four equal pieces and send it flying right back up towards them… STRAIGHT down their throats… except for Terra.
 
Tim, Jim, Jackie, and Jillian coughed and choked hard, until they coughed up the meat-ball fragments that were stuck in their throats. “How pathetic!” Beast-Boy growled as he walked back up the street.
 
Jillian growled with her hoarse voice, “Okay… that kid's really getting' on my nerves!”
 
“Yo'… no kidding!” added Jim. “I didn't even know that freak could use those kinds of powers.”
 
Terra was the only one who knew for certain that, “He can't…” she thought silently to herself. She knew fully well that Beast-Boy had no telekinetic powers, or quick reflexes.
 
Something didn't feel right!