Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: What Changes Really Are ❯ In the Dark of the night ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
 
When Robin woke up the next morning, he found that he was still in the evidence room, and figured that he must've passed out. He still had nothing to work with on the events yesterday afternoon.
 
Starfire came into the room and urged him to come to the lounge for breakfast. When they got there, they found Copy-Cat was there, sitting at the table, with a towel wrapped over his head which was curled down breathing over a bowl of hot steamy water.
 
Raven was there pouring her herbal tea, “I asked… and I still don't get It.” she said.
 
Copy-Cat looked up from under the towel. “I shall explain it one last time…” he sighed, and he explained that he was trying to inhale steam, as people on Earth used the same term of use to clear their noses. “It is my hope that it shall neutralize Nobody's formula faster and I shall be able to retrieve my foresight.”
 
“Uh-huh… good luck with that.” said Cyborg.
 
As everyone sat down to breakfast, they noticed that Beast-Boy wasn't there once again. The girls still thought he was probably sick or something, “Or Probably still feeling a little upset about Terra's school.” replied Cyborg.
 
Robin gasped softly, “Oh, man!” he groaned, “We promised each other that we'd try and talk to Terra the other day.”
 
The others realized he was right, and just for that moment they all felt bad. This wasn't just about talking to Terra; it was also about making Beast-Boy feel better. Everyone began to notice that he had been acting pretty strange since he got back from his solo adventure, “Much stranger than usual.” in Raven's opinion.
 
“Maybe someone ought to talk to the little guy.” Cyborg suggested. Everyone nodded in agreement, and then the others all cast their look at Raven. “Uh…? Oh okay, fine!”
 
 
She knocked at Beast-Boy's door, “Beast-Boy… you in there?” she asked. There was no answer. “Beast-Boy…?” still no answer…
 
She almost thought of just leaving him be, but then again he always snooped in her room, and eavesdropped on her several times before. She placed her face against the metal and used her powers to peek right through… and what she saw shocked and amazed her.
 
The curtains were pulled tight, blocking the sunlight from seeping into the dark room. What she found even more amazing was Beast-Boy sitting on the floor, actually meditating with candles and burning powders… almost exactly like she did in her room.
 
“Do you mind Raven…?” he asked gruffly.
 
Raven gasped, blushed and then pulled her head back outside. “Okay… really getting weird.” she said to herself…
 
When she got back to the lounge and told the others what she saw, the others were just as confused as she was. “Beast-Boy never meditates…” Robin said, “Tell me about it…” added Cyborg, “Poor little guy doesn't even know how to be quiet or sit still enough to do that stuff.”
 
Starfire figured perhaps that Beast-Boy was trying something new. “Just because our friend has never before attempted such things, means nothing of the sort that he cannot do it at all.”
 
The others knew she was right, but still… they all thought it to be quite odd.
 
“How's the steam doing for you Copy-Cat?” Robin asked.
 
Copy-Cat looked up, “Mmm… I can feel it… yes… it is working… but I still cannot quite sense things clearly.” he said.
 
He tried to sense the others thoughts, but he couldn't guess them all correctly, or even be sure if they were trying to fake him out. “We at least we know you'll get it all back soon.” said Cyborg.
 
Just then, Beast-Boy came into the lounge looking for his communicator. “Ah… there it is.” he muttered.
 
“Beast-Boy…? Where are you going?” Robin asked.
 
Beast-Boy shot him a straight look, “Out…! That, you got a problem with that…?” He said fiercely yet softly. All the others just stared at him with looks of deeper confusion, “Stop gawking at me!”
 
As he walked past them at the table on his way to the door, Both Raven and Copy-Cat sensed something nasty within his mind, but it was still too unclear for them to see it completely. “Hey… you two okay?” Cyborg asked.
 
“Uh… yeah…” Raven said, “We just need time alone right now…” she got up and grabbed Copy-Cat's arm and dragged him to her room. “Did you sense that…?” she asked him.
 
Her boyfriend nodded, “Though my foresight has not returned, I could sense that it was defiantly pure evil. Still… I cannot be sure of what it is…”
 
Raven felt the same way, but her powers weren't able to penetrate through far enough either. It was as if some stronger force was pushing her back out. She quickly began to rummage through her spell-books… “We've got to clear your foresight, and I've got to focus more.” she said.
 
Her boyfriend agreed, and he even decided to investigate in Beast-Boy's room while he was out…
 
“My goodness…” he thought to himself, “It is as dark as a catacomb in here. Even my bed-chamber and Raven's are nothing compared to this.”
 
Beast-Boy's room looked cleaner, but now instead o finding pizza boxes all over the floor, he found urns, and books piled neatly into a corner. All his rock-star and video game posters were taken down from the walls and replaced with parchments with strange markings on them.
 
“This does not make sense.” he said aloud. Still… he knew now for sure that something wrong with Beast-Boy, something unnatural.
 
He went back to Raven's room, and told her of everything he had seen, he even drew up a picture of one of the symbols he had seen. “No.” Raven peeped.
 
Meanwhile
 
Beast-Boy was still working out his army of Zombies, and they were nearly ready to go out and destroy the city.
 
They were all looking stronger with their bodies flaring and the scathe marking emitted on their foreheads.
 
As for Beast-Boy himself, he was thinking and speaking more and more wickedly now as he inspected his growing army. “Once my Zombie army is up and running, spreading chaos and darkness all over… I shall annihilate the planet Earth, and then… THE UNIVERSE…!”
 
(Music cue)
 
All the zombies cheered at the foot of their leader as he began to sing…
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
(Sounds like Christopher Lloyd)
 
In the dark of the night I was tossing and turning
And the nightmare I had was
real bad to feel --
It scared me out of my wits --
My body falling to bits!
Then I opened my eyes
And the nightmare was...REAL!!

All I wished was to have was a beautiful life . (Ooo-Ahh-Ooo)
But I got just the opposite, no gives just take! (Ooo-Ahh-Ooo)
My loved ones were taken away,
Terra wanted change, now she shall pay
Terra, you better beware,
the Beast awake!

(Zombies)

In the dark of the night evil will find
them
In the dark of the night just before dawn!
Ooh…Ooh…Ooh

(Beast-Boy)

Revenge will be sweet

(EVERY ONE)

When the curse is complete!

In the dark of the night
..

(Beast-Boy)
They'll be gone!
I can feel that my powers are slowly growing! (Ooo-Ahh-Ooo)
Tie my sash and a dash of cologne for that smell!
(Ooo-Ahh-Ooo)
As
humanity die with no trace
and the pieces fall into place!
As the mortals bid their lives with grace, farewell!

(Zombies)

In the dark of the night terror will strike
them!

(Beast-Boy)
 
Terror's the least I can do!

(Zombies)
In the dark of the night evil will brew.
Ooh
-Ooh-Ooh…!

(Beast-Boy )

Soon
they see, what all changes can be.

(EVERYONE)

In the dark of the night

(Beast-Boy)

They'll be through!

(Zombies)
In the dark of the night
Evil will find
them
Find her!
Ooh!
In the dark of the night terror comes true.
Doom
them!

(Beast-Boy)

Dear mortals, here's a sign --

(EVERYONE)

It's the end of the line!

In the dark of the night...
In the dark of the night...


(Beast-Boy)

Come my minions,
Rise for your master,
Let your evil shine!
 
(Zombies)
In the dark of the night...
In the dark of the night...
(Beast-Boy)
 
Go out now,
Yes,
go ever faster

(Zombies)
In the dark of the night...
In the dark of the night...

In the dark of the night...

(Beast-Boy)
THE EARTH WILL BE MINE!”
 
The zombies were ready. Jump City was in grave danger now…!