Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: What Changes Really Are ❯ Don't tell anyone ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
 
Beast-Boy went back to the city admiring its beautiful sites one last time; for soon it, and the rest of the world would all change forever… and while thinking of things changing he walked a little further up the street, “Well.. What do you know?”
 
There just up ahead was Terra, along with her four idiotic friends window-shopping…
 
Ever since Murakami was destroyed, and they had no other schools to go to at the moment, they all decided to catch up on some kicking back, and shop a little to help them ease the pain of all the people killed in the explosion.
 
Jim pounded his fist angrily, “Man… if only I could remember who did this!” he growled. “If I knew who it was that trashed the school, I'll take him apart and put him back together inside-out!”
 
“Save some for me, will you…!” added Tim.
 
Terra thought they were both funny. Time and Jim were the kind of jocks who hated school, and yet here they were acting like a pair of avengers. Still… she too wished they remembered who trashed the school, whoever it was had to be pretty sneaky.
 
She was suddenly snapped out of her trance at the sound of Jackie and Jillian shrieking at the sight of shoes in the window. “OMG… Those would look so cute on me!” Jackie cried.
 
“I know… and I could go for those ones right next to them there...” added Jillian…
 
“EEE…!”
 
Terra, Tim, and Jim plugged their ears to tone down the noise a bit, then suddenly they all heard the sounds of someone say, “How Pathetic!”
 
They turned and saw Beast-Boy standing a few steps away from them. “Hey… what are you doing here greenie?” snapped Jackie.
 
“I live in this city too you know…” he snapped back at her, “I can go where I please… too bad I can't say the same for you; Shopping here like the little kids that you are.”
 
“Hey, pal!” snapped Tim, “You take that back before I mess you up.”
 
“Yeah… you can't talk to our ladies like that!” added Jim.
 
“Oh yeah… and what if I don't feel like it? What are couple of dudes like you going to do about it?”
 
That was it… he had gone too far. Tim and Jim rolled up their sleeves, “Okay kid… you asked for it!” snarled Tim. “We're going give to you!”
 
Jackie and Jillian had been waiting for this for a while now. “Yeah… give it to him!” they cheered. Terra however didn't like the looks of this, “No… don't do it!” she cried. The boys didn't listen and began to stomp towards Beast-Boy. “Beast-Boy… what are you doing, get out of here!”
 
“BE QUIET…!”
 
Terra winced, “Aah…!” and her features hardened.
 
The boys kept stomping towards Beast-Boy and he still didn't make a move. He just stood there with his eyes closed, and his arms folded. Tim aimed his fist right for his nose, but Beast-Boy ducked down.
 
Jim tried to kick him from behind, but Beast-Boy jumped out of the way. The boys were confused, but they kept on trying to hit Beast-Boy and missed him every shot.
 
“Will you sit still so we can hit you…?!” they growled.
 
Beast-Boy opened his eyes and uncrossed his arms, “Whatever…” he said, and he finally put up his dukes, bus still never threw a punch… and he had no need to. The Boys dashed straight at him and their fists collided with his face…
 
BOI-OI-OING!! It was like punching a solid brick wall. The boys moaned and cried in pain as they held their sore hands. “YEOW…!”
 
“AW, MAN…!”
 
The girls, even Terra were speechless. Beast-Boy didn't even change into an n animal or lay a finger-tip on the boys, yet he caused them so much pain already. Beast-Boy scowled at the girls in boredom and disgust, “And I thought you two were Pathetic…” he insulted, and then he turned to walk back up the street.
 
“Hey… you get back here right now!” Jackie called to him.
 
As much as Jillian wanted to go after Beast-Boy, she thought it best to let it go, and tend to the boys' sore hands. Terra however was really worried now. Beast-Boy seemed to have gotten worse and worse since he came back to town.
 
One day he's all sweet, funny, and a little bit sensitive… and then POW… he was like someone you never met before and never wanted to see again.
 
She still felt that all of this was somehow her fault, and he was probably still hurting from her decision of wanting to change. She needed to talk to him… alone!
 
Meanwhile
 
Raven and Copy-Cat were still in Raven's room trying all sorts of things to cure Copy-Cat's foresight. Spells, meditation… even breathing in powders… Now they were putting it to the test…
 
“You are thinking of… What book you shall read next?”
 
Raven sighed, “Close… but no. I was thinking of why Beast-Boy got all his books for.”
 
Well that was something, at least his foresight had nearly returned, and it would be any time now. Still… he wasn't ready to start sensing thoughts.
 
Just then, the alarm sounded, and Robin called all Titans to-arms! There was trouble in the city again, and this time they weren't going to be late to the scene...
 
 
The local shopping mall was being attacked and ransacked by strange zombie-like creatures; only these creatures seemed to have dark powers. They set things on fire, blew holes through the walls… and anyone who tried to stand up to them deeply regretted it.
 
Suddenly, the Titans, including Beast-Boy, burst into the mall. “Titans… Spread out!” cried Robin. The others nodded and ran off…
 
Robin threw his disc-bombs to get the zombies' attention, and when they turned to face him, he could see the symbols on their foreheads, “That… that marking.” He thought to himself…
 
Sadly that's when the zombies caught him off guard and threw fireballs at him; he barely was able to dodge them as there were so many.
 
Cyborg came rushing through while riding a shopping cart at full-speed, knocking down everything in his path, including the zombies. “BO-YAH… now that's what I call--” he stopped when suddenly he saw all the zombies get right back up, “How not to get the job done…”
 
Not only did the zombies get back up, but Cyborg watched in horror as those who had their heads turned completely around in the collision, they just grabbed their heads and twisted them right back in their rightful position… and boy were they mad!
 
They all began to gang up on him, and he was barley able to get an opening to fight them off. Even if he did, these creeps just wouldn't stay down. He shot his sonic-cannon, fired his missiles, he even tried knocking their heads off… but they just kept coming back.
 
“Man… how do you kill what's already dead?”
 
Starfire, Raven, and Copy-Cat weren't having much luck either. The Zombies were able to fire their flame-orbs faster than Starfire could shoot her star-bolts. Copy-Cat even copied Raven's form and tried to hold her use the dark waves to contain the zombies…
 
Alas… they broke free… “How ever is this possible?” cried Starfire. That's when Raven got a good look at the markings on the monsters foreheads. “Oh no… it can't be!” It was the markings of the Scathe, used by her father Trigon, but how it was all happening she had no idea…
 
It was actually Beast-Boy, who was only making it look like he was getting beat-up by the monsters, when really… he was passing on more of Trigon's power to them to make them even stronger.
 
Finally, after a long and tedious battle, Beast-Boy secretly ordered the zombies away, “We have given them our warning. Soon they will all be at our mercy…”
 
The zombies began to disappear, one by one, until they were all out of sight. “Yo'… Where'd they go?” called Cyborg.
 
“They have… vanished!” cried Starfire.
 
Beast-Boy crawled out from a pile of rubble that was made in all the fighting. “Friend…” replied Starfire, “You are injured?”
 
“I'm okay…” Beast-Boy said to her, and when Starfire questioned him again, “I said… I'M ALRIGHT!” he shouted with such vigor. The others watched him leave the store all thinking that he was really upset, and emotionally fragile.
 
Still, they honestly didn't know what the matter was with him mouthing off like that.
 
 
When they all got back to the tower, Beast-Boy had shut himself up inside his room. “Disturb me, and die!” he warned the others.
 
Still… he was the least of their concern now. The Zombies were what they were really concentrating on. “They got away this time… but I'll bet they'll be back.” Robin said.
 
“Yeah… but where did they all come from to begin with?” asked Cyborg.
 
Raven explained about the markings, “They're using the darkest magic of Azarath, but how they got it I don't know.” she said.
 
Copy-Cat also noted something about the Zombies, “The outfits that they were wearing… they bear a striking resemblance to the ones that were worn by the students who had survived the disaster at Murakami High.”
 
Everyone realized that he was right, for they all noticed that too. The pieces of the puzzle were starting to come together, but not one of them had a clue of what was going on.
 
Just then… the buzzer warned them that there was someone down below at the entrance-doors. “Who in the world…?” Cyborg muttered as he went to answer it, and to his surprise…
 
“Uh… hi… Cyborg…” Terra said nervously.
 
Cyborg was surprised that she was actually there, and so were all the others when she came up to the lounge.
 
Terra hadn't been back to Titans tower in a long time, ever since Beast-Boy brought her over and trying to convince her to come back. “So… uh… is Beast-Boy home?” she asked. “I need to talk to him…”
 
Everyone sat there with odd expressions, and question-marks hanging over their heads. “Uh… sure…” Robin said. “He's in his room.”
 
Terra smiled, “Thanks…” and she was off.
 
The others really thought this was strange; Terra coming all the way to the Tower just to talk to Beast-Boy? Strange, but they hoped that she would at least be able to calm him down, and maybe get to the bottom of why he was so cranky…
 
 
Beast-Boy was mediating in his room, when there was a knock at the door. “Beast-Boy? It's Terra… Can I come in?”
 
Beast-Boy didn't even move. That's when Terra opened the door, and gasped at how dark and creepy his room looked. “You know… it's very rude to enter a room when you weren't invited in.” Beast-Boy said calmly, yet deeply to her, “I thought you were supposed to be a school-girl?”
 
Terra sat down on a piled of books in the corner, “Sorry… but you and I have to talk.” She said, “And yeah… I want to talk, and after all that's happened.” She referred to back at school when Beast-Boy wouldn't stop following her.
 
Beast-Boy sighed, and then lay back in bed. “Fine… you want to talk… start talking.”
 
Terra wanted to apologize for her friends being so hostile towards him all the time. Deep down she knew they were grateful that he and the Titans were around, “Don't you feel the same way…”
 
“All I feel is boredom…” Beast-Boy said rudely, but Terra didn't care much about that.
 
“Beast-Boy… I'm sorry if these changes are hurting you. To be honest… they're hurting me too, but if I can learn to get on with my life, then I know you can too…”
 
There was a moment of silence, and the Terra broke it with, “Well…”
 
Beast-Boy looked at her, “Terra…”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“You… are a fool!”
 
Terra's features hardened, and her head throbbed in anger, “What did you just say…?”
 
“I said you are a fool!” replied a mysterious dark voice. Terra winced in fear, “Who… who said that?” she asked.
 
“I did…” replied the voice.
 
Terra was sweating in terror, “Uh… who exactly are you?”
 
“I will tell you…” replied the voice, and then Beast-Boy began to tell her, “My name is Trigon. I am the ruler of Azarath, and soon I will rule this whole word and many others beyond that.”
 
“Is there anything else you would like to know…?” asked Trigon's voice.
 
Terra began inching towards the door, “Uh… n-n-no… nothing really.” She nearly reached for the handle, “Stay where you are!” growled Trigon. “No on said that you could leave.” added Beast-Boy.
 
“You are not to mention anything of what have learned in this room to anyone. Is that understood…?”
 
Terra nodded nervously.
 
“It would be wise to obey what I have said.” replied Trigion, “For if you should dare to mention but a single word of this to anyone…”
 
Beast-Boy looked her dead in the eyes, “I will be forced to destroy you!”
 
Terra ran out of the room, and the tower screaming like in a horror movie. The other Titans saw her and tried to follow, but she had already gotten off the island. “Yo'… what was that all about?” Cyborg wondered.